Print

Author Topic: Fatal Frame 4 Not Coming to North America  (Read 3225 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:24:23 AM »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:04:34 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
Screw this. I'm gonna quit gaming and become a movie nerd.

But seriously, I'm sick of Nintendo pulling this crap. It takes a massive amount of arrogance to constantly refuse to publish anything thast isn't either Mario Sports or one of their manufactured "quirky cult hits".
every

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »
Please tell me you're Aych in those comments ShadowBrain. His first response was hilariously over the top and his attempts at making video games look like the epitome of art is even funnier.

Now if only I cared about the Fatal Frame series, I might actually care and throw a tantrum on a message board raving about how Nintendo of America is a facist organization and Reggie Fils-Aime is the seond coming up Hitler.

and people wonder why video games aren't taken seriously.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
and people wonder why video games aren't taken seriously.

Uh, that's really got nothing to do with this. No one's throwing a tantrum; Nintendo is making a very thinly-veiled attempt at phasing out anything and everything that won't net them infinity dollars. They then justify it by saying that you don't care. And they continue to get away with it since they're Nintendo, and everything they say and do is right.

You can exaggerate anti-Nintendo claims to make them look stupid, but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of them are legitimate complaints.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
Edited the first post; sorry, Europeans, but you're not getting the Disaster: DoC treatment this time.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:38:40 PM »
It is pretty dumb. I am going to be pretty mad if Fragile somehow doesn't make it over here. At least it isn't published by Nintendo...
Speaking of games that are though, Soma Bringer never made it to America either.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 02:29:36 PM »
Uh, that's really got nothing to do with this. No one's throwing a tantrum

Read the comments in the GoNintendo article. You can't tell me throwing around slurs, threatning to mod your Wii console, and making dick jokes isn't throwing a tantrum.

I understand lots of people are upset about this, but that's no reason to act like a child. It only shows just how immature some fans are. The fact that the guy in the comments named Fatal Frame Fanboy is taking this calmly compared to about 70% of those readers proves this.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 02:44:22 PM »
I don't even know anything about the Fatal Frame series and don't have a Wii, so I don't particularly care about this game not making it over here. Chupperson brings up a good point, though; Soma Bringer is a really good Diablo clone that should've come to the US.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?p=78570

Well, this only confuses things...

Print