Print

Author Topic: Game experiences you want to forget.  (Read 6723 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: March 31, 2003, 08:11:56 PM »
I had Donkey Kong Land 1 for gameboy.  I got to KIng K. Rool twice during the time that I owned the game.  But every time I couldn't beat him, I shut off my gameboy and took the cartridge out and played a different game.  THen when I wanted another crack at K.Rool, I turned on my Gameboy only to discover. . . My FILE GOT ERASED!!!!!!

xbox fears Mariomania, Brother!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 09:24:15 PM »
My brother erased my GBA Tony Hawk 2 files today.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 01:11:33 PM »
I had bought Dr. Mario 64 off of Ebay. I convinced my mom to play, and she became hooked on the game. I'd wake up and she'd be sitting on the edge of my bed playing. I finally had to hide Dr. Mario 64 so i wouldn't be bothered by my mom wanting to play.

What is wrong with this guy?
...Besides everything!

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 10:19:48 PM »
Last week I went to play Mario Party 4 & my file which I finished got erased.An error message came up b4 the game started.

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 10:34:53 PM »
Speaking of MP4 and bad gaming experiences, I beat the game w/ every character, getting all the players' presents. But after completing it w/ Peach and the credits were rolling, I had to turn the game off and didn't save it.

The next time I played the game, I looked in the present room and her constellation and all her presents were still there. So I figured "why bother w/ the credits again?" I started another story mode w/ a different character and saved over Peach's story mode data.

To my surprise, I learned that the "roof" of her present room was not there, but on all the others'. So, frustratedly, I played as her *again*, beat all those boards, and saved it AFTER the credits. I went back to the present room and...  GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! HER ROOF *STILL* WASN'T THERE!!! Now I have to beat the *ENTIRE* game over w/ EVERY character again in order to complete the present room!!!!

Unless she's the only one w/out a roof... But it looks like one is missing...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 01:11:29 PM »
A long time ago I had a 162 game season on MLB '98* as the Yankees. About at game 92 something screwed up happened and all my players were wearing Mariners uniforms. Things got worse from there, and I eventually had to throw the game out.

*It was a Playstation game.

...Besides everything!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 09:32:22 PM »
I told this story before. But, to all the newer members, here goes. The biggest tale of bad luck EVER.

I was once beaten by a 3 year old in Mario Party 2.

It was about turn 14 of a 20 turn game. I was winning, with 1 star and about 150 coins. The 3-year old was 2nd, with one star and just over 50 coins. There were two easy computers, but with 0 stars and only a few coins each.

The 3 year old was rolling. He passed the Boo space. Now, seeing as how he had 50 coins, and how it would be really embarassing to be down 2 stars to a 3 year old... I tried deceiving him to steal form a computer. Didn't work. Although I STILL had a boatload of coins. This 3 year old landed on an Item game, and not knowing how to play it, randomly pressed a button and got ..... a Bowser Bomb. This was literally the Worst case scenario. I had gotten my star that I lost seconds ago on the last turn, and was about 2 spaces ahead of Baby Bowser at the time. And the 1 I rolled didn't help.

Needless to say, with literally nothing (0 stars, 0 coins) and 6 turns to play, I was pretty bad off.

I think it wa the first time in Mario Party history where the winner of the Mini-Game star got 4th to a pair of Easy computers and a 3 year old. I had rancid luck.

Let's just say if I had AVERAGE luck in the Mario Party games, I'd be UNSTOPPABLE. Well, this excludes MP4.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2003, 10:01:37 PM »
I've lost MP3 to my five-year old cousin. Since the game IS half luck (especially when you lose all your stars on the 2nd to last turn after a "rigged" chance space), I haven't worried about wins or losses counting on my reputation. Of course, my GREATEST win was on MP3 with 31 stars.

A lousy game experience, you say? I can beat ALTTP without ever dying. And because of that, I once played it through from the beginning NONSTOP until getting to Ganon's Tower.(took a good 8 hours, didn't have any lunch) So I turned the game off for a break, and came back later. No save file. I had NEVER saved it at ALL during that time!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 02:57:24 AM »
When i played mario party at my friends house (level battlefield) my friend had 6 stars, and me 2 stars (both computers had 1 star), (I was mario, my friend was luigi), suddenly i got "chance time" first Trade start, between peach and... luigi...

My freind didn't get glad, and i got on the 4st place, peach won becuse of this...

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2003, 08:50:39 PM »
I got another bad experience!
Today I went against King Boo in the Bowser Suit on LM.It cornered me,sucked me in his mouth & spat me out,then flamed me!Then he kept flaming me & eating me!Then "Good Night!"appeared on my screen.....

