Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163839 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »
Seriously, they should have just took the Ice Mario from SMG and called it a day. Why waste your time for a lesser and lazy looking result.

I'm guessing they changed it because of the two Toads.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »
It's amazing how every qualm we have about this game can be justifiably blamed on the Toads.

Fun fact: They also started WWII and broke up the Beatles.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »
Let's go with that.

Everything is the Toads' fault.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
Seriously, they should have just took the Ice Mario from SMG and called it a day. Why waste your time for a lesser and lazy looking result.

Taking the Ice Mario from Super Mario Galaxy would still be a lazy looking result. I always thought that the Ice Flower should've gave Mario different colored overalls just like the Fire Flower, so I didn't really fancy Mario's costume with the Ice Flower in Super Mario Galaxy. I have to agree with Trainman, though. I would prefer it if Nintendo changed the color scheme to a white cap and shirt and icy blue overalls combo.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
Taking the Ice Mario from Super Mario Galaxy would still be a lazy looking result. I always thought that the Ice Flower should've gave Mario different colored overalls just like the Fire Flower, so I didn't really fancy Mario's costume with the Ice Flower in Super Mario Galaxy. I have to agree with Trainman, though. I would prefer it if Nintendo changed the color scheme to a white cap and shirt and icy blue overalls combo.

I thought so as well, but then there's no distinction between Mario and Luigi.  And then the Toads mess it up further...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
:(

Haha, nah, you are the Toad. These yellow and blue Toads are phonies and are trying to give you a bad name!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2009, 10:37:02 AM »
It's amazing how every qualm we have about this game can be justifiably blamed on the Toads.

The Penguin and Propeller Suit making whoever wears it looks like the Great Gazoo.

ITS THE TOADS FAULT!!!!SHIFT1
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »
Yeah, why can't Mario's power-ups look all dignified and grownup and serious business like they used to?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »
Haha, nah, you are the Toad. These yellow and blue Toads are phonies and are trying to give you a bad name!

Maybe they have to rescue me! Maybe I've been kidnapped, hidden away in some later level, and after being saved, can become playable. Just as those two retainers are.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »
Maybe they have to rescue me! Maybe I've been kidnapped, hidden away in some later level, and after being saved, can become playable. Just as those two retainers are.

Holy crap, that would be an awesome thing. The Toad as an unlockable character would be awesome.... and maybe some other characters, as well.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »
A certain someone needs to clear his lungs from the pollution his factory causes ;)

« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »

According to the Gametrailers preview, the original Toad is still in the castle, and he launches random power-ups into the level.

Guess he's too good to be rescuing a princess right?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2009, 04:28:29 PM »
I wish we got some backstory as to who these Toads exactly are. Are they civilians or Peach's aides? Or are they just Mario fanboys who feel they should help out their heroes?

« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2009, 06:08:19 PM »
According to the Gametrailers preview, the original Toad is still in the castle, and he launches random power-ups into the level.

Guess he's too good to be rescuing a princess right?

Which preview? I guess I haven't seen it yet..

Nah, he's not too good. Someone had to launch random power-ups into a level. Seeing as the others are kidnapped or already helping out..

Print