Poll

You can own only one:

Xbox 360
23 (76.7%)
PlayStation 3
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: 360 versus PS3  (Read 78737 times)

« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »
In any case, people can stop the with "lol sony" [dukar]. Millions of people's personal financial information could be at stake here.

Um, I think that's the point. They're laughing at Sony's incompetence, not the people.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2011, 10:41:03 PM »
And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.

Looks like WarpWrattler's furious ranting paid off: when the PSN store comes back online users get 2 free games (permanently) out of a selection of 5 PS3 games and 4 PSP games.

PS3
Dead Nation
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury

PSP
LittleBigPlanet
ModNation Racers
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation

There will also be a weekend with free downloadable movie rentals.

Gotta say that is way better than I expected, both in quantity and quality of games.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »
Now if only there were two games on there that I care about and don't own already.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2011, 11:30:55 PM »
Turtlekid1 complains about getting free games again. News at 11.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2011, 11:48:05 PM »
If I have no interest in any of the free games (save for inFAMOUS, which I have already, and is excellent, by the way, if anyone is looking for a recommendation), then frankly there's no difference between a couple of free games and nothing at all.

So you'll excuse me for being a bit disappointed.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2011, 12:36:38 AM »
Well, that's twice I've been pleasantly surprised. And though I'm not particularly concerned about the information gleaned, I will definitely make use of whatever the Identity Theft protection program they end up providing as well.

I was going to say I can't wait to see what people complain about this time, but alas, beaten to the punch.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2011, 12:45:16 AM »
I'm happy about the PSP games (I'll be getting Pursuit Force and Killzone: Liberation), but I've heard some people complaining that they already own all the PS3 games on offer, which I'd say is a pretty fair thing to complain about.

I get the feeling Sony knew that would be the case and picked high-profile titles like LittleBigPlanet and inFAMOUS to minimize lost sales.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »
Betcha PS4 sales are gonna be minimized
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2011, 01:01:11 AM »
Turtlekid1, what are these PS3 games that you're interested in but don't own? What could they possibly have given away to appease your endless disdain for receiving free games?

« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:48 AM »
Turtlekid, why don't you just try the free games? They're free so if you don't like them then no harm no foul.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2011, 01:18:22 AM »
Turtlekid1, what are these PS3 games that you're interested in but don't own? What could they possibly have given away to appease your endless disdain for receiving free games?
Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood?  Uncharted: Drake's Fortune?  Final Fantasy XIII?  Or heck, perhaps give members a voucher worth a set amount to just buy whatever in the Store.  I know there are a couple of PSOne Classics I wouldn't mind having.

Turtlekid, why don't you just try the free games? They're free so if you don't like them then no harm no foul.
I will.  I'd much rather be playing games that I'd rather be playing, though.

« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2011, 01:24:57 AM »
Upon discovering that Turtlekid1 wasn't satisfied with their means of compensating PSN users, Sony was utterly devastated.

The company went bankrupt shortly thereafter. Its president, Howard Stringer, commited suicide.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2011, 01:39:32 AM »
Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood?  Uncharted: Drake's Fortune?  Final Fantasy XIII?
Buh? Haven't you played and beaten every single one of those?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2011, 01:55:05 AM »
He's stated on multiple occasions that he stopped playing FF13 because it became an unbearable grindfest.

Anyway, with the exception of Uncharted, all of the games Turtlekid mentioned are from other publishers, who are already losing enough money as it is from PSN being down without Sony wanting to give away their games to compensate PSN users. Same would apply if they were giving away vouchers, except it would then apply for movies and TV shows as well.

I get the feeling the movie rentals offered are all going to be from Sony as well for the same reason.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »
Buh? Haven't you played and beaten every single one of those?
But I don't own any of them and would have to borrow them again if I ever wanted to replay them (or give FFXIII another chance in its case).

Print