Print

Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY FOREVER!!  (Read 16390 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2003, 07:45:45 PM »
I don't follow the series from the beginning, so I guess I am the kind of fan that black mage doesn't like. I still like ff7 though.

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2003, 10:26:50 PM »
Hmm. I've only played FF2(IV) and III (VI?) for more than 2 minutes, so I don't really know about much of the other games.

Hmm, Black Mage, I was wondering myself why there was a Masamune in two different games. I thought maybe it was just a common term or something. I did read somewhere that it was akin to Excalibur. Do you know anything more on this matter?
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 02:24:18 PM »
Well, as I said, I did know more on this topic before, but I believe I've retained enough to tell what I can remember about the Masamune.

The Masamune is a sword of legend in Japan. There are various different tales about them, but I'll see if I refer to only one or not; Masamune, is actually the name of a sword smith. He is called that, however, his real name is Goro Nyudo. Anyway, it is said that the Masamune was a sword that sheds no blood upon its cut. (Hence, no blood is seen when Sephiroth uses it to kill a particular character in FFVII) Well, Muramasa, another sword smith, swore that he'd make a better sword than Masamune, and so, challenged him and his sword. Muramasa placed his sword in a river, and the fallen cherry blossoms in the stream all were cut sharply in two. Following this, Masamune put his blade into the river. All of the cherry blossoms moved around the sword. Not one was cut. And so, Masamune won.

That's just a legend though, so who knows if it's true. However, there are a few swords still around with Masamune's signature on them. They have a distinctive style, I've read. A wavy sort of motion on the blade. It's quite interesting to read about, actually.

So, as to why it's used in so many games, I'd say that mainly because it's a popular sword of legend. Masamune is said to be one of, if not, the greatest sword smiths of all time. If this didn't answer your question, let me know. I'd be happy to try and answer it correctly.

EDIT: I spelt 'greatest' wrong, that's a new one.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/18/2003 8:20:17 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 09:42:44 PM »
That seems to answer my query quite well. That's pretty cool.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2003, 05:35:33 PM »
up until now ive posted on the lighter boxes. just wanted to note that.

I've EDITED my 2nd top 10 list and i think everyone will be more satisfied with it. I'd like other people to visit my site too. its under construction so itll be updated slowly as i move along. www.freewebs.com/animespace

The penguins will take us all away!! So says Boss AKA: Tonfa

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2003, 06:33:27 PM »
Sephiroth kills a certain character in FFVII.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2003, 09:19:55 AM »
"6(I left this one out) Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The game is pretty good. I like the music enough, but the downside or good side if you choose is that you cant buy weapons, and you can't move freely on the world map. of cours its pretty much like Ledgend of Dragoon another great creation of Square or vice' verse'. i do like the main character and the SNES graphics did good seeing as it was made at about the same time as 4 on SNES. Its mostly the character graphics and the battles aren't random!!! Thank God!!!"

Yeah, it seems I forgot that one as well, however there is a reason for that. Also, you forgot FFIII as well. Since all of the things you posted are your opinions, I won't debate anything, unless you wish to. However I will give my opinion of "Final Fantasy:" Mystic Quest.

12) Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest:
    - Ah yes, I did forget to mention this, with good reason. In Japan, this game is known as FF:USA. That would be because Square USA decided to create their own game as opposed to releasing FFV to America. How nice of them. Yet, this game was terrible. The story was horrible. Just horrible. It was very generic, and I felt, had little though put into it. The fact that you could jump bothered me a  little, considering it had the name "Final Fantasy" in the title, and then, I was introduced to the characters. All I can say about this game is; I had a better time playing FFVIII. FFX is a close one, but I think I'll put this one last.

"Sephiroth kills a certain character in FFVII."

That he does. I could have sworn I checked to make sure I had it right more than once. Ah well, thanks for pointing that out.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2003, 10:16:49 AM »
yes i agree that the game is a little bad, but i seemed to enjoy it enough.

have any of you ever played Ledgend of Dragoon or Vargrant Story? These were great games and i liked them alot. though they both can get a little difficult at times. If you haven't played these games, you should start, because they are better than most final fantasies.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2003, 11:18:50 AM »
I've played both. Vagrant Story was alright. I didn't find anything real special about it, though.

However, Legend of Dragoon, unlike the many I've talk to who've played it, I hated it. It's not that it was hard, mainly because I didn't feel it was all that difficult, but it was mainly the dialouge. I just couldn't stand it.

To me, it felt poorly written. I don't know, when it comes to dialouge and plots, I'm quite picky. It's just, the dialouge made the game less enjoyable to play through. Meh, maybe my standards are too high.

However, Valkryie Profile is a game I enjoyed. I suggest you try that one out, if you haven't already.

EDIT: I didn't think you could over use "meh," but it seems, I had.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/19/2003 4:40:13 AM

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 06:13:12 PM »
Hmmm... on another note, what is you favorite game of all time? anyone can reply, of course. Mine? Well...final fantasy 7 is a close one, but ill take this with another view. My most enjoyable game that ive ever played has to be all Super Mario World. It's a big step away from Final Fantasy seven, but i think it was it. Besides, im really good at it.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2003, 06:34:56 PM »
 My favorite game of all time is easily "Tales of Phantasia." While it was never released on American shores, it is a very well thought out, comical, and fun RPG. I love it, everything about it. It came out during the SNES' dying age, and was revamped for the PSX awhile back.

A very fun game. A very, very, fun game.

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2003, 12:33:14 PM »
im back and would like to ask about final fantasy crystal chronicles...i wanted to know if anyone out there has heard of it or know ANYTHING about it. oh and i have to say...FINALY BACK TO NINTENDO!!! yay!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2003, 12:56:25 PM »
Welcome Back.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Yeah, I've heard of it. I had followed it for some time, but had quit fairly recently.

I like the idea of Final Fantasy returning to Nintendo, yet from what I hear, FF:CC is exactly the sort of game I dislike: the use of a popular name to sell.

FF:CC is supposed to veer off from traditional RPGs. That's something I don't care for, all that much. I enjoy the traditional RPG sort of game, and long for the return of such in the Final Fantasy series.

Alas, such is only a dream, as with the popularity of such games as Final Fantasy X, it seems the New generation of gamers enjoy such bland garbage. Well, whatever, FF:CC is supposed to be quite different. I'll hold my opinions of it until I can play through it. However, I had also heard of such rumors of the need of a GBA to play it, which would also not be to my liking.  Ah well, I just hope it turns out alright.

A good site to find information on it is:

http://Http://www.rpgamers.com

Edited by - Black Mage on 8/11/2003 11:58:22 AM

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2003, 07:32:01 AM »
ok thanks!!

To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2003, 07:32:09 AM »
GAH!! Double Post!!!

To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.

Edited by - gunblade88 on 8/12/2003 3:55:55 PM

Print