Print

Author Topic: Two Ganondorfs!!???  (Read 9115 times)

« on: April 12, 2003, 07:44:45 PM »
I saw this subject on the Hyrule Town Square
Boards.I brought it here to see why you think ganondorf is in wind waker & in OOT!
I say he's immortal,but that leads me to something else!Theres 2 zeldas aswell because zeldas been in a lot of LoZ games...

Do you know when we die,we''ll be boos too?
Find your inner monkey.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 08:15:45 PM »
Hah, it's plainly obvious that the Gannondorf in Wind Waker is the very same as that in Ocarina of Time.

It's not that he's immortal, it's that of the Triforce of Power, possibly in conjunction with the being sent to the sacred realm. Actually, now that I think about it, Gerudo's (Spelling error, maybe?) tend to live quite some time. I'd assume that, and the Triforce of Power would prolong his life.

However, I'm very certain they're one in the same.

EDIT: I'd and I'm aren't the same word.

Edited by - Black Mage on 4/13/2003 7:09:56 AM

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 10:27:55 PM »
Well, I read in Nintendo Power, Mr. Myamoto said that each LoZ game has a differnt Zelda/Link and that WW is s'posed to take place 100 years after OoT, but since G-Dorf's people live so long, I'd have to say its the same Gannondorf also.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 10:29:29 PM »
Well, I read in Nintendo Power, Mr. Myamoto said that each LoZ game has a differnt Zelda/Link and that WW is s'posed to take place 100 years after OoT, but since G-Dorf's people live so long, I'd have to say its the same Gannondorf also.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 12:17:28 AM »
Oh, it's definitely the same old Ganondorf.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 03:42:52 PM »
But wouldnt Ganondorf get sick of fighting kids who look the same & have got the same name!?

Find your inner monkey.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 04:32:38 PM »
When I get sick of things, I don't go out and kill myself.

However, I think you may mean that Gannondorf is the same through out the whole Zelda series, in which case I'd say they're not the same. However, I'd also say that they're not in the same time-line.

The only games I can seem to relate are [OoT, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker] and [Zelda I and Zelda II]. Sure, there's talk of Link's Awakening in there, but meh.

Edited by - Black Mage on 4/28/2003 8:51:11 PM

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2003, 08:19:08 PM »
Ganondorf was sealed in time, so he didn't age, and Ganon is a supernatural being, so naturally he'd live longer.
The reason Ganondorf came out is because Ganon needed a right-hand-man for that time period, and Agnighm (spelling?) was dead.  So he picked Ganondorf, the king of the Geredo (spelling again?) tribe.  Then Ganondorf went out and did Ganon's dirty business for him.  Likewise, in chess, you don't see the King going out first thing, he lets his cronies do the work until he's in severe danger, and he has the chance to attack.  Anyway, Ganon and Ganondorf were sealed away in their little Barrier of Time by Zelda, and the Master Sword was the "key".  However, when the Master Sword lost its power, Ganondorf broke free and threatened to destroy the world again.

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 09:03:11 PM »
Agahnim, and Gerudo.
What about A Link to the Past? Is Ganon in that game?

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 01:20:44 AM »
Mario Master,Ganon & Ganondorf are the same person! Ganondorf transformed into Ganon!!!
I guess youre right that he didnt age in the sacred realm...i think that ganondorf has been in it from the start,but he transformed into ganon before link found him!

Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 06:17:46 AM »
Well Ganon appeared in previous games BEFORE Ganondorf was born.  You can't transform into someone else if you don't exist yet.  I think what happened is this:
In the first LOZ, Ganon was defeated by Link with the "Magical Sword".  The Magical Sword was not the Master Sword.  Ganon was not killed, he just disappeared.  Then, in AOL, he returned and once again tried to rule the world.  Another Link rose and triumphed over him, but without the Master Sword.  In LTTP, he broke free once again.  He found Ganondorf and put him as his main man in his army.  Like the Queen, only a man.  Then, yet another Link rose, but too early.  He found the Master Sword, but was too young to be the "Hero of Time", so his spirit had to be kept in the Temple of Light for 7 years.  Once he rose, he defeated Ganon, and returned to his own time period.  However, since this was before Ganon was defeated, he sent the Skull Kid to steal the Majora's Mask.  He distracted Link long enough to nearly destroy Hyrule.  Anyway, to find out more you'll have to play WW.  I'm not spoiling it for anyone.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 11:59:34 PM »
Wait a sec, OoT has the "first" Link in it, right? And am I correct that Majora's Mask has the OoT Link in it?
Then, there's TLoZ and AoL, which have the second Link, LttP has another Link and WW has yet another Link, somewhat in that order.
I could be wrong, but this is my understanding.
I don't know where the Oracle games and Link's Awakening come into all this, though.

That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2003, 06:17:18 AM »
I had the craziest idea: Have you seen the movie "The One"?  Maybe there are different "Link Dimensions".  Each dimension has it's own Link, Master Sword, and Ganon/Ganondorf.  There is also the Dark World, where there was no Link so it was warped by Ganon's evil wishes.  Anyway, each Link has to destroy Ganon, but in a different circumstance.  LOZ, kidnapped Zelda; LttP, get the triforce back; Oot, save the entire world...  etc.  But one thing is for sure: the Link in Oot is the same as in MM.  He has memories of Zelda giving him the Ocarina and memories of Navi.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2003, 07:57:22 AM »
I thought Link was always Link, just at different times. (He does have that Ocarina of Time, right?) I dunno, I've never played a Zelda game, sadly. I have GOT to pick one up. (Although I HAVE played a little bit of WW.) *Sigh...*

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2003, 10:52:05 AM »
"In the first LOZ, Ganon was defeated by Link with the "Magical Sword". The Magical Sword was not the Master Sword. Ganon was not killed, he just disappeared."

Oh, that's not quite correct. Ganon WAS killed. In AoL, the enemies needed the "blood of the one who killed him", or Link, to revive Ganon. Hence, his return.

Personally, I'm sticking with my opinion that, unless noted earlier, that the games basically do not coincide in one time-line. But hey, this is my opinion.

Edited by - Black Mage on 4/17/2003 9:52:41 AM

Print