Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 164750 times)

« Reply #585 on: January 03, 2010, 11:02:15 PM »
Why must people always couch their actually funny jokes in a non-funny theoretical framework? It drives me nuts; just go for it!

(I don't care that you're not female. That makes it even better.)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #586 on: January 04, 2010, 02:42:44 AM »
I was the 12,000th view on this topic? Holy crap.

Back to the topic: Need torrent.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #587 on: January 05, 2010, 07:06:47 PM »
Apparently it's so awesome that it completely removed that thing called a period on your keyboard.
sorry bout that. I am really bad at things like spelling and punctuation. I will try better in the future.   

« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2010, 01:15:03 AM »
I've been doing some thinking, and New SMBW makes me think of Donkey Kong 94 (released on the Gameboy in 1994, for the uninformed). In DK94, they took the story from the arcade Donkey Kong and then gave Mario new moves (backflip, triple jump), put in more levels (after the first four,anyway) and added also some puzzle elements (carrying a key to the door, being able to place ladders and floors, etc..)

I'd been trying to place what this game made me think of whenever I start playing, and I think it's that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2010, 03:10:46 AM »
Miyamoto's insane.

That's pretty clear judging by the games he's directed.

I wouldn't want it any other way.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #590 on: February 24, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »
My friend got this game for Christmas.  It is awesome.  That is all.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #591 on: March 18, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »
I actually found a difference with starman and the rainbow star other then just trying to keep the confusion of power stars out. Rainbow stars also give you super speed. Every other game with the rainbow star you can notice your speed double. That's something about that power-up. And about the ice flower power-up design, that was perfect in my opinion. The penguin suit isn't that bad, plus it gives the game a slight SMB3 feel. (well it adds it anyways, the game is basically SMB3 2) The propeller suit... uh, no comment.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #592 on: March 19, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »
Starmen also make you faster.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #593 on: March 19, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »
Starmen also make you faster.
True this, as shown in both NSMB games.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #594 on: March 19, 2010, 06:49:20 PM »
The starman in NSMB is a rainbow star, it makes you have that rainbow effect. I call it rainbow Mario. Sonic wishes he was that fast.

« Reply #595 on: March 19, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #596 on: March 19, 2010, 07:03:43 PM »
This thread is now officially broken.
Formerly quite reasonable.

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #597 on: March 19, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »
I was going to put how overused that joke was, but I backspaced out of it cause I thought surly it was too easy of a joke to make to be posted.
WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #598 on: March 19, 2010, 09:33:52 PM »

This is quite possibly the worst homo-depiction of any kind of Media star I have ever seen.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #599 on: March 20, 2010, 06:56:15 AM »
Here I was, thinking the Wii Freezing Issues thread was an isolated incident.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print