Print

Author Topic: Obligatory Zelda Topic  (Read 18705 times)

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« on: September 17, 2009, 04:09:01 PM »
Uh...discuss your favorite Zelda game, favorite weapon/item, dungeons, least favorite dungeons, basically anything Legend of Zelda related that isn't crappy fan art/fiction.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 04:34:44 PM »
Do we need an obligatory thread?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 04:35:37 PM »
It's obligatory.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »
Well excuoooooooooose me.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 05:16:54 PM »
[/thread]
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »
Me and my friend would pretend the hookshot in a Link to the Past was Link's giant mechanical wiener.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »
Is there a fourth Triforce?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 06:19:57 PM »
It's not called the quadriforce, that's for sure.

Also, Spirit Tracks boxart. I'm not that interested in the game, but anyone who calls it "Phantom Choo-Choo" deserves a kick to the groin.

Oh, and this:

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 06:46:05 PM »
It's not called the quadriforce, that's for sure.

But it is called the Triforce.

This tri is to throw you off.
every

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 10:07:24 PM »
What did Zelda say to Link when he couldn't open the door?

Try Force
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
I DON'T GET IT

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 12:52:06 AM »
Hey, excuoooooooose me.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »
What did Zelda say to Link when he couldn't open the door?

Try Force

You heard that from AVGN's Nintendo Power episode, didn't you?
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 07:08:01 AM »
I own the Nintendo Power that I think that was first published in.

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »
I also owned that Nintendo Power issue long ago. To this day I keep wishing I subscribed earlier on and kept the old issues, because the old issues were when Nintendo was at its best and actually seemed to care about its audience. My favorite part of the AVGN review was when he was trying to get the posters out, because I had the same problems he did. Never could get a poster out without ripping it. As for that one ad that he stapled shut to avoid seeing it again, I looked at that particular issue and found it was the "jar of filthy toenails" ad he showed a moment earlier. But I know what he means. Maybe they were trying to be edgy or different. But I sure like that Rayman ad "Ray: The Game", showing a fat slob named Ray in a karate pose. And a mimic of the Rayman box art where Ray's running away from an exploding couch.

Tried NES Zelda but couldn't get into it because it was too hard for me and the world was too open, didn't know where to go. Decided to give Ocarina of Time a try because everybody was giving it 11/10 ratings and I was getting tired of Turok 2. I thought maybe they did something different with this one that would make me enjoy it. Oh did they ever. But now it's one of those "yeah, it's great, but I don't feel like ever going back to it" kinds of games.

I remember young Ruto. Zora's Domain was my favorite place as Young Link due to how peaceful it was. Forest Temple was my favorite area in the game, although it was also an area I was stuck forever in with creepy music... but now I see it as creepy awesome music. Hated the Fire and Water Temples for being too confusing. I thought Bongo Bongo was a cheap boss because I couldn't fire off an arrow quickly enough before he bounced the drum. The Bunny Slippers rock. Minuet of Forest rocks. As for the Great Fairies... shudder... they need to wear more clothing and they need a serious face makeover.

And it took me ages to get Epona. I know, seems like one of the first things you'd do given the chance, since I imagine everyone says riding Epona is awesome. Well, you don't need Epona to finish the game. You can get to Lake Hylia without her by just walking near the gate, going around one of the walls, and climbing the ladder there. I wondered how I kept missing that ladder since it's in plain sight. You'd think I'd get Epona since Link's riding her in the intro. Well, no. Thankfully in Majora's Mask I can ride a mini-Epona (I hope I didn't imagine that) and then ride the real deal in Twilight Princess.

Majora's Mask was decent but way too hard for me, never got past the Great Bay Temple. What I remember most from that game is the beaver race and making small movements to get better times. Termina Field tune was pretty good. But other than that, meh. Didn't even care much for Deku Link. At least Tatl wasn't as annoying as Navi... but Tatl tried its hardest by throwing sarcastic insults at you whenever you faced an enemy from an earlier game, berating you for not knowing how to deal with the enemy by now.

Wind Waker was okay but not great. I'll never get used to the cel-shaded Young Link, his face looks ugly. If there's one thing I hated more than sailing across an endless ocean to find treasure, it was sailing across an endless ocean to find pieces of the Triforce. None of the characters were memorable, except... oh man, except for that goofy guy selling stuff in the boat. Buy enough stuff and you'll get a customer appreciation gift! What a joke. Let's just say the VG Cats comic is completely true. I suppose the game did a good job with the cel-shaded effect, but I've seen better cel-shade use from Viewtiful Joe. I'll never forget when one friend of mine said "it looks like NES graphics". The NES could never pull off the colors or visual style of this.

