Print

Author Topic: Mother 3 Fan Translation Finished!  (Read 10830 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »

You realize there are trannies in this, right? Flamboyant trannies.

Like Tron Bonne?
every

Sqrt2

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 02:55:26 AM »

You realize there are trannies in this, right? Flamboyant trannies.

I have no problem with it, but I'm sure a certain demographic stopped it from getting released in the first place.

I thought it was NOA who stopped it (as they wanted to release it with an 'E for everyone' rating, but can't due to the presence of the aforementioned transsexuals).

I'm still hoping that one day it might be officially released, though.
AA fanboy and proud!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 10:16:40 AM »
I didn't mean directly stopping them... more like they're the shark in the water and NOA is the swimmer who just doesn't feel it's worth it to jump in.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 05:49:27 PM »
The translation team thinks the game was really never intended to be released out here at all, looking at the coding. Which is why it's taken so long. I'd blame everyone who didn't buy EarthBound (myself included, though I was three years old at the time and never heard of it before I played SSB. And I was only playing Mario games between when I played SMW at age five and got into Pokémon about two years later. Oh how I regret my... confinedness...).

It's kind of funny how no one ever calls it EarthBound 2. Then again, I guess it's not. MOTHER makes sense for the first game concerning Giegue and Maria and even more sense for MOTHER 3 concerning MECHA DRAGO KILLS HINAWA. MOTHER 2 isn't quite as great a title. EarthBound fits the first game--the Starmen are bound for Earth. It also fits the EarthBound we actually got, as they're coming back. EarthBound 2 doesn't fit MOTHER 3 very well, though, and working the sphere into the logo would in fact be absolutely necessary.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 05:59:07 PM »
How can you now a game wasn't intended to be released here just by the coding?
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 06:04:18 PM »
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »
They should go into more detail about that because that entry really doesn't explain anything.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 07:13:54 PM »
My thoughts exactly.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »
Well, yeah. Keeping up with the updates, it made more sense. I don't know how to summarize it all, but I guess the programmers used sprite text that crashes the game if too many characters are on-screen at once (and I think the limit was around fifty). English just doesn't agree with that kind of thing. And fixing that has led to bug after bug after bug.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 08:34:54 AM »

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
I have been waiting for this translation.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 01:12:45 PM »
Is anyone having trouble finding a ROM for Mother 3?

If you are, PM me, and I can tell you a good site. (Is PM'ing ROM locations allowed?)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »
Here's something sweet: A Mother 3 handbook!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
Is anyone having trouble finding a ROM for Mother 3?

If you are, PM me, and I can tell you a good site. (Is PM'ing ROM locations allowed?)
  • No asking for or posting of ROMs or links to ROMs.
These rules are in effect for the public message board as well as for personal messages.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »
Just checked, the patch works as advertised, it's all English and I haven't come across any problems so far. Yay! If you have save files from the Japanese version, they'll work on this new one too, although you'll need to download a separate program to make your ally names appear properly. At least now I can see the English titles for the songs in the sound player.

I desperately want to see Nintendo of America's response to this, especially when the hardbook guide is released and the patch considered complete. Just some acknowledgment, anything, that this is something really special. Unless doing so prompts them to send out "cease and desist" letters just because they didn't get around to it first.

One thing I remembered while playing through this game again is just how amazingly smooth everything is, including the battles. You just didn't have this fluidity in Mother 2 (and I've played the real SNES game).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:28:32 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Print