Print

Author Topic: Two Ganondorfs!!???  (Read 9108 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2003, 05:56:58 PM »
Hyrule is destroyed? Awww maaaan. So much stuff happens that goes right under nose if you don't own a gamecube.

Another thing that bothers me is that link is an adult in ONE HALF of a game. Everyone treats him like he's always been the real link. I didn't even like the 64 link as much as the lttp link(I like the red hair). But myamoto knows best.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.

Edited by - screech on 4/29/2003 5:01:02 PM
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2003, 07:19:50 PM »
Miyamoto has an I in it.
Anyway, yep, since I don't have the Wind Waker yet either, that really spolied it. Thanks.
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2003, 08:28:13 PM »
To my it seems like the Link on Link's Awakening is one from a past Zelda game. Like the one from A Link to the Past. Also, you don't play as Link in Wind Waker. It's just some other kid dressed up like Link. About there being two Ganondorfs... There was acually something that said that would be a continuous number of Links and a cunsecutive number of Zeldas, but there would be one and only one Ganondorf Dragmire. In OoT Ganondorf gets sucked up into the one thing (I've never seen it, just heard it) making there no Ganondorf, just Ganon. Or did that mean that both forms got sucked up or whatever? Maybe Ganondorf escaped but in the form of Ganon. I wouldn't know much about the Ganon in WW because I rented the game and only saw him once.

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 4/30/2003 7:29:20 PM

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2003, 11:11:19 PM »
Ganondorf has a last name???  When did I miss this???

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2003, 12:11:22 AM »
Whoa his name is Ganondorf Dragmire!?
Thatll be a cool username!

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2003, 08:18:50 PM »
So as I said back there, there can't be 2 Ganondorfs because of what I have found. Remember that I never said there couldn't be 2 -Ganons-. That I'm know nothing about, there being two Ganons, that is. Maybe instead of there being to Ganondorfs there are acually 2 Ganons. I don't know.

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2003, 12:31:56 AM »
i found out today while playing Oracle of Ages(I played a file that had the code to go to holodrum from Oracle of Seasons)After I saved Nayru from Ambi's Castle from Veran,Nayru teleported myself,Ralph,(Nayrus long time friend)& herself,back to the Maku Tree(A female tree that watches over Labryanna)& Twinrova skizzed past on there broomsticks saying about a Flame of Sorrow
that will revive the Evil King!Obviously the Evil King is Ganondorf,or Ganon,so what im saying is Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons is right after LTTP or Zelda 1.Im leaning more towards LTTP though.....

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2003, 06:32:08 PM »
So that answers it! Twinrova made Ganon come back from that one thing he got sucked into or whatever! That clearly shows that the Ganon in WW is the same Ganon that was from OoT! You got it? Case closed.

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2003, 07:17:07 PM »
No, it doesn't. Ganondorf was freed because the Master Sword lost it's power.

Anyway, I agree with what Hirocon said a while back: the story keeps changing (Hyrule being flooded, Hyrule NOT being flooded)because the game is called The LEGEND of Zelda. Because this game series is supposed to be from long into the past, the Legend must have been passed down from generation to generation, and no one really knows the real story anymore, so there are many variations of the tale.

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2003, 04:10:48 PM »
Oh, OK. In what game did the Master Sword lose it's power, Wind Waker? Hyrule was flooded?

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 5/8/2003 3:15:41 PM

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2003, 06:46:29 PM »
*****************SPOILER ALERT***************

Yes, Hyrule was flooded in the Wind Waker. And the Master Sword lost it's power in the Wind Waker, so Link has to get the Master Sword back to power by beating 2 dungeons.

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2003, 03:42:59 PM »
I never looked at this before, but I just did and here's what I know. Don't worry, no spoilers allowed in my house.

Miyamoto once said he didn't want to pin the Zelda story down when asked about the story differences in the original, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina. As the Mario series also shows, his games sort of relate but there's definately no concrete continuity. The Zelda series, however, has been getting more and more "pinned down." I've played EVERY Zelda excepting the CD-i things and read EVERY manual and story. I've beaten them all except the NES ones. Here is THE deal:

There are three storyline dimensions that fit concretely together: the Original dimension, the Uncle dimension, and the Deku dimension. I randomly gave them these names one bored day in study hall.

THE ORIGINAL DIMENSION:
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: Link's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

THE UNCLE DIMENSION:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

THE DEKU DIMENSION:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time/Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

As you can see, I think mainstream appeal and Capcom involvement has tamed the Zelda story down, since the latest seven of the eleven games have all been in the same dimension. Now for explanations.

THE ORIGINAL DIMENSION: This is easy. Zelda II says, "After defeating Ganon" and everything fits. Link's Awakening does the same thing.

THE UNCLE DIMENSION: The SNES ushered in a new age of technology and a new age of Zelda story. You have an uncle and Hyrulian history and the Triforce are different.

THE DEKU DIMENSION: The next game screwed up the story even more and you were a Kokiri with a dead mom and a history of Hyrulian war. Majora's Mask fits after that since you're living your seven years and looking for Navi and Epona. The Oracles fit with Twinrova and all, but I'm not sure whether they come before or after the Majora incident. Four Swords fits since you just go to a temple. And The Wind Waker wraps it all up with -ahem- direct references.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2003, 11:36:25 PM »
Well, I have to say. That makes sense. I just need to play the ones I haven't played (All the games from the "Deku Dimension" except OoT and TWW, and TWW only at the store.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2003, 12:35:14 AM »
Deku dimension games best.:P
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2003, 12:07:19 PM »
Very true, probably because they're all the most recent.

Zelda, like good wine, only improves with age.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Print