I just flat out couldn't get into Twilight Princess. Everything was upgraded to the point that it felt unfamiliar. I thought a realistic-looking Zelda would be awesome, but then they had to upgrade the looks of the Hylians and make them more animated. Now they're ugly and creepy. The twilight areas were worse. I don't like the weird orange-black aesthetic, running around as Wolf Link wasn't as great as I had hoped (and after playing Okami, there's just no contest), and Midna was annoying. She's a little cute with that fang sticking out, but otherwise I just wish they got rid of her.

Never played any other of the many Zelda games.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »
penguinwizard goes above and beyond whether the topic needs him to or not.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »
That's because penguinwizard is the man. (He's also my second-favorite TMK furry.)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »
I never actually collected Nintendo Power till about issue 150. I did have some scattered issues here and there (the oldest one I still have features Earthbound in the "Specials" section) but most of them were sold in a yard sale without my consent. :@

Anyway, to be on topic, I've been playing Wind Waker lately, finished Dragon Roost the last time I played which was Wednesday.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »
(He's also my second-favorite TMK furry.)

I do a spit-take every time I find out a member here is a furry.
every

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
Same, Glorb. I had been under the impression that "My [Noun] Harem" was a TMK meme. Silly me.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
every

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 04:20:13 PM »

If you don't think about it or mention it, it won't come up [as often].

Other Zelda memories:

I remember when I kept forgetting the notes to the different Ocarina songs. Maybe I was young when I first played Ocarina of Time or I was just getting used to a new form of gaming, but going back to it, the Forest and Fire Temples are pretty easy. Usually I keep a save game just after leaving Kokiri Forest so that I can play any tune on an ocarina without accidentally playing some other song.

I couldn't get the Biggoron's Sword because after all this time I still didn't have Epona. Then someone showed me another way to get the sword without Epona. Thank you magic seeds. Then when I finally get it, it just wasn't worth it.

I enjoyed the game most when I was battling the skeletons because I could move around with the shield up and have it half-resemble an actual fight given the skeletons could guard themselves.

A few times I warped to Death Mountain, touched down on the ground, and thought a cutscene was still going. So I'd stand there for 15 seconds wondering when the cutscene was going to end before I realized I could move. I guess I just expect the camera to zoom in on Link after touching down.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:27:20 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »
As for the Great Fairies... shudder... they need to wear more clothing and they need a serious face makeover.
You sure you don't mean "or they need a serious face makeover?"

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »
Also, I question whether or not Weegee is a furry, considering he has those pictures.

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
I didn't "have" those pictures. The Harem in question belongs to a fuzzy fellow by the name of Teh Oshi. I got the image by Googling "fur[bundle of sticks]".

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 09:51:47 PM »
Right-o then.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 09:59:54 PM »
I didn't "have" those pictures. The Harem in question belongs to a fuzzy fellow by the name of Teh Oshi. I got the image by Googling "fur[bundle of sticks]".

Hey, excuoooooose me!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 07:59:08 AM »
Tv_Themes is the only person who's posting in this thread correctly.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »
I'm gonna be cool and now post exactly according to the thread prompt.

Favorite Zelda game: Depends on what aspect of the game merits the most recognition. For sheer exploration and visual charm, Wind Waker takes the cake; for depth and maturity, it's got to be Majora's Mask; for longevity and realism, Twilight Princess is peerless. Overall, though, I'd say TP reigns supreme--sure, it's not that original, and maybe it's just the world's fastest nostalgia talking, but I really do feel like I got the most bang for my buck out of that one.

Favorite weapon/item: Well, probably the Hookshot, for its versatility and uniqueness. I keep feeling like there's some other, better item I'm forgetting, though...

Favorite dungeons: I love Snowpeak Ruins and Goron Mines. The Stone Tower is... well, it's creative, at least.

Least favorite dungeons: Pretty much anything from Phantom Hourglass. Also, infamous and generally frustrating though they may be, I think the only "Water Temple" I've really hated is the one in Majora's Mask.

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 04:46:31 PM »
I think the only "Water Temple" I've really hated is the one in Majora's Mask.

I'm like a Zelda noob (Didn't beat OoT, never played MM) but I didn't think the one in TP was that bad...well maybe it was. I can't remember. ;_;

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 06:41:13 PM »
That one was less about raising and lowering water levels and more about changing currents... then again, I can't quite remember, either.

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 12:50:20 AM »
I got as far as the 2nd village in Twilight Princess, got sick and tired of being Wolf Link so much.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »
And thus you missed one of the better and more thoroughly awesome titles in the series. Smooth move, Dexter.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »
Hey, I still have it.

Too bad though, my hands are currently full with Wind Waker, Metroid Prime Trilogy, SSBB now and then, and a SMW Hack I'm playing on Wii thanks to Homebrew.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 09:36:39 PM »
I've been playing A Link to the Past lately, and it's making Wind Waker look really unfinished by comparison, with its huge number of dungeons and upgrades and items and things to spend Rupees on besides Tingle's charts.  Don't get me wrong, Wind Waker is great, and I definitely like its visual style better, but I think ALttP has it beaten in other ways.

