Print

Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY FOREVER!!  (Read 16389 times)

« on: May 03, 2003, 09:51:48 PM »
hey i know its kinda dumb to post ff stuff on a mario site but i cant stop thinking about it... if anyone else would like to test their knowledge with mine feel free to do so..

I don't enjoy talking about FF1 on NES ff2 on NES and FF9 on PSone BUT DONT GET ME WRONG, IVE PLAYED EVERYONE AND HAVE BEATEN EVERYONE except FF1 so dont come smartin off info you think i dont know about either of them. oh and does anyone know where to get Dark Cloud 2 Gameshark codes?? i cant find working codes any where. if u have ne, email me at gunblade115@yahoo.com i have an interest in making RPGs on RM2K and if ne one has a RELIABLE source to a page where i might find music,charsets,chipsets,or ne other stuff for it, PLEASE i beg of you to post a link, or email me at the email address i gave you

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 12:00:29 AM »
 My, my, my. Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

Quite the avid Final Fantasy fan, eh? I also enjoy my rounds through the games, and have also completed all of them. Rather, I have completed all of them. Final Fantasy I isn't so bad, and if you don't mind me asking, why haven't you beaten that one? It's not so bad if you take the time to level up. But then, that can be said about any RPG. Either way, if you need assisstance in it, please, let me know.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 12:28:48 PM »
i also have to add final fantasy 7 is my alltime favorite games!! Its the best RPG ive ever played and in response to me not beating ff1, im not too interested in it, though im sure if i tried it would be worth my while, i own ff origins and its graphics were greatly enhanced

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 03:40:20 PM »
I agree, sephiroth rocks!

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 08:51:44 PM »
 While, it's nice that you bought FFO, I don't feel buying it for the graphical addition is a good reason to buy it. I mean, it doesn't hurt the games, really, but having better graphics shouldn't make you want to play the game more so than before.

Had you said due to the deeper re-translation, I may have had more of an understanding as to why you like FF games. However, currently, I believe that you, in part, buy them for their flashy graphics. I may be wrong, I may not be. However, FFI is a very well done game. I suggest you finish it. I'm glad you do realize that it wouldn't be a waste of your time.

As you may ask, I bought FFO to check out the translation of FFII. I don't understand enough japanese to get exactly what the Wonderswan version text as well as I would have liked. So, I made comparisons to the old Fan-Translated version. It was well done, considering they needed to change the names. Rather, shorten them. None-the-less, I have lost interest in this post. Take it as you wish.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 07:47:02 AM »
"None-the-less, I have lost interest in this post."

Rats. I was waiting for you to post again to make sure that you were still checking this topic so I could ask you a question. Looks like my plan backfired.

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 05:27:20 PM »
 By "this post," I was refering to my individual post, not the topic in general.

If you have a question, by all means, ask it. Although, I cannot guarantee I have an answer.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 05:35:44 PM »
Ah. I was wondering why you used the word "post" instead of "topic." Turns out I had it all wrong. Well, that's good, anyway.

My question doesn't have anything to do with Final Fantasy; I hope that doesn't disappoint you. This is the topic I noticed you posting in most recently, so I decided to ask you in here. My question is very simple: Did you get my e-mail?

Lizard Dude’s sig is my favorite.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 07:31:21 PM »
i cant agree more w/screech.

and i dont just buy the final fantasy games for thier "flashy" graphics i enjoy every ff their ever was. but there is a bad seed in every one. FF X2 i think it will be  an annoying game and overall a game for the pervs who only go for *** appeal. im not saying i dont enjoy girlz, but they went too far with it. it absolutely ruins the line of FFs

The Penguins are coming to take us all away!!! FOREVER!! So says Boss. S.K.A.: Tonfa

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2003, 08:09:46 PM »
Watoad, yes, I recieved your E-mail, as I'm positive you know.

gunblade88, which I just realized is from FF8, I'm sorry if I came off pompouse, but I will undoubtedly do it again, but I'll try to watch my tongue.

