Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 165681 times)

« Reply #510 on: December 01, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »
Not even Luigi?
Nope.

By the way...I know that rescuing Toad in a level triggers the fireworks and new Toad house, but I could've sworn I also triggered it during single player mode in a level without Toad.  Do we know of any other ways to trigger the fireworks in single player?

« Reply #511 on: December 01, 2009, 01:26:33 PM »
Finishing a level with 11 or 22 at the end gives you a 1-up Mushroom House, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, and 88 give you a regular Mushroom House, and 99 gives you a Star Mushroom House, even if Toad's not in the level.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #512 on: December 01, 2009, 01:35:21 PM »
Finishing a level with 11 or 22 at the end gives you a 1-up Mushroom House, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, and 88 give you a regular Mushroom House, and 99 gives you a Star Mushroom House, even if Toad's not in the level.

No, it doesn't. That only applies when you have more than one person playing.

Fawful, I could've sworn that I triggered it only one time during the whole game without Toad. I have no idea how I may have done that, but I wish the multiples-of-11 thing (just for the SMB fanfare) worked in single player.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #513 on: December 01, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
I've gotten too annoyed with the Toads to rescue them. I want to move on.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #514 on: December 01, 2009, 07:51:12 PM »
But you know, I don't play competitive Smash Bros. and I don't know what a wavedash is, so any gameplay faults go over my head. Is the game slower than Melee? Maybe, I don't know, but it's still difficult enough as-is at times. I do get the feeling it's not as awesome as I thought it would be, but that's likely because Melee already exploded expectations and that this was more of the same - a game that explodes expectations, yet it wasn't as much of a leap over Melee as Melee was over the original.
Yeah, I suppose I'm one to talk, but I think the majority of the Brawl-bashers were the direhard Melee-ers that actually care about that stuff. Personally, I think there were some dumb character additions and a few stages were lacking, but overall, I wasn't disappointed.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #515 on: December 03, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »
So I heard from a less than reliable source that you get platinum save file stars for not dying once.  Any truth to this?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #516 on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »
Of course! However, one must first raise two Magikarp to level 100 in the Day Care, causing them to produce an egg, which, after being carried for exactly 300069 steps, will hatch into an inter-console device which will make said platinum stars obtainable in NSMBWii.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #517 on: December 03, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »
Ugh, this profile star crap is turning into the NSMB Wii version of Super-Mario-64-unlock-Luigi-by-doing-this-set-of-random-things-that-Nintendo-nor-the-strategy-guide-even-slightly-hints-at-and/or-blatantly-says-does-not-exist cheat.

« Reply #518 on: December 03, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »
Ugh, this profile star crap is turning into the NSMB Wii version of Super-Mario-64-unlock-Luigi-by-doing-this-set-of-random-things-that-Nintendo-nor-the-strategy-guide-even-slightly-hints-at-and/or-blatantly-says-does-not-exist cheat.

How undeniably true.  If you really want to be guaranteed five stars, beat the game with two or more players and the Super Guide won't appear, simple as that.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #519 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:33 PM »
Wouldn't entering a different level reset the amount of times you can die before the Super Guide appears?  Like, if you've died nearly enough times in 1-2 to unlock the Super Guide, couldn't you go back into 1-1 to reset the death count in 1-2?  Or did Nintendo think of that, too?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #520 on: December 03, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »
See, that's what I thought.

I was at W5-3 (I believe. It's whichever one has the floating log on the purple stuff on the map screen) and died a couple times or whatever, then I went W5-5 to get a star coin. I came back to W5-3 to see if I could blast through the level. I ended up dying 5 times (I get tripped out and start counting how many times I've died) and the Super Guide appeared... sooo....

« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »
Oh really!? That means I am a super player! My five gold stars all sparkle, and I was sure I was going to make the Super Guide appear in.. several levels. I too thought that going back to another level would reset the death counter, but I guess that's not the case..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2009, 10:21:03 PM »
Man, this might pose a problem.  I see an increasing need to convince my sister to play this with me.

« Reply #523 on: December 03, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »
I wonder if the Super Guide can still appear and dull your profile stars after you've beaten the game... At any rate, I plan on deliberately throwing Toad off the nearest cliff next time he's stranded in a block out of sheer jealousy for the aformentioned fungus' skills.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #524 on: December 03, 2009, 11:09:41 PM »
I wonder if the Super Guide can still appear and dull your profile stars after you've beaten the game...

Yes, it does. I've explained that three or four times now.... and like 3 posts before yours.

Print