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2003, 09:08:05 PM »
That's happened to me before (Ugh! It was annoying, but then I started laughing at myself for doing so horribly [not making fun of you, btw].), but at least your problem's easier to fix.
Yours was just during one life on one boss. Others' (mine included) are either very, very frustrating to fix or even permanent.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2003, 06:25:39 PM »
Something I'd want to forget? Ok, how about getting beaten by my mom(who has got to be the world's worst video game player in the world) in Mario Party 2. Uhhg...

CONGRATULATIONS!
The absolute incarnation of evil, Adolf Hitler, lies in a pool of his own blood. His wrinkled, crimson splattered visage still strains, a jagged- toothed rictus trying to cry out. Insane even in death. Your lips pinched in bitter victory, you kick his head off his remains and spit on his corpse.
-Wolfenstein 3d, 3rd Episode
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2003, 11:33:25 PM »
When I was younger I would play Street Fighter with my older brother(not Dairy King) who was pretty crappy at it. He was also about twice my height and about 3 times my wieght. If I hit his fighter he would spit on me, and if I lasted through my saliva shower and beat him, he would pummel me in real life in order to redeem his virtual loss.  I stopped playing against him and turned to my mom for easy victories.  I had my strategy, Mom sucked and I didn't, HA HA... anyhoo, she noticed that I stuck out my tounge every time I threw an attack at her.  She forced me to keep my tounge in my mouth during the next battle and she beat me. My family laughed at my loss to my mother, and I slinked away, trying to choke down the bitter taste of defeat and hide the tears of shame. Moral of my story: Play by yourself, or against your cat.

I''m not lazy, I''m just... uh...
Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 08:16:22 PM »
I also have had a bad experience with a baseball game.  Though it was not like the MLB 98 disaster. I was playing a full season on Mike Piazza's strikezone.  Sometime after the allstar break, I couldn't use one of my relief pitchers for some strange reason.  And there was this guy called Tony Phillips in right field for my team.  I said "What the heck? I didn't put Tony Philips on my team!  I was able to fix the Tony Phillips glitch, but I couldn't fix the reliever glitch.

Long live the Mario Brothers!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 07:48:03 PM »
I hope my post isnt too late. But Sappira that is the way that her present box is. It doesnt have a roof, and theres no way to get one. hope you havent deleted the data...

Oh and my bad gaming experience was also with Mario party 3 and 4. I had beat story mode in mario party 3 with Mario, Luigi, and halfway through with Peach. Well I hadnt played it for a while, and the next time I started it up this black screen came up saying that the data was corrupt and it would have to be deleted!! I reset it acouple of times with the same message, and I eventually had to delete the file, I was SOOOOOO TICKED! Then on Mario party 4, I had beat it with Mario, and was half way with Luigi. some things happened on the board that I didnt want saved for that turn, but before I could get to the memory card to pull it out, the save screen came up and started saveing. I pulled it out in the middle of saving and  it came up "Please insert Memory card" but I eventually shut it off. Then when I turned it on again, it says that the Memory card is corrupted and will need to be deleted! No way of getting around it, so I had to do it all over again. So I got mad with the Mario party series and played SMS untill I got sick of it and  lent it to a friend, now Im about the same place as I was in Mario party 4, but Im way behind in MP3

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 5/16/2003 6:54:18 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 07:55:19 PM »
Phew! That's good! (No, I didn't delete it--I had too many presents and unlockables that I wouldn't.) That's really weird, though, that hers is the only one without a roof. And it looks so incomplete, too! I guess the programmers forgot it.

--------------------

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2003, 01:43:49 PM »
I shelled out $50 for Batman: Dark Tomorrow; only until after doing so did I realize the horrible difficulty of it, and I haven't played it since the day I bought it.

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #2

"I`d attack you right now, but neither of us are wearing pants."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2003, 02:02:01 PM »

I'll never forget the times my dad and I stayed up to 2 or 3 am playing Final Fantasy and Chronotrigger on school nights.  It made my mother so made at both of us.  Now that's a gaming experience I DON'T WANT TO FORGET.

