Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163860 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #375 on: November 02, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »
The Frog suit was the only suit you couldn't find in a Giant Block. You could find the Tanooki and Hammer Suit in both Giant Blocks and Toad Houses. I wouldn't say the Frog Suit is "right in the middle."
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #376 on: November 02, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »
I know I ran into the Frog suit a lot more than I ran into any giant blocks.

In fact, I remember only obtaining the Hammer suit once in the entirety of my playthrough.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #377 on: November 02, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »
Yeah, there were definitely more frog suits than hammer suits rolling around in SMB3.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #378 on: November 02, 2009, 11:26:15 AM »
The Frog suit was the only suit you couldn't find in a Giant Block. You could find the Tanooki and Hammer Suit in both Giant Blocks and Toad Houses. I wouldn't say the Frog Suit is "right in the middle."

To add on to Turtle Kid and Chupperson's statement, Frog Suits were littered in Toad Houses in World 3, obviously because they would be more applicable to the world you were in (and Nintendo probably wanted you to try all the suits out at least once within the first couple playthroughs of the game). After World 3, you don't see as many, but you definitely still see way more than Tanooki & Hammer Bro Suits.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2009, 12:11:22 PM »
The Frog Suit only appears in the secret Toad House in Desert Hill and all the Toad Houses in Sea Side (with all but the first one placed randomly in boxes).

The Hammer Suit appears in the Toad House above Course 5 in Iced Land and the first Toad House before the first Fortress (in All-Stars only). It also appears in various Toad Houses in Pipe Maze and in Course 8 (appearing as the cancelled "Toad Suit.")

The Tanooki Suit appears in all of the Toad Houses in the Sky, the secret Toad House in Big Island, and various Toad Houses in Pipe Maze. Also appears in Giant Blocks (including one in Course 5 in Big Island where you can mix it with the P-Wing).

So yeah, in order from most common to least it goes Tanooki-Hammer-Frog suit.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »
All three suits were found in one, and only one, house in Pipe Maze, and the Frog Suit is in a giant ? block in 3-9. The Hammer Suit was found in 3 houses and 2 ? blocks, and the Frog Suit in at least 6 houses (4+ of which were in world 3) and 1 block. Tanooki>Frog>Hammer Suit.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #381 on: November 02, 2009, 07:56:24 PM »
Spoiler - Existence of a hidden world proven.

EDIT: So sorry if I spoiled it for you, for me, it was just exciting, and it just further enhanced the SMW vibe.

EDIT II: Aggh, didn't notice the double post until now, but you have to admit this is pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:17:54 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #382 on: November 02, 2009, 08:02:51 PM »
"Free-for-All" was selected, so I kept staring at that and wondering how that constituted a secret world. And then it hit me...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #383 on: November 02, 2009, 08:19:31 PM »
Same. When I saw it, I shat bricks.

Any guesses as to what accomplishments the five stars signify?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #384 on: November 02, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
Isn't that a bit spoiler-ish?
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #385 on: November 02, 2009, 08:28:56 PM »
No more than it's a spoiler to say something bad happens to a major character at the end of HPatHBP.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #386 on: November 02, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »

« Reply #387 on: November 02, 2009, 11:11:39 PM »
Where?
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/NES/SuperMarioBros3-World3-Area9.png

Well hidden, no?  Travelling left in a Mario platformer?  I've known about it for some time, though I can't say I've ever bothered to go there, as I'm usually more concerned about getting 99 lives from the Bullet Bill cannons.

Any guesses as to what accomplishments the five stars signify?

Hmm, I didn't even think of that.  Maybe extras for completing the game with multiple players or such.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:19:23 PM by jdaster64 »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #388 on: November 02, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »
Yeah, who DOES go left when you clearly know the exit is the other way?

Really weird if you think about it, the Frog Suit is almost useless in the very next level, and its a real Challenge to beat Wendy with it still on.

« Reply #389 on: November 03, 2009, 05:32:34 AM »
"Oh me, oh my! You've been transformed!

Would you like me to change you back
with this wand?
"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print