Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story - Null Action Icon Glitch  (Read 4048 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
Hey everyone! I haven't been on much lately because of college admissions, but I should be done with them soon. Anyway, I found a glitch in Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story that allows you to temporarily null the Body Slam Action Icon. The icon will display a "-" and won't work, but a simple switch of Action Icons will fix it.

How to do:

1. Find a place where you can fall and instantly change screens either with or without having to hold down a direction on the D-Pad, such as the area displayed in the picture. Note that you don't need to be in the Spike Ball form for this to work.
2. Switch to your non-default Action Icons (the Body Slam and the Spike Ball icons).
3. While falling, hold down the L button (also be sure to hold down the direction you need to hold to change screens, if you're in an area that requires you to do so).

4. Wait until you've changed screens and behold! The Action Icon will be labeled with a "-" and actually doesn't work!

Have fun walking around with a null Action Icon!

Here's a video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6RaFwEarc&fmt=18

I know it's not a useful glitch, but it's pretty fun to play around with. I hope you all enjoy the video!

Random fun fact:

The original name for the Hot Drumstick was the Spicy Drumstick. There's evidence in page 32 of the Instruction Booklet. I guess it can also be interpreted as a mistranslation, but who knows?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:30:03 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 03:10:13 PM »
Hmm, there seem to be little glitches like that in all of the M&L series.  In Partners in Time, there was at least one instance where fighting one enemy (on Thwomp Volcano, IIRC) would make another one disappear from the map.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print