I would like to forget how my brother lent out Chronotrigger and we never got it back.  I had to buy it again off of ebay for $50. Heh.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2003, 07:34:31 PM »
Ok, I was playing MP4 on story mode.  I was Mario (4 stars), against Peach and Luigi (1 star each), and Yoshi (about 3 coins).  So anyway, it's my turn first.  I roll a one, and land on a bowser space!  Baby bowser comes down and takes 50 coins!  But I don't think it's that big a deal.  Oh yeah, it's the last turn.  So Peach takes her turn, and uses a warp pipe.  Of course she switches places with me.  I was SOOO close toi getting another star!  She goes over and buys a star.  Now she has 2.  Then she goes by the boo house and steals a star from me!  Then, she hits the lottery house, and gets a gold lottery ball!  She gets the 100 coins and finishes her turn.  I figure that was a unfortunate turn of events, but it was only beginning.  Peach had landed on a fortune space!  And guess what!  She got ANOTHER star from me! After that was over, she got a hidden block which, of course, contained a star!  So then Luigi takes his turn, and lands on a bowser space.  It was a bowser game and whoever lost would have to fork over a star.  It was Darts of Doom, and I was up first.  I was fairly good at this game, so I waited until all three cursors were off the bulls-eye, and fired.  ALL THREE HIT THE BULLS-EYE!!!  So I'm getting a little peeved, so I take my medicine and get on with the game.  It's Yoshi's turn.  He uses a magic lamp, gets the star, swings by the lottery shop, WINS THE 100 COINS, passes the boo, steals my star, lands on a battle space, wager 50 coins (it was the chain chomp one), I get 4th place because all the computer players pushed me off the edge.  All the other guys avoided everything until the time ran out and they all tied for first.  So I lose 50 coins!  Then, another hidden block came up with, guess what... a star.  So I'm left in the dust with zero stars, 12 coins, and it's time for the minigame.  I figure I'm going to lose anyway, but I play the game with the little conveyer belts (three red spaces against one blue).  Peach, of all people, was on top.  She got every coin, which was all money bags, and my team didn't get a single coin!  So I figure I'd at least get the stars for mini-game, and the coin star.  So the mini-game star comes up, and the winner is announced...  wait!  We have a tie!  The winners of the mini-game stars are: Peach, Luigi, and Yoshi!  My jaw hit the floor.  The coin star came up, and guess what!  PEACH, LUIGI, YOSHI!!!  Then, the happening star.  As if I had any chance whatsoever...  PEACH!!! LUIGI!!! YOSHI!!!  So I wait to see the winners, and it's a tie between PEACH!!!!!! LUIGI!!!!!!  AND YOSHI!!!!!!!!!!!  AUGGGGGHHH!!!  I was so mad I actually screamed at the game.  Later though I noticed a VERY large CHOCOLATE smudge on the disk.  I just about killed my little brother.  Strange how smudges can wierd out your game so much.  It didn't have any permenant changes, but to add insult to injury, I dreamt about it that night.

Oh yeah, and my brother set my GCN clock forward 50 years and tried to play Animal Crossing.  I got it back to normal, but dang...  WEEEEEEDDDSSS!!!

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2003, 07:53:29 PM »
Oh my gosh! You hit the all-time mother load of all Jackpots of unluckiness! ROTFLMBO!! Hahahahahaha!! ...Sorry. That made my day.
Actually, something similar to that effect happened to me. Fortunately, now, I have a little tactic I like to call "cheating."
I have my game set on "Save Every Turn." When something bad happens, I turn the save function off, while the good results are still safe. I play it out, to see if it gets better, but if it gets worse...Voila! Reset! And I continue from where my good luck left off. ^_^

Oh, and I do the same thing in AC *cough*Nook's Lottery*cough. Although I now hate Mr. Resetti with a passion. Heheh... What a loser. I can't even REMEMBER the last time I've had the correct date on that game. ...Oh wait, Jan 24, 2003. I don't play the game everyday anymore, but am determined to be present for every day, so I change the clock to the last day I left off.

Seriously, though, your telling of your unfortunate experience really made my day. :)

--------------------
If things don’t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2003, 08:18:45 PM »
I have the worst luck sometimes on Mario Party games.  *sigh*  Glad I made your day though.  I don't know about you guys, but I only have 3 days of school left, and I'm ready for summer.  Nothing to do but sit back, play some video games and...  OH NO!  I'm bored!!!  Man, even AC gets really boring after awhile.  Which reminds me...  K.K!  Hold on, brb.

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2003, 06:14:49 PM »
So buy an old SNES (if you don't already have one) and buy the games Super Mario world, SM all stars, and Donkey Kong country.
If you don't own them already.

I was playing Meta knight mode on Nightmare in Dreamland.  I spent two hours beating it, and I get a lousy Congratulations screen!

For more bad gaming experiences, go to World of Nintendo.com

Long live the Mario Brothers!

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2003, 07:56:41 PM »
Not really an bad experience, just a story.

I had an old NES (it used to be my mom's). Well anyway, my mom loant it to my aunt about 6 or 7 years ago and I haven't seen it since.

