Print

Author Topic: Weird Games You Have Been Given.  (Read 2988 times)

« on: May 03, 2003, 10:01:06 PM »
I got Banjo-Kazzoie one time for Christmas &...file one was finished!!!!! Freaky...

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 10:09:33 PM »
I got one called Parappa the Rapper. You don't know weird until you've played and beaten this game.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 10:11:07 PM »
Ah, yes, Banjo-Kazooie. I used to be able to beat that game completely (That is, with ALL collectables) in under 10 hours back when I was really into it. Man, I used to be AMAZING at that game.

The strangest thing I've gotten was the day I decided to go to FuncoLand (Back when it was called "FuncoLand") to purchase an NES. I recieved with it a copy of SMB(1) with a large sticker on the back reading "Property of David Matthew Garmany" on it. And it works about 10x better than the copy I originally had.

It wasn't really a gift, but I've never gotten a "weird" game as a gift. Of course, I've gotten BAD games, not weird ones though.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 09:42:43 PM »
I've only gotten one game as a gift, and that's Animal Crossing. It is sorta weird, but...
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 08:35:46 AM »
Perhaps the Weirdest Game of All...

I once got this NES game called King of Kings as a gift for Easter - that was a LONG time ago... King of Kings is a... um, Christian religion game... Don't ask. Anyway, that game was not licensed by Nintendo (?!) so it had a ton of graphical errors and glitches.

King of Kings consisted of three sub-games in one cartridge. One game in particular was a complete rip-off of Super Mario Bros. 2. You played as Joseph who was trying to get to the inn where Baby Jesus was born. The levels of that game were desgined exactly like the levels from Super Mario Bros. 2, with falling water logs and similar (yet bland) backgrounds.

That part of King of Kings had tons of glitches and graphical errors. I remember playing through the game, and suddenly the screen changed to this twisted black and green blotches with no background or platforms. I was still playing the game - somehow - and I could get through part of the "level" by jumping on invisible platforms with enemies suddenly appearing everywhere. Strange game indeed...

Throughout each of the three sub-games, you would find tiny scrolls which gave a question from the Bible. If you answered the question correctly, that would be your save point in the level. Yes, it was a strange, yet unique feature of this equally strange, yet unique game.

I can now understand why there are no longer any religion games... :)

P.S.: I know the game wasn't licensed by Nintendo because there was tiny print on the bottom of the cartrige label: "This game is not licensed or endorsed by Nintendo."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 5/5/2003 7:39:42 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 10:29:21 AM »
I have a game similar to that.  Another Christian game.  You can play "Noah's Ark",Baby Moses", or something else.  Anyway there was no way to finish Noah's Ark because they left out one of the animals.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 10:46:54 AM »
Ugh. I have that Noah's Ark game, too. Christmas present. I played it when we first got it for a little bit, but would rather play SM All-Stars or SMW. :)

It had this "piggyback" feature--you had to put the game in the SNES, then hook another game on top of it in order for it to work.

Anyway, it was really weird. You had a sling shot and had to shoot food at the animals to get them to calm down and sleep. The sling shot could be upgraded into a "machine gun" type one. ...Ookay... My mom became addicted to that game for a while. lol

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 08:50:16 PM »
I've played an NES game called "Bible Adventures," and it was unlicensed as well.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 03:19:11 PM »
Blinx the Time Sweeper for X-Box. Think Luigi's Mansion, but instead of Luigi and ghosts, it's cats and weird creatures caused by time distortions. And there's no mansion. Oh, the horror. I only played it once. Such a waste.

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #2

"I`d attack you right now, but neither of us are wearing pants."

Edited by - Frostbite on 5/22/2003 3:02:25 PM

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 08:29:31 PM »
One time i got a gameboy game called "a boy and his blob recue of princess blobetty" you had to feed a fat blob jelly beans now that was weird...

p.s. bible adventures!?!?!? send me the ROM lol!!!!!

"elmo knows where you live"
"elmo knows where you live"

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 09:10:16 PM »
http://seanbaby.com/nes/basedoncrap02.htm

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #2

"I`d attack you right now, but neither of us are wearing pants."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 10:45:00 PM »
So you did get an Xbox, eh, frostbite?
That was a joke.