Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163863 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2009, 04:37:59 AM »
Uuuuugh, ten more days until the game is here. Hurry up, already.

I oughta go pre-order it first thing tomorrow before Nintendo sells out since half the known universe is probably wanting (read: killing someone) to be able to pre-order it right now.

You remember what happened when the PS3 came out... whew, don't wanna revisit that with NSMB Wii's debut.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #391 on: November 05, 2009, 11:35:08 AM »
Haha wow, I keep forgetting it's that close already.
That was a joke.

« Reply #392 on: November 06, 2009, 01:22:37 AM »
YES! New videos and pics on the official site!
http://mariobroswii.com/

Granted, if you're cross-referencing four different forums' NSMBWii topics on a semi-frequent basis, there's probably not much in the way of new revelations, but it's all 50% cooler with actual images, right?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #393 on: November 06, 2009, 05:51:31 AM »
Yeah, I've been checking it out a bit. Starman theme is awesome. The various SMW sound effects are awesome. 60FPS is awesome. Everything is awesome.

I really thought Nintendo was gonna slap together a NSMB DS "1.5" kind of thing (because people would eat it up anyway), but they really went wild with this one and I'm happy that they haven't forgotten about us (non-soccer moms).

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #394 on: November 06, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »
this is going to be great! A friend of mine has already plaied (and completed) it and he told me it is just EPIC!!

In the UE it will be sold the 20th November...I have more time to wait, but less then the normal! XD
I already have put the money in separated wallet to buy this game at the day1!! ;p

It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2009, 11:15:34 PM »
Oddly enough, the game is being released in Australia tomorrow (or today, whatever it is down there), before anywhere else. Isn't Nintendo aware that Australia's populace is composed of nomadic Aboriginals and a handful of exiled, shack-dwelling British convicts?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2009, 08:06:34 AM »
I swear they just throw a dart at a board to decide where to release stuff first.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #397 on: November 11, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
I've noticed that quite a few games lately have been releasing in Australia (or at least not in America) first including Modern Warfare 2, Forza 3, and now NSMB Wii. Everyone's gonna beat NSMB Wii twice by the time we get our hands on it.

« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2009, 11:40:20 AM »
I swear they just throw a dart at a board to decide where to release stuff first.

Or they play Mario Party 4's Darts of Doom, and the winner gets to pick.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »
I've noticed that quite a few games lately have been releasing in Australia (or at least not in America) first including Modern Warfare 2, Forza 3, and now NSMB Wii. Everyone's gonna beat NSMB Wii twice by the time we get our hands on it.

Yeah, America and Japan no longer have the first release priority due to the economic atmosphere and (especially in Japan) the tough market to penetrate. Europeans have been receiving a number of Nintendo related games before us for a few years now.

Also, judging by the reviews and reflections on this game, it seems doubtful the majority of players will even complete the game once before we get a chance to play.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2009, 07:19:48 PM »
Well, Mr. Wiggles, that was not to be taken seriously. But, honestly, if you look at it, IGN quotes the game to be about 4-5 hours long, if you bomb through and don't get any star coins. I say tack on about about 3 mores hours to get everything. That's assuming you're playing by yourself. It guess it all really depends on how people want to pace themselves.

Anyway, I noticed that in one video Mario's hat is missing... wonder what that means? It's cool, but I'm curious as to what that's all about.

Wow, 400th reply to this thread!

« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2009, 08:19:09 PM »
Mega-spoilers - Rips from the game, including all the level icons.

Oh, and I believe the hat missing thing is unlocked only when you currently have 99 lives, IIRC, so if you reach 99, you lose the hat, but if you lose a life, it comes back.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »
Anyway, I noticed that in one video Mario's hat is missing... wonder what that means? It's cool, but I'm curious as to what that's all about.
If you max out on lives, your hat disappears.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »
Dang, how soon before I made that edit did you post that?  Must have been less than five seconds...

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #404 on: November 12, 2009, 10:23:29 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print