...Besides everything!

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2003, 08:13:36 PM »
I once stayed up 10 hours beating every level in SMB for the Nes. Then right after I beat Bowser in 8-4, My nes started blinking, and I never got to see the ending, till I got a game Genie

Just to spice this topic up,Ill add the gaming experience that I will never forget. I was searching on ebay for a Top Loading Nes, (got tired of the blinking) and was bummed out on being beaten on 9 different auctions. Well, I see this one auction that has a TPLDR and 2 "dog bone" controllers going for $30 plus $10 S&H. still smarting from the losses, I email the lady offering her $50 and, she agreed and ended the auction early. Now I have a Top loader for about $90 cheeper than I would have if I went through Ebay...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2003, 05:35:26 PM »
Today I was playing Mario Party (the first one)  I had 2 stars, Peach was in first with 2 stars and more coins than me. ( which never happens.)  Yoshi was in 3rd with one star, and Mario was in last because I took him out of the game by stealing his only star in a very controversial Chance Time game.  Anyway, Yoshi wins the mini game star, I win the Coin star. And then, to the shock of everyone, Yoshi, who had 2 stars from winning the mini game star, wins the happening star, producing the only come from behind victory against me for any computer player.  And I end up in third, Peach is still second, and Yoshi got the only upset I have ever allowed from winning bonus stars!

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

And now you know, the rest of the story.

Edited by - Jman on 1/10/2004 2:47:41 PM

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2003, 05:12:23 PM »
Okay, Mr. Insane Steve. Now we're even. Three days ago, two of my brother's friends came over. My brother says, "Hey! Let's play Mario Party 4 with four players! That would be fun!" I say, "Okay, cool."

I won all three bonus stars.

I did not win.

I took second.

The guy who beat me said (and I quote) MORE THAN ONCE that night, "Where's the A button?"

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Note: Three nights later I dreamt about Chupperson Weird. Who says there's no justice?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2003, 07:06:21 PM »
"Where's the A Button". Never had one of those people beat me before.

Hmmmmm. And the 3 year old seems to think that you play the MP2 mini-game Roll Call by jamming the A button as fast as possible and getting to 99 before the time runs out. SO ya, Mario Party appears to be mostly luck. Of course, if I were to play on one of the mini-game oriented boards in MP1 or MP2, I'd 0wn anyone I know.

~I.S.~

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2003, 07:13:28 PM »
I hate my game erasing itself while I'm sleeping. I also hate it when you have to play games where the only way to beat the level is to tap the A button 100 times or you can never beat it. It's like a game on Mario Party 4-I have to tap A 100 times or I'll never beat the game!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2003, 07:20:08 PM »
I don't know if I WANT to forget this, but it did kind of hurt.

Remember Mario Party 1, and all those games that require you to rotate the control stick? Well... I'm awesome (60+ rotations in 10 seconds) at that.... but the first week I got MP1 I played those games so long that my hand had about 7 blisters on it. Still, I'm mad they took those rotation games out... I was unstoppable at them.

~I.S.~

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2003, 09:37:42 PM »
What? Why weren't you using your licensed Nintendo Mario Party glove?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2003, 09:44:18 PM »
Heheh... I got a blister from that game...
Shortly thereafter, there was a report on the news about some video games causing blisters on palms from "rotating the control pad."  Mario Party was mentioned.

As soon as I saw that, I yelled, "I'm a victim!! I was a victim of something that got on the news!!"

It was pretty funny--the incident, that is. :P

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2003, 01:06:32 AM »
When I was playing Pokemon Silver and was going to face Red, my file got deleted!

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/10/2003 2:09:55 PM
Deezer was here.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2003, 01:07:46 PM »
On MK64 I was playing battle on block fort with my brother(He's five years older than me.  I have three brothers).  He was beating me every time until we both had one balloon, him with no item and me with a red shell.  He was in front of me and I drove past him and fired the red shell.  I guess he was right behind me because the red shell turned around and went backwards and killed me.  Everyone was laughing at me and I was SOOOOOO MAD! >:(

Hamster Sauce!

Edited by - Markio on 8/10/2003 12:08:49 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2003, 08:21:04 PM »
Because I have a twin brother who is about exactly as good as me, (we're pretty competitive when it comes to video games) every time I lose is a time I'd like to forget. So, I guess I don't have a particular experience I'd like to forget. But I am noticing a lot of people's bad experiences are in Mario Party.

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2003, 10:12:23 AM »
That's because Mario Party has oodles of pure luck, causing skilled players to get mad when their skill does nothing. Ha! Horrible gamers of the world who don't know where the "A" button is, rejoice!

Print