Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163866 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2009, 11:20:07 PM »
I really hope Gamestop isn't selling it for $59.99

If so, say hi to Best Buy.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2009, 04:59:12 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »
wandering enemies who will trigger special fights, and canons
To all of you who think Mario games have no canon. *shot*

Unlimited items in reserve, map only?  Item houses that involve an 18-item matching game?  Getting a serious SMB3 vibe here.  Thirty more days...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
It'd be cool if you could select one item from your stock to put in an in-level inventory to use at will. 

I say this because I hated getting a Starman in SMB3 and finding that, more often than not, it was useless because of the layout of the beginning of the level I selected it for (since it would activate as soon as the level started).  This could make the Mega Mushroom pretty useless, assuming that powerup will even return.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
I like how Nintendo Power is basically saying the two Toads are stupid additions.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »
Yes we get it. Having two Toads instead of established characters like Peach and Wario (and for some reason, Waluigi) is a total waste. But the game's far past that stage where it could be changed so we're stuck with them now.

Deal with it and just be glad we're finally getting another good Mario platformer for the holiday season.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2009, 07:54:09 PM »
Actually, I don't care.

I was just pointing out that Nintendo of America's official magazine is putting that simple fact down.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2009, 02:24:51 AM »
Oh, and THANK FREAKING HEAVENS for the apparent abolition of the Penguin suit.
Oh, come on, stop acting like this is the first time Mario has worn a comical animal suit.

It's still in, by the way -- and I for one would have been supremely ashamed of Nintendo had they caved to the insecure cries of "Mario can't dress up as a cute funny animal! THAT'S GAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!"
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2009, 08:03:27 AM »
I do not recall Peach and Toad ever wearing the Frog suit, and I own the DVD set!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2009, 08:20:39 AM »
Which series?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2009, 09:06:26 AM »
The screen shot CrossEyed posted is from the The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 episode  "The Ugly Mermaid."

On topic, I noticed the Red or Blue Yoshis haven't been seen since the box art surfaced.  I wonder if they replaced them with the Pink and Light Blue Yoshis?

« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2009, 11:29:24 AM »
On topic, I noticed the Red or Blue Yoshis haven't been seen since the box art surfaced.  I wonder if they replaced them with the Pink and Light Blue Yoshis?

That would horribly screw up the sense of the game, but if you think about it, COULD make sense. First of all, Pink and Light Blue (and some more) colored Yoshis were the only ones found on Isle Delfino, which is NOT in the Mushroom Kingdom, however, it can be debated if Dinosaur Island, where Yoshi first debuted (SMW for those who don't know), was really in the Mushroom Kingdom either. If not, then this would make sense...plus, to further confuse us, notice how the only instance of a Yoshi in the Mushroom Kingdom, in SM64 was a single Yoshi. Rather, the Yoshi. Notice how there is supposedly a single Yoshi in SMW too, but Mario sometimes uses his friends. That/those Yoshis have some sense of intelligence and can talk. Same with Yoshi in SM64. However, the Isle Delfino Yoshis are unable to talk, and never do. So basically, it sort of makes sense to use Pink and Light Blue Yoshis, but that'll screw everything up if they have some sort of intelligence.

« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2009, 08:45:01 AM »
I do not recall Peach and Toad ever wearing the Frog suit, and I own the DVD set!

You're joking. At least one case I can think of is the Ugly Little Mermaid epsiode. They visit TMK's equivalent to Atlantis and have to wear Frog Suits to get there..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »
Eh, I don't necessarily mind the Ice Flower color scheme; however, like I mentioned before, I think a white shirt/hat and icy blue/light blue overalls combo would've worked nicely.

I'm sure they went with the scheme they did because I imagine kids would be like "HURR LOL WITE SHIRT AND HAT 4 FIER AND WITE SHIRT AND HAT 4 TEH ICE! LOL CANT TEL TEH DIFFERNCE!"
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »
Eh, I don't necessarily mind the Ice Flower color scheme; however, like I mentioned before, I think a white shirt/hat and icy blue/light blue overalls combo would've worked nicely.

I'm sure they went with the scheme they did because I imagine kids would be like "HURR LOL WITE SHIRT AND HAT 4 FIER AND WITE SHIRT AND HAT 4 TEH ICE! LOL CANT TEL TEH DIFFERNCE!"

Seriously, they should have just took the Ice Mario from SMG and called it a day. Why waste your time for a lesser and lazy looking result.

Print