Print

Author Topic: "The Nintendo Commandments"  (Read 13490 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 10:45:25 PM »
Nintendo didn't purposefully put in Bowser flipping off Italians, it was an accident. Nintendo didn't want to offend anyone, so they changed it.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 11:42:04 PM »
There's no way you can accidentally have Bowser extend his arm upward and put his hand on his lower arm and not know what it means.
every

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 07:34:29 AM »
It's amazing how far Nintendo has come >.> BUT-In Galaxy they changed Hell's Prominence to Melty Molten Galaxy =O Wouldn't want to say the h-h-h w-word now would we?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »
This is only somewhat related to censorship, and I know everyone is tired of my "Nintendo rants", but the NES was really successful with what would now be called "casuals" and "hardcores"--and it was released with a toy gun and labeled an "ACTION SET". Now, everything's gotta be stocked with Miis, Apple-white, sanitized, and instruction-filled.

BUT-In Galaxy they changed Hell's Prominence to Melty Molten Galaxy =O Wouldn't want to say the h-h-h w-word now would we?

Whoah, that's what it was supposed to be called! Sweet!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 09:52:11 AM »
I have to disagree. Nothing has to be censored.

If it's not censored, then perhaps it should never be in the game in question in the first place.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
There's no way you can accidentally have Bowser extend his arm upward and put his hand on his lower arm and not know what it means.

Hey I didn't even know that. They could have been like "ooh let's make bowser do something weird with his arms"
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 04:03:21 PM »
How are you guys so dumb that you refuse to believe things?
That was a joke.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 04:35:15 PM »
Isn't that the same gesture from "Spaceballs the Movie" that President Scroob(?) Makes?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 04:36:36 PM »
Yes. And the joke is that their salute is the "Up Yours" motion.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »
...But with the direction of the hand reversed.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 11:08:45 PM »
Call me dense, but Bowser doing that is the first time I've seen that gesture. Seems to be called the bent elbow. I'd probably get an idea of what it meant just by seeing the arm thrust upward, but yeah, it means nothing to me.
You didn't say wot wot.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »
Finally!  It took me long enough to see Bowser doing the gesture.  At first, I thought Bowser's fists were just closer together.  It wasn't until the Spaceball salute was mentioned that I finally got an idea of what I was supposed to be looking at in the SMRPG image.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 07:36:39 AM »
I still don't know what I'm looking at and I'm not sure I want to.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »
This site is about all the edits in WarioWare: Twisted!, it's very interesting in my opinion.
http://asho.wariocompany.com/uncensored/

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 03:30:23 AM »
The GH:Aerosmith vid on the Nintendo Channel had the word "condom" bleeped out. First time I've ever seen that done. And who says Nintendo's shed its censor-love? ;)

Print