Print

Author Topic: Tonight, We Dine in Hell  (Read 2802 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: January 12, 2009, 06:41:18 AM »
Describe any and all terrible food you've eaten, terrible restaurants you've visited, terrible meals you've attended, terrible cooking skills by friends and family, and other terribe foodstuff-related topics.

As for the first two, that's covered by a local diner in my town, Billy's. It's got some sentimental value, yeah, and the people there are some of the nicest folks around, but for the most part their foods are very poorly made approximations of Denny's dishes that all feel like re-microwaved leftovers. At least their coffee's okay, though.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:27:11 AM »
Terrible food I've eaten: Newt corpse. It was rotting and I got food poisoning and died.
(There were these tortillas I had once that were absolutely awful.)
Terrible place I've eaten: Elementary school cafeteria whenever they served "teriyaki chicken," which was like non-breaded chicken nuggets covered in teriyaki sauce. Smelled horrible, tasted worse.
(Also, this isn't me, but my dad went to a Steak & Shake around here a couple of times and got food poisoning both times. I've been to a Steak & Shake elsewhere - like, in another state - and never had a problem; I had a burger with mushrooms and Swiss on it, and it was really good.)
Terrible meals I've attended: None really.
Terrible cooking by friends and family: My brother overseasoned an omelette he made for me once.
Other: Have you seen some of the crazy (and nasty) stuff that can happen to salsa when it ages?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:50:08 AM »
Most everybody in my family likes Spanish steak, but it looks and tastes like entrails to me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:04:07 AM »
Have you seen some of the crazy (and nasty) stuff that can happen to salsa when it ages?

Old salsa is something no one should ever experience. I have a bad habit of using up jars of salsa 2/3 of the way and then leaving them in my fridge for obscene amounts of time. By the time I rediscover them, they've darkened and congealed and grown sentient.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:34:36 PM »
Now we know what Glorb uses to build his armies for world-domination.

Disgusting food?  At my old school, there were usually black specks and hairs in the macaroni and cheese, and a friend of mine found a dead fly on his garlic bread one time.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »
A worm in an apple put me off said fruit for some time (un-sliced, at least). However, I guess that means they didn't use pesticides on it, and I suppose that's better than finding half a worm, as they say.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »
Having grown up just after the end of the Great Depression, one of my grandmothers had learned to save as much as she could. Unfortunately, this extends to food. She keeps many foods long past their expiration dates; an example is a glass of orange juice that my dad had that was brown. Turns out it had expired seven months before that day. I know I have a few other age-related culinary disasters related to her, but thankfully I can't remember them right now.

Terrible food I've eaten: Newt corpse. It was rotting and I got food poisoning and died.
Oh, the things some people will do just to get a mild buzz.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print