Also, the Dark World theme is awesome.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:39:12 PM by Turtlekid1 »

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
What a coincidence: I too recently started playing ALLttP again, and was considering bumping this very thread to announce that I had finally beaten it.  In my opinion, A Link to the Past and Wind Waker are both overrated. The former is frustrating at times and direly needs a remake to revamp its primitive physics system, while sailing often makes the latter a chore to play. I enjoy both, but neither is as perfect as critics make them out to be.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 10:20:21 PM »
Yeah, you can definitely get screwed over during combat by the physics... and the enemies' tendencies to get right up in your face and stay there, even during your period of mercy-invincibility.  Combine that with the fact that you start with seven hearts at the most, thus necessitating farming or wasting a fairy, for a good example of fake difficulty.  Almost as bad as the original MetroidAlmost.

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
Yeah, starting after a Game Over with barely enough health to restock at the nearest Fairy Fountain can be aggravating. Worst of all is how some Dark World foes can deal three full Hearts of damage with a single attack, and how enemies respawn the moment you move from one "screen" to another. I died 39 times in ALttP, versus once or twice in the other LoZ titles I own.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
Anyone know a good N64 emulator?  I'd like to play OoT and MM on something that isn't Wii64 so I can have a good framerate with minimal sound/graphics glitches.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
I would indeed like to see another Zelda game with... how many are there in ALttP? 12? Well, yeah, that many. It's important to remember, though, that they were pretty short in comparison to the ones in more recent Zeldas.

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »
how many are there in ALttP? 12? Well, yeah, that many. It's important to remember, though, that they were pretty short in comparison to the ones in more recent Zeldas.

You're talking about dungeons, I assume?

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »
I'm gonna be cool and now post exactly according to the thread prompt.
Sounds like a plan.

Favorite Zelda game: Call it an unorthodox choice, but I'm going with the Minish Cap. What it lacks in length and difficulty, it makes up for in charm and ingenuity. Its physics are fluid, the dungeons are never overbearing, weapons rarely become gimmicky or obselete, and the shrinking mechanic only increases the game's explorability factor.

Favorite weapon/item: Either Roc's Cape from the Minish Cap, or the Hookshot.

Favorite dungeons: To me, the best part of the series has always been exploring the overworld. While not a dungeon per se, my favourite area in any LoZ game is the Wind Waker's Hyrule Castle, and the path connecting it to Ganon's Tower. As for actual dungeons, the Minish Cap's Palace of Winds and Twilight Princess' Goron Mines take the cake.

Least favorite dungeons: Ocarina of Time's Water Temple was a nightmare (as admitted by Shiggy himself), and Jabu-Jabu's Belly was the most problematic area I've faced in any Zelda title to date. In the Wind Waker, constantly losing Makkar made the Wind Temple a rather frustrating ordeal for me.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »
Least favorite dungeons: Ocarina of Time's Water Temple was a nightmare (as admitted by Shiggy himself), and Jabu-Jabu's Belly was the most problematic area I've faced in any Zelda title to date.

I found the Water Temple to be very easy; I just found it annoying how you have to switch boots every now and then. I remember I used to think that it was the hardest dungeon ever, but I later found out that you can skip almost the whole dungeon through glitches. I also recently did almost the entire game without a sword, which made Dark Link and a couple of other bosses a pain to beat, but I still came through.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:58:42 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 04:51:22 PM »
[Regarding Ocarina of Time]: But now it's one of those "yeah, it's great, but I don't feel like ever going back to it" kinds of games.

My thoughts exactly. In fact, I haven't touched it since my original play-through.

If there's one thing I hated more than sailing across an endless ocean to find treasure, it was sailing across an endless ocean to find pieces of the Triforce.

Yeah, the constant seafaring seriously dimishes its replay value. Wind Waker would've been great if the amounts of land and water were switched.

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »
Fun factoid: 90% of the Cave of Ordeals can be skipped in early North American copies of Twilight Princess.

I've yet to try this myself, it's well-circulated that it must be legit.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:42:23 PM by Weegee »

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »
Wind Waker's the only Zelda game I've enjoyed playing. 'Magine that.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »
Have you tried Ocarina of Time?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:54 AM »
Yes, he has.

I can't get into the 3D Zelda games at all but love the 2D games.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:05 PM »
Yeah. OoT has a nice story and all but it's pretty boring to play.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »
Oh.

