Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 164751 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #540 on: December 17, 2009, 11:54:29 AM »
No. Everyone is one block high when regular and two blocks high when super. They could have done it as easily as including anyone else.
That was a joke.

« Reply #541 on: December 17, 2009, 01:16:38 PM »
Are you saying they should have made Mario and Peach equally tall?

That looks hella whack yo.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #542 on: December 17, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
Have you ever played Super Mario Bros. 2?

Furthermore, Mario and Peach are always roughly the same height when Mario is super (and Peach's size is presumably super by default if you go along with SMB2 sizes).
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #543 on: December 17, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »
Have you ever played Super Mario Bros. 2?

Furthermore, Mario and Peach are always roughly the same height when Mario is super (and Peach's size is presumably super by default if you go along with SMB2 sizes).

This.

(Any word on the rip, Chupperson? I'm not in a rush or anything. Just curious.)
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #544 on: December 17, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »
[the attached comic]
You just know that's totally what would happen if they did animate skirts. And if not here, then in Australia. *dodges Kuribo's Shoe*

We're just a tad too sensitive about the material that goes into videogames. But on the other hand, in hindsight I question some of the things that have been in earlier Nintendo games, like Heike Kagegaro (however you spell that) from Super Punch-Out. Would it have killed them to give that guy a shirt like Hoy Quarlow or Narcis Prince...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 11:28:16 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #545 on: December 18, 2009, 02:41:12 AM »
I'll try to convert the file tomorrow. Been really busy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #546 on: December 18, 2009, 03:31:09 AM »
It didn't stop them from having Zelda escape from Ganon's crumbling tower in Ocarina of Time..

It didn't stop them from Peach running all over the castle in Paper Mario or being a party member in Super Paper Mario

It didn't stop them from making Peach playable in the Mario Party series, Mario Kart series (Double Dash in particular)

It didn't stop them from putting Peach and Zelda into the SSB series.

How can't they animate a skirt, again?
That spoiler tag is USELESS, because there is no context to allow someone to tell if it's something they want spoiled or not.

I'm going to start pointing these out because it happens way too often.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #547 on: December 18, 2009, 07:43:30 AM »
And as if that's actually a spoiler anymore.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #548 on: December 18, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »
I've still never beaten the Forest Temple, so yeah. But I was never going to finish the game anyway because of the [darn] 1-heart beep noise. OoT's is even worse than LttP's, if such a thing is possible.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #549 on: December 18, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »
Which begs the question why you were at 1 heart all the time...
That was a joke.

« Reply #550 on: December 18, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
Just break open some pots until you get another heart. Or learn how to be a better Zelda player (it's not that hard. Zelda Ocarina of Time is the only Zelda game I've ever completed). Or just mute the TV when you're at one heart.
You didn't say wot wot.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #551 on: December 18, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »
I have no shame at all in admitting that I suck at pre-WW Zeldas (WW and PH are the only ones I've ever beaten), and have little to no intention of ever improving my skills at them. Except MM.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 06:57:46 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #552 on: December 18, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »
Interesting because WW and PH are the two that I got bored with and never completed. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #553 on: December 18, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »
How about a Mario game that looks like this?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #554 on: December 18, 2009, 09:42:19 PM »
That's like Yoshi's Island evolved to the next level, or made by Vanillaware. I would totally play that.
That was a joke.

Print