Print

Author Topic: Twisted New Disney Game  (Read 17497 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »
Goofy has a son, so he's not gay.

So does Clay Aiken.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 04:39:32 PM »
That's all you could think of?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 05:40:24 PM »
After all, the original concept said Mickey committed suicide.
I thought that was just something the guy who made that video pulled out of his butt...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »
Yeah, that was totally not part of the original "concept" at all. The original concept was like all about art style and nothing else.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »
Well, I still hope all the freaky stuff is there, like the Goofy Zombie, the apocalyptic Disney World (amusement park) and the Chimera.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 11:55:24 PM »
Well, the idea of seeing lost Disney characters is promising. Maybe Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar will come back. Maybe there will be a secret level with Uncle Remus and Br'er Rabbit (bonus points if Br'er's sulking about not being able to find his laughing place anymore). And Hubie and Bertie (yeah-yeah, sure-sure, Riot! Riot!). And whoever those two groundhogs were. Oh, don't forget Gabby Goat. Maybe cameos by Meeko from Pocahontas and Djali the goat from Hunchback of Notre Dame (and any other sidekick characters). Throw in one of those parrots from the Three Caballeros for good measure.

Like TV_Themes, I hope they keep the freaky stuff in, because the details on that page make it sound like a standard platformer. And I couldn't get into Mickey Mania (there's a million things trying to kill me at once), so it will take a bit to make me want to play another Mickey game. Come to think of it, it might just be Oswald spreading robots around rather than our old favorite characters permanently turned into zombies (until Mickey saves the world).

It seems in McGee's "Alice" that Cheshire Cat just became mangy over the years and is somewhat harmless. Screw that. I looked at the box cover of the game. Cheshire looked like pure evil there, and I wanted him to be pure evil in the game.

I had forgotten about Max, Goofy's son. Wonder if we'll see him again. You'd think he'd adjust naturally to the new world. Just adopt a goth or punk look and he'd be ready to go.
You didn't say wot wot.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
Mickey Mania always annoyed me, but Magical Quest Starring Mickey was fun. First game I ever beat. Haven't played the sequels yet.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 05:09:35 PM »
Didn't Nintendo publish one of those?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »
And Hubie and Bertie (yeah-yeah, sure-sure, Riot! Riot!). And whoever those two groundhogs were. Oh, don't forget Gabby Goat

Those are all Warner Bros. characters, you twit.

And I think I've mentioned somewhere that this game almost resembles the World of Illusion sequel that never happened.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
The only Mickey platformer I've played was Mickey Mousecapade, the game that can't figure out its story until the end.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »
My head promptly exploded into mountains of confetti and flaming electric guitars turning into ninja zombie pirate robots wielding Abraham Lincoln swords armed with Chuck Norris-enhanced shotguns upon watching that. Thanks a lot...jerk.

For real, this is...strange.
In a good way.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 11:43:56 PM »
Those are all Warner Bros. characters, you twit.
One of these days I'll get it through my head that anything from Looney Tunes is not Disney. Do the majority of people honestly care which characters belong to Disney and which belong to Warner Bros.?

I guess I made the comparison because early Looney Tunes episodes kind of looked like something out of Disney (they were black and white at least), more well-rounded. Maybe it's a specific artist's style I'm thinking of. Later on the characters got more angled and took on their typical screwball or goofy appearances.

As for Mickey Mousecapades, I can't get past level 2 to this day (the one with those stupid ocean waves). I can barely get past level 1. The box art looked cool at least. I wonder if all Mickey games are as hard as that one is.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2009, 01:39:03 PM »
... 0.0 Holy crap, this game is really dark. I agree with TV_themes too, if the game doesn't stay the way it is, I will have less interest in this game. Also, the first Disney game I played was Aladin for the SNES.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2009, 01:53:27 AM »
I don't know what I was expecting, but that looks like regular Mickey to me. I don't see what the big deal was about what his face was going to look like. And I hope everything ends up being darker and more twisted than what we see here. It only looks mildly kooky here.

But if anything this might be a more playable Mickey game than the rest because I won't die in the first ten seconds.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print