Well, I must confess that I didn't really like Twilight Princess, so I know where you're coming from.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »
The 3D Zeldas are generally the ones I like better. I can't relate to you people.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 03:42:59 PM »
Yeah. OoT has a nice story and all but it's pretty boring to play.
OoT was probably very impressive for its time as far as graphics go, but the graphics aren't very good by today's standards, so the visuals can't be the main selling point anymore.  My big problems with it, though, are that it starts off pretty slowly (I'm assuming it picks up sometime after Dodongo's Cavern, which is the farthest I've ever gotten in the game), and (I've mentioned this in #tmk) I hate the control scheme because even if I weren't playing it on a keyboard, the N64 controller itself isn't much better.  There are more buttons than I can reach conveniently with my fingers.

I could play it on Wii64 with a GCN controller, but then I would be running it at half the framerate.

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
B-but Weegee... that would cost money!

...no, seriously - I could get OoT from VC or buy the GameCube edition used or something if I had the money to shell out on it.

Question: what's the best LoZ game that has sprite-based graphics?  I'm guessing ALttP?

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »

This whups ALttP's sorry ass.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:59 PM »
At least Nintendo actually bothered to develop LttP. (Minish Cap's still good, though)

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
YEAAAHHH

I FINALLY COMPLETED WIND WAKER BY GETTING AROUND TO THAT WITHERED DEKU TREE SIDEQUEST

I AM BOSS

Edit: I think it's been discussed here before, but if it hasn't, this is worth a peek. Well, so much for Agahnim being Porky/Pokey from Earthbound.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:32:03 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »
Question: what's the best LoZ game that has sprite-based graphics?  I'm guessing ALttP?
Four Swords Adventure, 4-player

Minish Cap, BTW, is the worst sprite-based portable Zelda. Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons are all far, far superior experiences.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 05:04:17 PM »
Four Swords Adventure, 4-player
And assuming that I don't have three friends with GBAs and Link Cables (Heh) and am, in fact, playing said games on an emulator?

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
Minish Cap, BTW, is the worst sprite-based portable Zelda.

How so?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
It's one of the least-awesome, yes, but I don't think "worst" is the right word.
every

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
least-awesome

Perhaps you, unlike LD, will answer: How so?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
It wasn't Four Swords.
every

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
Four Swords didn't actually exist. All "screenshots" and information relating to it were fabricated to make unsuspecting ALttP GBA players believe that they had bought two games. Sammy Davis, Jr. finding another one-eyed Jewish black midget is more likely than two fellow Zelda players getting together in order to play FS.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
I almost played it with a girl once back in high school, but she forgot to bring her cart.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2010, 06:33:16 PM »
I bought a used copy for the explicit purpose of playing it with my brother.

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
I almost played it with a girl once back in high school, but she forgot to bring her cart.

That's the best euphemism I've ever heard.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
(Wind Waker spoilers, in case you haven't finished it yet, in which case you should stop reading right now and go play it)

You know that tombstone that Michael Jelvis danced in front of on Windfall Island? I haven't tried making out the name on it yet (there's some grass in front of it), but, using this key (from the Japanese manual), it says "821 - 894" at the top. So Wind Waker takes place in at least the year 894 of whatever year system they use over there. How long after 894 it is might depend on who's in that grave -- maybe the founder of Windfall Island Town?

It's mentioned later in the game that the land has been flooded for "hundreds of years." It's not described as "thousands" or "over a thousand", so it's probably 900 or less. So the year system would apparently be based either on the date of the flood itself or of something before the flood (Creation? The Hero of Time?).

Just something interesting that I couldn't find anyone else on the internet talking about (not that I looked super hard).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »
Dang, that's an awesome reference if it was intentional.

Here lies Link.
it is commonly believed the grave is a reference to Link.
lol

Let's see... First of all, I screwed up; it's actually 831 - 894.

The name(?) is two lines. A few letters are partially covered by grass and hard to match. I think it says "Idainareno Baijiyushiku", but I'm really unsure on a couple of those letters. No Google hits on that name, nor on the smaller portions I've tried of letters I'm most certain of.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:09:08 PM by CrossEyed7 »

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »
"Idainareno Baijiyushiku"

This seems like a job for Suffix.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
Whaddya know, once I Googled 831 instead of 821, I found something about it.

That guy thinks it's "Idai Naru Geijutsuka," which translates as "to become a great artist."

I had a feeling "Jiyu" was supposed to combine into "Ju," but I couldn't remember. The first line could definitely end with "Naru" rather than "Nareno" (a Re and a No right next to each other are hard to tell apart from a Ru), that last letter on the bottom could be a lot of different stuff. Ge or Ba for the first letter of the second line seems to be a tossup with the grass cover the way it is. I'm pretty certain that the second-to-last letter on the bottom is Shi, not Tsu (hard to tell in the screenshot at that link, but I thought it seemed a bit clearer in person), but those letters are so [darn] similar and the texture is kinda blurry.

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2010, 12:46:16 AM »
Even more. Most interesting is how Phantom Ganon's sword is inscribed with the names of Majora's Mask characters.

As it turns out, there's no shortage of discussion on the matter.

Print