Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163855 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #345 on: October 28, 2009, 06:54:51 PM »
Is there any playable characters other than Mario, Luigi and the two Toads? I was kind of hoping for a wide variety.
No.

And Wario continues polluting the O-Zone layer.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #346 on: October 28, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #347 on: October 28, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »
Who are those guys?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #348 on: October 28, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »
Miya-HEEE, Miya-HOOO, Miya-HAAA, Miya-HAHA!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2009, 10:25:46 PM »
Miya-MOTO!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #352 on: October 28, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
Miya-MOTO!

Isn't it pronounced "Mee-a-mo-to?"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #353 on: October 29, 2009, 12:20:04 AM »
Yes.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #354 on: October 29, 2009, 12:58:13 AM »
The correct pronunciation, in fact, is "use Gain."

Back on topic:
Wario wouldn't really be good as a playable character in a standard Mario platformer such as this one, because his platforming style is a lot different from that of the Mario brothers.
The Wii is still seen as more of a "party" system by nongamers, so it's a lot more suited to local play.
Why are people so concerned about "the" Toad, "the" Kamek, and "the" everything else? Whether or not it's some specific character or the drone version has no bearing on whether or not the game is good if they act the exact same way.

« Reply #355 on: October 29, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
YES! EXACTLY!

« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2009, 04:36:54 PM »
Why are people so concerned about "the" Toad, "the" Kamek, and "the" everything else?

Indeed. 

I could see Wi-Fi being fun and all, but I don't see why it's necessary for a freakin' MARIO PLATFORMER of all things, regardless of whether or not it's a "party system" intended for "casual gamers", blah blah blah.

For crying out loud, ENJOY the first new console 2-D Mario platformer in 10+ years without punching holes all in it.

This being said, I do wish Yoshi could be taken into other levels...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »
Word on the street is that Yoshi cannot move from one level to another.  I understand why some Yoshi fans would be upset at this, but it sounds like a good move to me.  In Super Mario World, it's too easy to just get a blue Yoshi, grab a shell, and fly over all the obstacles.  When playing on the Virtual Console, I actually tried to force myself to play without Yoshi at times and found the game more challenging/interesting.  It's like the Donkey Kong Country games--the helpers are there for you to use their abilities to reach some secrets, but you can only use them within the confines of a level to prevent you from abusing their powers.  Well, that's how I feel about it, at least.

« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »
Any word on if there are plenty of Yoshi stages? Or is it a Kuribo's Shoe sort of dilemma?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2009, 06:33:37 AM »
I would assume a regularity akin to that of SMW. No way they would make such a big deal out of these guys and have them only show up in two levels.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print