One thing I'm unclear of, is your "Bad Seed" remark. Do you mean that there is a "Bad Seed" in every game, meaning part of the game, or a "Bad Seed" in every series, meaning a whole game?

On both accounts, you'd be right. However, you must say "Bad Seeds." Every FF game I've played, all of them, have a part in which I dread playing. However, I must say, if you mean in the series, which I believe you do, I definitly feel you're correct. Let's take FFVIII for example. Bad Seed doesn't begin to describe it. Hell, I remember waiting for it to come out. Pre-ordered it and everything. Oh boy, was I disapointed. However, I won't go into that here. Also, FFX would also be included in this category. However, my thoughts are once again wandering, so, if you have anymore you would like to say, or if you disagree, respond, and allow me the pleasure of reading your arguements. Thanks.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 01:24:33 PM »
Personally, I like Chrono Trigger a lot more than the Final Fantasy games.
I don't know why I posted that here, but oh well.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 01:50:40 PM »
 That would probably be due to the fact that Chrono Trigger IS better than many of the Final Fantasys. Not all, mind you, as I'd say Final Fantasy Tactics and a few others stand strong against it, but CT is definitly one of the best that came from Square. Definitly.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2003, 05:17:03 PM »
 you may take that remark how you want, but i meant in the series. yes my name did come from ff8 which WAS a total bomb. the reason behind my picking this name was that i would rather have gunblade88 than buster88 or katana88. besides the gunblade is such an awesome sword. but it just now occured to me that i could have chosen masamune88...*sigh* anyway final fantasy 10 wasnt AS dissapointing as ff8. but maybe the whole job thingy will make the game better...hopefully. and i would like to say once more that i cant agree more with screech and say that Sephiroth is the bombdiggity and id like to say that ff7 still remains my favorite game. CT was an awesome game and better than many ffs tactics i cant say was my favorite final fantasy and i can say CT was better, but thats a matter of opinion so dont take it like its an arguing topic thingy...anyway i think my second favorite was FF2 on SNES or FF4 on PSone heck why dont i make a top 10?

1 Final Fantasy 7
2 Final Fantasy 2 or 4
3 Final Fantasy 5
4 Final Fantasy 6 or 3
5 Final Fantasy 1
6 Final Fantasy 2 on NES
7 Final Fantasy Tactics
8 Final Fantasy 9
9 Final Fantasy 8
10 Fianal Fantasy 10..kinda anticlimactic huh?

well there it is, id like to see everyone elses opinions and top 10 list. OH and there is a god awesome story called saving Dinosaur Land on the story board, ive done a little on it but the credit has to go to Screech T. Hedgehog, one of my personal buddies. Anyway, please put ur feedback on it to keep the story alive. its kinda long so you migh want to read it in sections.

The penguins will take us all away!! So says Boss AKA: Tonfa

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 07:06:56 PM »
That is true, you could have used the Masamune as a name as opposed to a Gunblade. However, then you would be much like the many, many other Final Fantasy fans, to whom I condemn, who often only know of the sword from FFVII. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult you at all, for you hadn't chosen that name. Yet, Chrono Trigger was proof of what I'm saying. Rather, the translation of CT. Frog's "Masamune" was never intended to be the "Masamune" at all. The fact that Frog uses a Broadsword is a dead give away. In fact, Frog's sword is the "Grand Lion." A while back, I was more learned on the subject, but from what I recall, Ted Woosley, a very well known Ex-Translator for Nintendo, re-named it to "Masamune" so Final Fantasy fans could better relate to the game.

Things such as that get under my skin. As do people who have just play FF due to it's popularity. You came across as the former, to me from your original post. I have changed my opinion of you, since then. However, once again, I've veered off of my original point; Rambling.

A top ten, eh? Oh, I've done this many times, often changing it as I've re-played games. Let me see what I can come up with and how it compares to yours.

----
1) Final Fantasy IV;
  - A great, great game. Beautiful story, well developed characters, and an equally amazing sound track. What a great way to jump into 16 bits.

