Print

Author Topic: Why does every1 hate pokemon  (Read 12777 times)

« on: July 07, 2003, 06:59:28 PM »
Ok the show sucks, but the games and cards are fun.  why dont you try the games.  U no there fun.  And ur complaining on how the xbox fans say mario is gay and a kiddy game, but ur saying the same thing about pokemon (almost!)Be kind to ur electric rats!

"I go to many oversea places, like Canada."- Britany Spears

Edited by - very_shy_guy29 on 7/7/2003 6:01:06 PM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 07:15:02 PM »
 Ya know, you almost made a very good point, at the end of your first paragraph.

However, I can answer for most of these people.

When Pokémon first came about, they all played the games and watched the show. Boy, was it fun. They had a great time playing cards, and battling their little pocket pals.

All was good for awhile. Pokémon was popular, everyone enjoyed it. In fact, everyone, except for a few, really loved it.

But then, time moved on. The fad wavered in strength, the popularity was dying down. Suddenly, people began to realize how much money they spent on their former pocket companions.

The realization led to anger, anger led to hate, and hate led to, well, more hate. You see, suddenly, it became cool to hate everything Pocket Monsters. Pikachu went from being everybody's best friend to public enemy number one. Who cares if the games were fun, it's cool to hate!

Some won't admit ever liking Pokémon, some will. Some have disliked it all along. It saddens me, really, the first games were actually quite fun, solid RPGs. I mean, that's what counts right?

I'm on the outside looking in; I don't hate Pokémon, but I never loved it, either. I played the games, and I had fun. Feh, if you want to hate it, go ahead, if you like it, hey, I don't mind. Just have fun, either way, while respecting each other's opinions.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 08:07:55 PM »
I dont hate it! But I do get made fun of for liking it! I wish it was popular again!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 08:16:15 PM »
Yes, fads I understand.  But some people on this board seem to REALLY hate pokemon!  They act like it's not a real nintendo game!  All Im saying is pokemon deserves more respect.  (no matter how corny it sounds!)

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 09:53:33 AM »
If you're talking about me because I started that stupid Anti-Pokemon Story, then maybe it's time I explain that a little better.

When Pokemon first started I was one of the few people who didn't buy into it. Then one of my friends got me into it. And now I realise that I was toataly stupid for doing so. And I am not able to look back on it and laugh. I think of how much money and time I wasted. And how much money/time I made my mom waste, and it sickens me.

I have heard of the evils that Pokemon bring out in people. I heard on the news about a stabing over a Pokemon card. My friend stole Pokemon cards from his other friends.

This is what really told me that Pokemon really brought out the worst of children. And I just simply hate those stupid things now. And besides they're fun to kill.

Edited by - Dr. Mario on 7/8/2003 11:17:27 AM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 12:13:09 PM »
 That explanation doesn't really please me. Mainly because you're blindly placing the blame.

"I have heard of the evils of Pokemon. I heard on the news about a stabbing over a Pokemon card. My friend stole Pokemon cards from his other friends. "

Yes, you see, you're blaming Pokémon for what your friends did. Pokémon didn't make them do such things, they chose to do it on their own. It's temptation, buddy.

It seems you hate Pokémon because of that. Well, I'll tell you what. Those little guys didn't advertise themselves. They had a little help, from a company we call Nintendo. If you're hate should be placed anywhere, should it not be on those who persuaded you to waste your money? Nah.

"This is what really told me that Pokemon really brought out the worst of children. And I just simply hate those stupid things now."

You've proven the point I was making in my first post. However, if you think this way, then I can give you something else you should hate. Religion. Religion has brought out the worst in people. It doesn't range from simple theft, and even stabbing, though. One thing that comes to mind were those Crusades. You know, millions of people slaughtered, all in the name of God. Ah, that sounds a lot like modern times! Israel Versus Palestine! The Jews Versus The Muslims!

People are dying there every day over this conflict. Why? Because they can't get along. I'm not going into the details of the situation, as I'm sure most of you are aware of such things, but my point is simple. You hate Pokémon because you've seen the "evils" they cause. However, it's not Pokémon causing such things, it's the people involved in it. It simply acts as a stimulus, something which ANYTHING can be, if one strongly believes in it.

