Print

Author Topic: New Nintendo DS model?  (Read 16501 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »
Well, Bioware's involved, and I've heard good reviews, so... who can say. If I had a quarter for every Wii/DS game I bought that I thought would be great and wasn't, I could buy SC straight up.
There are 140 Wii/DS games you bought that you thought would be great but weren't?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 05:49:35 PM »
As opposed to...?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »
...What?
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
Ok I'm gonna explain the Nirvana thing so you guys can get back on topic

Smells like Nirvana is a parody by "Weird" Al of the song "Smells like Teen Spirit" by the band Nirvana.  Incase you didn't know Weird Al is a musician/artist that just makes parodys of rock songs.  So now if anyone says "what?" again then its obvious they're just trying to be funny.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and predict that the new model either has complete Game Boy backwards compatibility, or has no GBA slot and built-in rumble and motion sensing. Just in case I'm right.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »
Well, less than 24 hours to go. Let's hope we don't see this again:

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 05:23:13 PM »
Ravi Drums FTW.

I'm going as him for Halloween.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 06:19:37 PM »
Ok I'm gonna explain the Nirvana thing so you guys can get back on topic

Smells like Nirvana is a parody by "Weird" Al of the song "Smells like Teen Spirit" by the band Nirvana.  Incase you didn't know Weird Al is a musician/artist that just makes parodys of rock songs.  So now if anyone says "what?" again then its obvious they're just trying to be funny.

What?

did your original comment have to do with anything?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 06:21:18 PM »
Cool, but...if they called it the DS 2 (which it kind of earned the name of) more people would buy it.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 11:24:51 PM »
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/10/02/nintendo-announces-nintendo-dsi/

Well, I was right about the GBA slot being gone, and with the Virtual Console-type service for it, there's probably going to be GB and GBC games for download... can those two put together count as being right?

Also, I don't think I said it online anywhere, so I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure I predicted that it would be like this... E3 for the expanded market, then either TGS or a Spaceworld-type thing for the core (After reading Sean Malstrom, I've sworn off the terms "casual" and "hardcore").
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:32:10 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »
Why do I want it? No... no! I don't! I shouldn't! Can't. Why do I need it? I could just get a new M3 for my homebrew needs, and I already have a good camera. WiiWare hasn't amazed me yet (nothing super-appealing to me yet, but LD sent me a crappy game), so DSWare isn't too exciting...

Now if it were this...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »
Just some things I noticed and surmised from the comments from that page; there'll either be no extensions that require a GBA slot (eg: guitar grip for GH:OT, Rumble Pak, miscellaneous other DS option packs) or they'll need to be repurchased for this new DS version.

I think I can see a bit of a parallel forming; remember how the GBA came out, then the SP, the slightly sleeker and sexier version, then the Micro with its lesser compatibility and relative uselessness on the market? Well, I can see the DS line going the same way; despite this DSi having more features, the majority of these features will be totally useless while mobile phones, iPods and the like are still common around the world.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 01:25:52 AM »
This is why I didn't buy a DS Lite.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 05:03:54 AM »

This is why I didn't buy an iPod.  Actually, there are plenty of other reasons, but this confirms to me that my decision was correct. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print