Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 60427 times)

« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2011, 11:27:34 PM »
You're one to talk. Look at your current avatar. :p

I haven't played the game, so I don't feel I can accurately comment on the reviewer's..review.

Also: If all else fails, use fire!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:48 AM »
I lost over 60 lives getting all the Star Coins in S7-4.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2011, 02:45:29 AM »
If he would use a website that doesn't make my eyes explode violently from my face, that would be just dandy.
If you don't like the background, press the Action Button.

I lost over 60 lives getting all the Star Coins in S7-4.
How not to use spoiler tags.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:47 AM »
I somehow get the feeling he be trollin' you.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
If you don't like the background, press the Action Button.
Thanks.  I was finally able to read the review and found it enjoyable.  I also noticed myself nodding, not because I was sleepy, but because I agreed with him on several points. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2011, 11:00:12 PM »
I headed over to S7-4 to try to do it in a couple lives and then make fun of WeeGee but ended up having a similar experience to him. Probably only like 20 lives though.

I mentioned it before but Shadow Mario in this game is genius.

« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
Holy balls, the ending sequence to this game is amazing.  Definitely conjures up the phrase "grand finale."  This might be my new favorite Mario game of all time.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
I've played this game for a little while; it's really good! I look forward to playing it some more!
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2012, 01:28:58 AM »
I'm not a fan of Tim Roger's writings...It bleeds of self importance, egotism, and is inefficient in his use of words. He could have taken out the paragraph about getting Mario 3, and all of the story about his girlfriend in Tokyo not liking the game, and replaced it with a paragraph on why Mario Galaxy failed his expectations and a paragraph explaining how Mario 3's level design relates to Mario land. But no -- he had to write about himself before he could write about anything else.

Anyways, that aside, I love Mario Land 3DS. It's one of those games that's brimming with fun in every level. You'd think that every video game would be "fun", but some are merely engaging, or entertaining. But Mario Land is fun all of the way through. The only "chore" or fetch quest the game has is finding all of the Star coins but that doesn't feel too chorish; it's fun to play through the levels again. I was also impressed that it didn't feel like a sequel to me, even though it was 'just' another game in the series -- it felt fresh.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
That egotism and "inefficient" use of words is why his stuff is vastly more interesting than anything anyone here has written about SM3DL (for instance). There are hundreds of places to read, "The graphics are good. I liked the level design. The game was fun." But not many that take you on surreal long essays filled with funny or poignant tales from a man's life. Reading an epic Tim Rogers piece beginning-to-end always leaves me feeling like I've taken some kind of crazy vision quest.

Long live the New Games Journalism.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2012, 09:07:51 PM »
His little anecdote about not getting laid over SMG was still the saddest thing I've ever read.

« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
Well, I like what he has to say about game design and philosophy -- but I find his personality insufferable.  I don't want to read his personal blog or his diary. Everything he writes assumes I'm as interested in him as I am in the subject at hand and I can't deal with that kind of self absorbtion.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »
Too many words, not enough pictures, [dukar]ty article.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
* Toad doesn't read it

But, I love my mustache. That's probably due in part to Mario being one of my favorite game heros when I was little.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print