To put it simply, to hate Pokémon, Religion, or anything else, for those reasons, is simply narrowminded. You're placing such feelings in the wrong place.

Hm, that came out a bit more jumbled than I would have liked, but I think it's understandable.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 12:16:33 PM »
YOu misunderstand me. I wasn't really balming Pokemon for those things. I was saying them to point out that they bring out the evil in poeople. Pokemon is not directly responsible, but it brought out what my friend felt was the need to steal the cards,  and what that kid on the news felt was the need to stab his friend.

Edited by - Dr. Mario on 7/8/2003 11:22:49 AM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 12:33:54 PM »
 Alright, that's fine. My mistake.

However, if that is not the reason you hate them so much, I fail to find a reason in your post.

That is, unless of course, you hate it, because you spent so much money.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 01:09:10 PM »
Whoa, Black Mage is good at explaining things!

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 01:38:30 PM »
 I don't really like pokémon, but if someones around that does I just go with the flow.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

gone crazy! be back later
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 08:20:58 PM »
"However, if that is not the reason you hate them so much, I fail to find a reason in your post."

I felt that very_shy_guy29 was adressing me in perticular, because I started the Anti-Pokemon Story thread.

Edited by - Dr. Mario on 7/8/2003 7:22:41 PM

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 02:59:45 PM »
Not only that, but they also acted like they weren't nintendo characters on the what if mario died topic.  And ten years later, well all be saying "and I thought about all the money I wasted on mario games and products"
And most of the time, when fads pass, they're frogotten.  But according to the "what if mario died" and "The anti-pokemon story" topics you hated it.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 04:29:37 PM »
I am one of the few people who still like pokemon.I don't like the cards or the T.V show,but the games rock.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2003, 06:44:49 PM »
I never quit liking it.

[this signature was deleted by an angry spoon]
[this signature was deleted by an angry spoon]

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 09:15:38 PM »
Most people hate Pokemon because, not to offend anyone, but it's just stupid!  Did you know that 4Kids ruined Pokemon?  I read on a website that Pokemon could have been so much more popular, if they hadn't made it so dumb, unintelligent, and kiddy.

The master of multiplayer Mario games: You''re looking at him right now!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 09:34:07 PM »
What the heck is 4Kids?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2003, 04:36:21 PM »
thay make the show.  Did u see the first 5 episodes?  They were so action-packed!  Then 4kids decided 2 tone it down.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 04:57:41 PM »
Your hair smells like kitty litter.

"Most parents tell thier children to drink milk to be big and strong... for some reason my parents told me to drink pudding"
"Most parents tell thier children to drink milk to be big and strong... for some reason my parents told me to drink pudding"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 05:24:49 PM »
"thay make the show."

They dub the show. There's a difference.

"Did u see the first 5 episodes? They were so action-packed! Then 4kids decided 2 tone it down."

Actually, from what I've read, 4Kids Productions has kept much of the content intact. While in the earlier episodes, I'm to understand there was the slowing down of flash effects and such, due to the whole situation in Japan.

However, plot and dialouge both remained as unchanged as allowed. Of the limited episodes I've seen, I recall a joke that was in need of a change. In the Japanese version, Misty, or Kasumi I believe her Japanese name is, ran into a "Caterpie"(?) and was yelling "Mushi! Mushi!" Which translates to "Bug! Bug!" The scene changes to Ash, or Satoshi, in a cow costume, and he says "Ushi!" Which translates to "Cow!" This is obviously a play on the Japanese language, being that Mushi and Ushi are so similar.

However, that proves difficult in English, as the words are not similar at all. I believe it was changed to Misty/Kasumi yelling "Bug!", and then Ash/Satoshi saying something along the lines of "Maybe it was a COWterpie."

While that joke isn't all that funny in itself, I must say, I was quite impressed, though. Maybe it seems simple to some of you, but to come up with something that fits so well, impresses me greatly.

