Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163830 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2009, 07:56:38 PM »
Ohh, my mistake, LD.

But yeah, Brawl's online mode is unplayable. I'd imagine though an online mode would be somewhat less holocaust-like in a Super Mario Bros. game since it's not pushing the Wii's power as hard, (or at least not according to Nintendo.)
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2009, 08:07:41 PM »
But with nearly a second delay inbetween when you press a button and when the character reacts in Brawl's wifi is sorta a game breaker.

Pfffffft... try telling that to some people on this forum (read: WarpRattler) and you'll be met with "OH u just suck LOL yourre not a reel gamer if u cant get used 2 teh 1 second button lagz"

Back on topic, however, the subject Forest Guy was mentioning: all my friends have gone to do something.

They've either turned into druggies, went to jail, moved away, went to college, got jobs somewhere else, don't play games at all anymore, they're up their girlfriend's butts, or I hear the classic "durr LOL ninetendo is 4 kiddiez LoL" ....so basically, NSMB Wii is going to be a one player affair for me. Oh, and I broke up with my girlfriend of 3+ years, so there goes playing with her, as well.

LD's "It's a glitch, not a mode" comment made me laugh in agreement.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2009, 08:11:56 PM »
It isn't so much how much the Wii is processing. It's the fault of horrible network programming. Brawl seems to need to wait for everyone's inputs before anything happens and then simultaneously broadcasts that information out. The game is still running in real-time while this happens, though, so even tiny lag from one person will delay all 4 players.

Meanwhile you can play something like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix with godly GGPO netcode with the same person with the same connection and have (seemingly) zero lag.

Bonus fact: Street Fighter IV has significantly worse netcode than SSFIITHDR.

What I'm trying to say here is that the Japanese suck at programming online multi.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2009, 08:18:07 PM »
(read: WarpRattler)
Uh...what? I can't play any games online due to my Internet connection, and don't own a Wii, so why would I argue about the input lag present when playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl online, of all things?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #244 on: October 08, 2009, 08:30:54 PM »
What I'm trying to say here is that the Japanese suck at programming online multi.

The questing being: How in the hell can people get used to the horrible lag, then say "Oh, it's not bad" just because they got good at dealing with something that shouldn't be there to cripple games like that in the first place?

Going from a random match in Brawl to any game on XBOX Live is like going from Goldeneye 007 when you're in a 4 frames-per-second situation caused by the smoke of one too many rockets you shot to jumping straight into a level in Super Mario Galaxy.

Pre-Post Edit: WarpRattler, because I remember you taking a serious jab at me when that Edward guy wanted to play Brawl with me and I told him that "I'd be a lot better in real life" and "it wouldn't be my best performance" due to the game-breaking lag.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #245 on: October 08, 2009, 08:40:08 PM »
I for one would be willing to pay a fee for better Nintendo online. Remember when you first heard about Brawl being online years and years and years ago? It was like the most exciting thing in history.
= = = = = = =

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #246 on: October 08, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »
because I remember you taking a serious jab at me when...I told [EdwardDinero] that "I'd be a lot better in real life" and "it wouldn't be my best performance" due to the game-breaking lag.
You were bragging about your video game skills on the Internet and in such a way that it would be impossible to prove whether or not you were telling the truth. Those were the words of a scrub.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #247 on: October 08, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »
Deku Scrubs fight hard for their dignity. Now's not the time to take jabs at them as well.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #248 on: October 08, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »
When referring to online Brawl,

"I'd be a lot better in real life"

is not something that needs to be proven.

It is an axiom.

« Reply #249 on: October 08, 2009, 08:53:09 PM »
My "make friends" was to all the people higher on this page saying they have no one to play with. You posted while I was posting.

Sorry. I thought you were talking to me.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #250 on: October 08, 2009, 08:54:28 PM »
I came in 3rd at a tournament at my school, which is an accomplishment considering that university is infamous for having a higher population of asian students than white. That was months and months ago though. I tried playing against them yesterday and lost miserably.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #251 on: October 08, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »
Isn't it ironic how younger Asians rule at racing games as if it were second nature, but are the world's worst dri... Never mind.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #252 on: October 08, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »
I'm not some conceited *******, man. I wasn't bragging. I never said I was better nor did I talk crap saying I'd be better than him in any way. I said exactly what I said in the previous post: "I'd be a lot better in real life." That's definitely not "bragging." Maybe if I would've said "I'd be a lot better than you in real life" then sure, that would've been ******bag-ish bragging. I was going for a more "Yeah, Brawl's online component sucks so I'm not gonna be playing as well as I would be (referring to my own skill and my own skill only) if we were playing in a no-lag environment" meaning.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #253 on: October 08, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »
Either way, it was making excuses about why you might not win - and regardless of whether it's online Brawl or offline Street Fighter II, those are the words of a scrub.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2009, 09:21:39 PM »
I dunno, Brawl's online is to the point where one's skill has no factor on who will win, whatsoever. Saying you would do better in Brawl is like being mugged by a man with a gun and then telling him you'd be mugging him if you had your own gun. You can't compare it to the greatness that is Street Fighter II.
= = = = = = =

Print