Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 164754 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »
Oh, crap, I think some of those pictures might've turned me on...

Alt. post: I've heard Mario say "so long-ay, Bowser", but never before has a Bowser made me so long.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2009, 04:51:16 PM »
Ew, ew EW!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »
No, but I can replace the puckering Zangief with a less ugly image.

Less ugly? Bring it back, it was funny. If only this had been YLYL..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2009, 11:01:45 AM »
I love NSMB for the DS, and cannot wait for the new one on the Wii. Here's what I want to see happen, leave EVERYTHING the way it was, but remake all five original Super Mario Bros games, (Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3, Lost Levels and World) in the new graphics and physics. and maybe even Super Mario Land 1 and 2, because I know alot of people who missed out on those games, and it's a real shame.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »
If those got remade, I'd like well-polished 2D ala modern side-scrollers. None of those pseudo-3D blobs from NSMB.

« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »
If those got remade, I'd like well-polished 2D ala modern side-scrollers. None of those pseudo-3D blobs from NSMB.
This.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2009, 04:22:30 PM »
I'd rather see Super Mario Bros. 3 - 2!

Hey, Final Fantasy did it.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2009, 04:35:40 PM »
It's hardly an ideal example though.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
Are you implying that Final Fantasy X-2 is bad? Or the idea of naming games like that?

« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2009, 05:04:17 PM »
X-2 was bad. It was a sequel to the worst FF game, imo. They could have picked a different one to make a sequel for, like FFVI.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2009, 05:24:34 PM »
I believe I said what I meant. Some people like X-2 but it is by most accounts not very good, and thus not a prime example of what to do when making a sequel to a game like that. However, A "Super Mario Bros. 3 2" has already been done. It's called Super Mario World (they referred to it as Super Mario Bros. 4 on some stuff in Japan). Furthermore, Final Fantasy games aren't related to one another, whereas all the Mario games are.
FFX isn't bad from what I've played, although definitely not the best.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »
How is it that no-one's brought up Super Mario Galaxy 2 yet?

« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
Everyone seems to have forgotten about it since no new info has popped up since its E3 debut.

I'd also love to see some true 2D Mario games, but I also don't mind them using 3D models to save time. It just seems unfortunate that 2D games are now reduced to digital distribution or handheld games. Then again, NIS and Atlus seem to be doing fine releasing 2D RPGs on Sony systems, and games like the Boy and His Blob remake as well as Muramasa give hope that console 2D games aren't completely dead yet.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »
The 2D gaming market for consoles really only looks this dead in the US. In Japan, even the 360 gets 2D games (lol, 360 getting games in Japan).

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:28 PM »
There is Project Needlemouse.

And Mega Man 9 seemed to sell well.

Print