I was also impressed with the English Voice Acting -- something I'm not so much a fan of. 4Kids did a nice job matching voices to the characters. Something much more Anime could use now-a-days. Of course, I've no idea how it's doing now, as I have only seen maybe half of the first season. I'm under the impression there are 4 or 5 series out now, and so, things may have changed in these respects, however, it got off to a good start.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/10/2003 4:28:11 PM

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 05:34:06 PM »
bobert-

If i were you I'd wash my hair. That way cat's wont dump on your hair.
[wtd] is up w/me and my poop obssecion(I CNAT SPEEL!)

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2003, 04:20:16 PM »
Black Mage, your aon your school's debate team, right?

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2003, 04:20:21 PM »
opps...

Edited by - very_shy_guy29 on 7/12/2003 3:22:21 PM

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2003, 07:53:23 PM »
ah,i remember the Pokemon days,3 years ago...
Its was so action packed in Australia with Pokemon League,playing battles in Toyworld,Toyworld trying to rip kids off,i remember.
Did you know some Pokemon Episodes were taken out?
Ever wondered how Ash got all the Tauros?
He got them all in a taken out pokemon show.
One pokemon show was taken out because it made kids who watched the show have seizures.
The tauros one was taken out because Team Rocket got chased away by the Warden of the Safari Zone,the warden was trying to shoot them.

AH ha ha ha ha ha!
You did it!
My masterpiece!-Wario,Wario Ware, Inc.
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »
I used to obsess over the cards, games, and show as much as everyone else(even more in some cases). I owned blue version. eventually antipokemon spread to me, and the fact that I was getting into other things pretty much made me dislike pokemon. Now I can't help seeing a commercial and laugh at the way they try to milk the money COWterpie dry.
I even wrote a parody of it(it should be somewhere on the story boards).

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2003, 05:02:36 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with it, the show got boring after a while, but it's still fun.  I will always like the card game, it was one of my favorite TCGs.  
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2003, 07:02:24 PM »
Pink Boo King, don't froget the episode  (but was shown once with tons of editing)where James wore fake boobs.  And the Ice Cave episode where Brock was delusional.  They thought Team rocket gave him a desiese to make him that way.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2003, 12:20:10 AM »
Oh yeah forgot about them.

AH ha ha ha ha ha!
You did it!
My masterpiece!-Wario,Wario Ware, Inc.
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2003, 02:25:46 PM »
I like Pokemon. hey 4kids did the same thing to kirby and sonic will probobly go down the same road
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2003, 03:10:07 PM »
Ive hated it from the beginning...Why you ask? I remember seeing the first commercial for it...it was of a room full of pokemon...then this huge vacuum cleaner suddenly sucks everything up..and the Pokemon logo appears and the anouncer says "Pokemon! gotta catch them all!"
It never even explained it was a game for nintendo or anything! even my mom couldnt figure out what they were talking about..then I finally found out...plus..really every game is just the same thing...only with different Pokemon...its boring...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2003, 06:39:29 PM »
Pokemon should be more like Yu-Gi-Oh.
There's not only monsters,but there's Ninjas,Warriors,Knights,and the types of different!
One of them is Pyro lol.
I like Yu-Gi-Oh now,Pokemon is still ok because its Nintendo....
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2003, 07:42:07 PM »
the only thing I like about Yu-Gi-Oh is the show. I never liked any TCG including Pokemon. When are they gonna start releasing Yu-Gi-Oh games for Gamecube? I don't have a GBA or a GBA SP.
Deezer was here.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2003, 09:09:56 PM »
Ah, Pokemon. I used to like playing the games and stuff as a kid. I mean, the original 2 games (Red and Blue) were actully fairly good RPGs; and perfect for the age group too, for they weren't very complicated. Then, as I grew up, there was the money thing. Unlike most people, who went from liking the concept to hating it, I merely justified it by saying that I liked it as a kid, I had a good time with it, and it was thus worth the money. And yes, even at that age (10 or 11 or 12, can't remember) - I hated Ash with a passion. Man, I hated him. And I still do.

Regarding what appears to be the current craze for the age group (Yu-Gi-Oh!) I've watched the show once or twice. Here's the plot.

