Print

Author Topic: Why are people predicitng Nintendo's downfall?  (Read 5188 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: March 19, 2003, 11:13:53 AM »
I also posted this topic at n-archives.com:

Why are so many industry analysts losing faith in the succcess of Nintendo? Everyone is saying it would be better for Nintendo to accept defeat and simply focus on games (no more developing console hardware).

Nintendo is not doing that bad. No matter how many people disagree with me, I am confident that Nintendo will find a way to recouperate from their losses (slow sales of their GameCube system, I mean). Just because their system is falling behind Microsoft's Xbox and is leagues away from Sony's PlayStation 2, that doesn't mean that Nintendo will give up. They can't give up. The video game industry will never be the same without Nintendo!

Believe me, Nintendo will fight back with their next system, they will try to topple the doiminant reign of Sony and force Microsoft away into the shadows...

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 12:19:41 PM »
I don't think Nintendo is downfalling, I think one of your topics should downfall though.
Mario was here

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 12:58:20 PM »
Um... okay.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 04:06:51 PM »
Nintendo once said if they did pull out, they would pull out all together.

The question is which Next-Gen System comes first.  Sony, was smart there.  Nintendo (I believe) is going to try to bring there next-gen system out before the others, which means the GCN lasts shorter.
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 11:26:32 PM »
But with the great GCN games coming a mile a minute, that wouldn't be so bad.

And I don't hear people predicting Nintendo's downfall... but shouldn't these topics really be in General Chat?

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 08:23:30 AM »
I'm talking about the critics and industry analists. They are all saying that Nintendo is failing just because the Gamecube is not selling as good as Xbox... They never looked at the phenominal sales of Game Boy Advance, that will surely justify Nintendo's success in the video game industry!

Also, Sony has nothing to worry about. They are so far ahead of the competition (Microsoft and Nintendo), that they don't really need to compete! Their PlayStation 2 is outselling Nintendo's GameCube and Microsoft's Xbox!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 3/20/2003 6:26:23 AM

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 03:28:22 PM »
I think Nintendo still has one hell of a chance, and they won't give up. The X-Box appeal more to adult gamer, as they belive that Mario and Company are desiged for kids. Bull. Plain and straight. Why do I, master of all things Mario, Have difficulty with Super Mario Sunshine? Because. Nintendo puts enough difficulty into their games to make them challenging enough so little kids will have to go to their older brother for help, thus hooking the older brother on the game. I've seen it a million times.
Now to rant about Ecch-Box!
Anyone remeber how Sega was with the Genisis? Well, they boasted about how their console was better than Nintendo just because their hand helds had color and a backlight, their system had a 32-bit CD add on(which was to set the Genesis up to par with Nintendo's Giant). Pffft... Just cause you have a more "adult" game, doesnt mean its better. Do you have a compelling story line? Is the control good? So far, I've only seen about one good game for the Ecch-Box. Halo. Thats it. It didn't hold me with scantily clad chicks(although that type of thing realy catches my eye. Literally.), or gallons upon gallons of blood(it had some, but not gallons like from Mortal Kombat). But since I'm not here to review this game, I leave you with one thought. "A fat man in a bikini"
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2003, 09:27:03 PM »
I don't want that thought...

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 01:34:12 AM »
"They never looked at the phenominal sales of Game Boy Advance, that will surely justify Nintendo's success in the video game industry!"
– Mario Maniac

I've been trying to cut down my posting because it takes up too much of my time, but I really feel I need to clarify something that you are only hinting at. Nintendo is not falling. Why? Because it's main profits are coming from the Game Boy Advance, not from the Nintendo GameCube. To put it in terms of food, the GBA is Nintendo's bread and butter, whereas the GCN is just the gravy. The GBA and its games are selling very well. And in the hand held gaming segment, Nintendo has no real competition. So as far as the long-term success of the company itself is concerned, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

You should also know that I am not simply assuming that the GBA drives the company. I was told that this is true, in person, by a Nintendo employee (a writer for Nintendo Power, to be exact).
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 01:37:48 PM »
"Nintendo puts enough difficulty into their games to make them challenging enough so little kids will have to go to their older brother for help, thus hooking the older brother on the game. I've seen it a million times."
- Dairy King

I completely agree with that comment. People who say that Nintendo is for kids don't take the time to notice how challenging some of their games are... Zelda games (especially Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, and A Link to the Past) are extremely difficult--dungeons *shudders*. Metroid Fusion is another good example of how great games don't neccessarily need blood, ***, and swearing to be successful... Games need to be challenging and have addictive FUN gameplay as well, and that's what Nintendo is the master of!

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 03:08:10 PM »
Cool!! People are quoting me. Now all I hav to do is get them to do my bidding and I can take over the world!!!! Oops... Did I type that? Heh heh heh.... Uhh... No one is going to enslave you.....yet.....

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 03:08:10 PM »
Cool!! People are quoting me. Now all I hav to do is get them to do my bidding and I can take over the world!!!! Oops... Did I type that? Heh heh heh.... Uhh... No one is going to enslave you.....yet.....

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 05:31:52 PM »
If you ask me the Gamecube,N64,and SNES sould have never been stared.  The origanal Nintendo was the best (I liked SNES the best) And so They sould have stuck with NES!  And GB not GBC amd GBA!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2003, 09:20:47 PM »
I don't want to ask you.

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2003, 01:25:55 PM »
"If you ask me the Gamecube,N64,and SNES sould have never been stared. The origanal Nintendo was the best (I liked SNES the best) And so They sould have stuck with NES! And GB not GBC amd GBA!"
-- Andrewlb2000

Uhh...sure Andrewlb2000, whatever.

Hey CW, how do you italicize the words in your posts like that? TMK message boards don't have any special font enhancers, unless you are HACKING into the system o_0!

Print