Print

Author Topic: The Non-Tournament Players Tier List (For Brawl)  (Read 11688 times)

« on: October 13, 2008, 02:53:02 PM »
Alright, I'm going to make a basic tier list, and we can debate where each character goes. Instead of it being based on tournaments, its based on how good (or balanced) the character is, in general. While there may be a lot of controversy, hopefully we'll settle on something.

If this isn't in the right section, then please move it.

Well, this is how I picture it:

Marth
Toon Link
Sheik
Captain Falcon
Falco
Lucario

High
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Luigi
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Pit (Probably should be lower)
Link
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff *

Middle
Peach * (No idea)
Ike
Mario
Pokemon Trainer *
Samus
Snake
Olimar * (Honestly, I have no idea)
Ness*
Lucas*
Ganondorf *

Low
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pikachu
Mr. Game & Watch
Meta Knight *
Diddy Kong *
Donkey Kong
Wario
ROB
King Dedede

If I wasn't really sure, I put a * next to it.

Note: Even though there aren't any numbers, they are still in order.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 03:25:19 PM »
Pikachu should be in the top.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
King Dedede is at the absolute bottom? Wait, how are we determining "balanced"?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »
Tiers are bunk in the first place. If you're going to use them though, you need actual criteria instead of how good you, Glitchy, are with each character.
Pretty much every character can be used effectively if you put in the time to do so. Also, how is "middle" the third of four categories?
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 05:00:53 PM »
King Dedede is at the absolute bottom? Wait, how are we determining "balanced"?

King Dedede is not balanced, he is focused on Power, not speed. (Although someone did manage to beat me with him) Tiers are inaccurate, opinionated and worthless.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:03:50 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 05:12:59 PM »
I think this guy has somehow not unlocked Wario yet. How is that?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
I actually agree with that.  While Wario is fun to play as and worth a few laughs, he's really not very practical.

Opinions on some of my more well-liked characters:

Sheik: Agree.  Fast, with a nice moveset.
Falco: Agree.  Nice jump ability and a shamelessly cheap but effective Final Smash.
Wolf: Sort of agree.  I would put him in the top, but that's because I play as him a lot and he's quite possibly my best character.
Peach: Meh.  I guess she fits there, but she could just as viably be one tier up.
Pikachu: Lol wut?  Put him in the top, man!

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Sqrt2

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:40:42 AM »
I honestly think that Meta Knight, DK, Mr G&W and the Ice Climbers should be higher than that, and that Mario, Ganondorf and Olimar be moved down.

Not that I believe in all this tier crap anyway, but...
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 07:19:25 AM »
Not that I believe in all this tier crap anyway, but...
QFT. If everyone put the effort they used to create irrelevant tier lists into just picking a character and playing a Brawl, they'd be well on their way to getting better by their own virtues (and maybe unlocking some newer, potentially better characters if they're SSE-haters).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »
Tiers are stupid, IMO. Basically all the characters can be really great - the only thing separating characters like Mr. Game and Watch from Mario is the level of skill it takes to master them. But seriously, any character can be really hard to beat in the hands of a master.

Just for kicks, however - if I was making a tier list, I would not put Captain Falcon nearly as high as you did. Captain Falcon has seriously been nerfed since the last two games. I'm serious, he was amazing in the original and Melee. Now he's just kind of meh.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »
I've found Ice Climbers, MG&W, and ROB to be great.

Ice Climbers: They're quite powerful if you know how to use them, though it takes a while to master them
MG&W: He is both fast and strong, definitely not the best in either, but a balanced character nonetheless.
ROB: see MG&W, plus great if you learn to utilize his special attacks.

And you forgot Bowser, who should be at the bottom, along with Ganondorf.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 04:56:36 PM »
Tiers are for queers.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »
How dare you insult gay people.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »
Did he just insult gays? Time to break out Vidgmchtr. Oh wait...

As for Meta Knight, [wtd]? I always win when I play as him. I think he should be at least in high.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
Meta Knight is really kind of weird and weak but makes up for it in quickness, I guess. He doesn't really have powerful smashes.
That was a joke.

Print