Guy: Hahahaha! You'll never beat me! I'm unvincible!
Other guy: What.... I'll find a way to get this...
Guy: No you won't! You'll lose because I'm just better!
Other Guy: No... it can't be!
Guy: Why don't you give up now?
Other Guy: No - can't give up!

*20 minutes later*

Guy: You STILL can't beat me!
Other Guy: What if I do... THIS???
Guy: Impossible! How did I lose?

And you get the point. I think.

If you have any questions on any Mario game for the GameCube, any at all, please keep them AS FAR AWAY from me as possible. I don`t want to look like a total idiot in front of the whole forum. Thanks in advance.
~I.S.~

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2003, 01:08:23 PM »
You will also hear this alot of times during the show:

Person:give up little yugi you cant win because i have (insert name of monster)
Yugi:*Thinking*I must belive in the heart of the cards,My friend are with me
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2003, 02:17:09 PM »
Or this

*Joey is about to lose*
Yugi- Joey, u must win!  Think about your sister!
Joey- Yeah!
The Joey wins

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2003, 05:47:46 PM »
When you see the show, it's quite laughable.
 n/a

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2003, 11:58:01 PM »
Basically, the whole thing is some guy telling the other guy to give up then the other guy doesn't give up then the guy who told the other guy to give up loses.

Does this topic have any future?

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/5/2003 10:59:23 PM
Deezer was here.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2003, 08:36:03 PM »
Don't worry. I still like it. But I don't like the cards.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2003, 10:46:57 AM »
I still like Pokemon. I don't like the cartoon or cards, but I also hate yugioh (which I pronounce yu-ji-oh). LOL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Die, father, die!
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2003, 10:16:41 PM »
I'm bringing back this topic because Jman brought back that frickin' Anti-Pokemon thread. Please don't edit the bad word because I am ANGRY when people insult Pokemon. Why did you bring back that topic, Jman? It was dying and it had lost it's importance.

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".

Boy, you sure edited this post late.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 12/21/2003 3:52:50 PM

Deezer was here.

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2003, 05:59:18 AM »
Just kidding, I like the cartoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You messed up my moose!-Rabbit

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2003, 04:40:14 PM »
Pokemon, good times good times..

Why I remember when I was the best player in the entire league. (Cheat shuffeld.) I was second only to the gym leader and he appointed me unoffical assistant. Sense there was so many people I helped stamped and give people thier coach stickers. But with this newfound power I could bribe people to give me thier rarest cards for a promo and a badge. It was great stuff.

I even formed a "Team Rocket" syndicate based on this. There was only three rules.

1) Never steal directly. Screw over is alright but theft can be punished.

2) Do not cheat a fellow Rocket member.

3) Do not cheat the children. And if they have something REALLY rare just try not to cheat them TOO badly. For pete's sakes man they're kids..

Somehow one of my colleagues always managed to break each and every rule. >: / It got so bad we had to seperate Team Rocket into two factions. And we never spoke of buisness to eachother because we now were two differant groups. His group self destructed full of greed, hatred, and lack of order. Mine however grew stronger because the fruit was taken out of the basket, and I appointed a cute girl who was able to get a stack of promos from the gym leader. Oh yeah, it was good to be evil. >: D
8-bit is the only way to game.

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2003, 09:25:37 PM »
That reminds me so much of how WWE is like right now.

Go Power Rangers!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2003, 02:07:37 PM »
*Revives topic*

Hey, Nintendofreak. I never knew you liked Yu-Gi-Oh! Personally, I hate it. It's boring to watch. The Pokemon cartoon is alot better in comparison.

---------------------------------------------

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2003, 05:46:50 PM »
It's not as kiddy as pokemon but i don't care for it much anymore because that was ages ago.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 12/21/2003 3:59:37 PM
Deezer was here.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2003, 08:54:43 PM »
Yeah, true. But at least Pokemon is more exciting.

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2003, 09:38:09 AM »
I like everything of Pokemon.

Is this the North Pole? I''m looking for Santa.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2003, 11:14:59 AM »
Pokemon is one of the many instruments of the SATAN.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2003, 11:58:48 AM »
All right, time for me to come clean.  This is what really happened.

