Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163832 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #255 on: October 08, 2009, 09:22:34 PM »
I wouldn't say it was making excuses. Rather, it was more like a heads-up of how I was gonna be playing with 10 whole minutes of previous Brawl lag experience.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »

A leaked scan featuring new artwork for all 8 Koopalings (check out Jr.'s awesome ride) and what appears to be the opening cutscene featuring delicious cake.

Also, those levels look huge. All my doubts about this game have suddenly disappeared.

Source: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=25852
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 02:03:20 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »
Broken link is broken.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »
YESH.  Although I'm less than pleased with the palette they gave Ice Mario,  I guess they wanted to keep him and Ice Luigi distinct.  Does this mean the death of the Penguin Suit, or is it a Super Leaf/Tanooki Suit case?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »
Another concern these screenshots address is the screen-size issue: I for one am pleased to see that the view is fairly "zoomed-out" to accomodate four-player action.

In before ShadowBrain says something sexual regarding those last few words.

Oh, and THANK FREAKING HEAVENS for the apparent abolition of the Penguin suit.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
Does anyone else thinks Iggy looks... very different? I mean, he does have the glasses still but he looks like he's been pumping iron!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2009, 03:00:27 PM »
I doubt the Penguin suit is gone, its most likely an in-level power-up in the vein of the SMB3 power-ups.

Too bad Ice Mario looks far less cooler than he did in Galaxy. I guess making a crystalized palatte swap for 4 people would be too much of a bother so they just copied Fire Mario's look and made the white a bit bluer than before.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »
I don't even see Ice Mario at all. I'd assume he's in the Ice stages but I don't see it.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »
I hate to pull a Chup/Trouble Being on you, but

far less cooler

Anyways, I'm actually more partial to NSMBW's Ice Mario, mainly because he looks more like the definitive parallel to Fire Mario.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
Its Reverse Mario!

« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:22 AM »
Ice Mario is also already Mario's blue costume in the Smash Bros series, give or take a slight change in the blue... foreshadowing or just coincidence?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2009, 06:22:05 AM »
Everything on that scan just increases this game's awesomeness significantly.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2009, 12:46:51 PM »
The redesigned Iggy reminds me of an old idea I had when I was imagining the Koopa Kids' big return in my dream Mario game.  I imagined that all the Koopalings would return as fully-grown adults, each with his or her own respective careers.  Larry would be a rock star, Morton a fast food chef, Wendy a candy maker, Iggy a psychologist (who would hypnotize the Mario Bros. to mess up their controls), Roy as a professional wrestler, Lemmy as a ringmaster, and Ludwig as a mad scientist.  Guess that kind of came true.

Print