2) Final Fantasy Tactics;
  - Just as amazing as FFIV. This was a very difficult decision to make. FFT has my favorite job system to date, some-what challenging battles, Very, very well done plot, and the characters are well developed while they're "guests." My main gripe was that characters vital to the plot had nothing more to say once they became generic members of your party. But, I can't think of a better way to do it, while having them expendable at the same time.

3) Final Fantasy;
  - Started it all. While the story isn't spoon fed to you like current RPGs, it's there. It's also very good as well. I like the job system as well, not to mention the pure fun factor of it all. Another good point is that it's a challenge, no walking through this game.

4) Final Fantasy VI;
  - Phew, another beautifully done game. The story is great, music, characters, the whole game is great. The development of some characters is much less then others, but then, they do get some development.

5) Final Fantasy VII;
  - The only "modern" FF I actually enjoyed. A very deep story, well done character development, and an interesting Materia system. My main complaint is the Materia system, as it allows no individuality between the characters, meaning you could have the same on all of them and easily play through the game. A few HP/MP up, W-Summon and Knights of the Round makes the game awful easy, and I'm not even mentioning Mimic.

6) Final Fantasy V;
  - Ah, yes. Skipped in favor of FF6 during the first release. The plot and characters weren't terrible, but could be better. However, the Job System made the game quite fun. Oddly enough, changing your class often was better than actually leveling yourself up.

7) Final Fantasy III;
  - A step backwards from FFII in the plot direction, but a step forward in fun factor. This was the rise of the Modern Job Class system. The plot and characters were okay, but nothing special. However, I loved it.

8) Final Fantasy II;
  - Ah yes, the controversial FFII. It's difficult if you don't know what you're doing, and extremely easy if you do. The plot was a major jump from FFI, and actually featured Character development. However, it just wasn't as fun to play.

9) Final Fantasy IX;
  - Well, it wasn't so good. Once past the nostalgia of the elder games, and the return of Black Mages, it didn't feature much. But, hey, it was better than VIII.

10) Final Fantasy VIII;
   - Ah yes, FF VIII. To some, the greatest FF of all time. To me, terrible, only rivaled by FFX. I'm no stranger to Love Stories, as I'm a rather large Anime fan, but the characters just weren't made for it. Squall, who doesn't care about anything, and Rinoa, who is your average girl, until the end, just don't go that well together, I think. Not to mention the ending was horrid, what a terrible FMV. Don't get me started on Junctioning.

11) Final Fantasy X;
   - Ah yes, FFVIII all over again, joy. Terrible, simply terrible. Re-used plot, the characters have been done, and the introduction of the Junctio.. er Sphere Grid system. Horrible. Barely worth the, rather small, amount of time it took to play.

Oh my, it's a top 11. Oh well.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2003, 07:14:34 PM »
i hate it when you sit and type for 30 minutes and then EVERYTHING gets deleted, well that just happened to me...AHHHH!! *gumbles to self*
Ok since when you posted that in depth top 11 list,it left me kinda in the dust hehe :P, i guess ill post one, i left out a game so dont think im copying you or anything k? *sigh* guess ill start over again.

1 Final Fantasy VII: this game is the most awesome game ive play (*s******s to self* hehe proper grammer and everything) i think that when you use materia in ff 7, your supposed to experiment with it and have variation. now if you wanna get cheap, you can use the materia like that, but i find the fun in exploring in variation and changing out materia, that sort of thing. The story...very original and very good but for some reason there is always something about ancients or people of old time in almost every ff. The soundtrack is...Awesome!! my favorite song in that game is Cid's theme, althogh sephiroth is my fav character, cid falls in a very very close 2nd. the replay value? i could take the memory card out and start over 100 times!! i love that game, but mostly replay value is a matter of opinion, so thats as deep in as ill go into that. The characters i also think are AWESOME! My fav? you guessed it! seohiroth and my most hated character wich falls even below cait sith? Tifa Lockheart...*shudders* I prefer Aeris Gainsborough...ok that settles it, im a nerd.

2 Final Fantasy IV: It was my verry first RPG to ever play i was 7 then (if you want to see my verry verry first game to play, look at the 1st fav games forum,) You took the words out of my mouth when you said a huge jump into 16 bit. the story i could once again play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...count those...the soundtrack is great but i prefer ff7 and hmm..oh yeah the characters...at first i was confused but then again at 7 i was immature and easily bored the story plot was allright, i liked it and got interested when my brother started playing and i saw him pass a part that i couldn't figure out.However silly it may sound

3 Final Fantasy V: There's really not much to say about it.I liked the job thing but the plot was EXTREMELY like one, the four heroes to save the world and the different jobs, but the only difference that ive found is that you can change jobs and that you can travel to a different world. I havnt played all the way through the game so correct me if im wrong. the sound? i like the sound, but ff2s was way more appealing

4. Final Fantasy VI: I like the graphics in this one, i noticed that they jumped from FFV graphics to FFVI hehe that sounded stupid, what i mean is lets say a comparison between SMB and SMW ok? thats about how much they jumped up.the sound its good and the characters are allright. I like the magitek armor and the storyline is original from the rest of the final fantasies.

5. Final Fantasy: It was originally on NES but i dont have to tell you that do i? i just now actually picked up the remote and played it while LIKING it. The sound is ok seeing as its on NES. right? well the characters have no depth because you make them up. i guess the depth in the character is about as deep as you put into them. The story is original seeing as it was pretty much the first and original RPG that got everything started.

6(I left this one out) Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The game is pretty good. I like the music enough, but the downside or good side if you choose is that you cant buy weapons, and you can't move freely on the world map. of cours its pretty much like Ledgend of Dragoon another great creation of Square or vice' verse'. i do like the main character and the SNES graphics did good seeing as it was made at about the same time as 4 on SNES. Its mostly the character graphics and the battles aren't random!!! Thank God!!!

7 Final Fantasy II: There's not much to say about this game except 2 things, its very like FF1 but since it was made on NES they didn't have much of a choice. And there was one thing they did change, how you level up, you level your weapons up, and that makes it all the more realistic.

8 Final Fantasy Tactics: This game is one of a kind and is very enjoyable. The story plot is very original and it has a high replay value. The battles are amazing. They couldn't be more realistic. If you cheat on this game, it gets very boring very fast. But if your playing to experience the full game, you will have the time of your life. The graphics aren't 3d but the spinning camera blends well enough with the sprites. The job system is great. I hope, though a little off topic, FFx2 will be like this. The job system is THE BEST ive ever played. Unfortunately i like freedom in the games. So i don't like the World map, or that your limited on how far you can walk. It's very weird because the character in the very begining looks extremely like a character that  i made up. i drew this guy before i saw the game so when i saw the guy i was a little freaked, but i got over it and changed him up a little. I would have rated this a little higher but i rather enjoy playing the original types where you can run around a map and be free!! o o
                            u
9 Final Fantasy IX: I HATE this game, almost worse than FF8. The people are very unproportionate and they try to add a comic mood to this but i just didnt get it. The music is ok...but thats only part of it. The gameplay is like FF8 except maybe a little more interactive.

10 Final Fantasy VIII: At first the movie kind of made me a little optimistic and got my hopes up that the game would be just as good as the beginning movie. I'm talking about the great job they did on the movie. oh and the music is sensational, unfortunately they made it a cheesy love story and even added an English song :* i dont understand how the characters fit together. and if i had to choose a favorite character i would choose Zell, and a least favorite Squall. They put more depth into Seifers character. The replay value for me was 0. nuff said

11 Final Fantasy X: This game was GREAT in the graphics, the lip movement was ok and the music i didnt enjoy, the only music i enjoyed was the final battle with Ject...rock music! thats the only good thing i have to say about FFX

The penguins will take us all away!! So says Boss AKA: Tonfa

Edited by - Gunblade88 on 5/17/2003 4:31:56 PM

Print