I was a huge fan of the T.V. show for the first couple seasons.  Then, they went and screwed it up by adding so many new Pokemon it would make your head spin.

I could tell you all of the original 150 when I was a fan, but now I couldn't even tell you 100 of them.  Why do they need 351 creatures?  Oh wait, I know why!  To keep sucking the kids back in!

It may still be popular, but I can tell you right now, Pokemon is past its prime.  The games will live on forever with many Nintendo fans, but eventually, it (the fad) will die.

Unless it's like Scooby Doo, and has that kind of staying power!  (Scooby's been around since 1969.)

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but that's just my opinion.  You can flame me all you want, but I won't care, because...

And now you know, the rest of the story.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2003, 01:26:30 PM »
Now that you got that off your chest, Jman, let me get this off mine:

Even though I really like the new Ruby and Sapphire, I didn't like Gold and Silver that much. I mean, it was cool, the whole "breed Pokemon and catch 'em in the dark" thing, but the game was just well, kinda boring (I did like Tododile though). When I found out about Ruby and Sapphire, I was not to excited. I was already a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh!, so I really didn't know if I would like it. Later, I just decided to buy it (after all, I owe Pokemon one for getting me into to RPGs). Boy, was I ever wrong. I bought Ruby version, and it totally rocked. It was way better than Gold and Silver. Call me fickle, after that, I started hating Yu-Gi-Oh! And I was think "how could I betray Pokemon and Nintendo". And from now on, Pokemon is the only monster-raising RPG for me.

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2003, 05:27:25 PM »
Gold and Silver is still my favorite Pokemon game and always will be. I like it more than SMB, SMW, SM64, Ruby and Sapphire, and MK:DD combined. The same thing happened to me with Yu-Gi-Oh! also but by the 2nd season, the plots were soo cheesy and I decided to stop and go back to Pokemon. They should've stayed with 251 Pokemon.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 12/26/2003 3:40:33 PM
Deezer was here.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2003, 06:53:27 PM »
That's what I said.  I think 350+ is a little overboard.  I mean, who has the time to constantly remember things about 350+ creatures?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2003, 09:42:37 PM »
Well, I said I didn't like Gold and Silver that much. I still like it, a little bit. I also liked the Pokemon Stadium games, The Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBA), the card game itself (Remember, Alucard was using my username at the time), the Cartoon (yes, the cartoon), Red and Blue versions, Ruby and Sapphire versions, Pokemon Snap and the Pokemon Pinball games. The only ones I think truely suck are Hey You Pikachu! and Pokemon Channel (I'm sorry, but I really don't like virtual pet games). I just really like most Pokemon games, because well, I'm a big Nintendo fan. Not a hardcore one, but a big one.

Also, Jman, it's not 351 monsters. They got rid of some, because Ruby and Sapphire were so powerful, you couldn't trade Pokemon with the old Pokemon games.

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 12/26/2003 7:46:13 PM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2003, 09:04:58 AM »
What the heck is Pokemon channel?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2003, 08:25:58 PM »
It's this new crappy virtual-pet game for the Gamecube. I do not know why Nintendo has to continue the legacy of crappy Pokemon-based virtual-pet games, like Capcom has to continue the legacy of crappy Resident Evil-Based shooters.

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2003, 04:51:18 AM »
Well I must say Pokèmon is fun, even now, I guess many peope will never get to like it, but others will treasure it as the best game or anime there has been.

Try your best to be the best
Try your best to be the best

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2004, 07:21:52 PM »
pokemon start to suck like in its 2nd seson so there the 1st seson was the only good seson.
nintendo rules mircosoft sucks

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2004, 07:21:54 PM »
pokemon start to suck like in its 2nd seson so there the 1st seson was the only good seson.

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »
I like to call "anime" Japanimation. I was one of the few who hated pokamon from the start and still do. I've only played the first pokamon game witch was kinda fun. The best part of the fad was being able to exploit those obsessed with it. I seriously traded four pokamon blocks from my burger king kids meal for a working gameboy pocket.

Or is it?... *shifts eyes supiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2004, 03:23:52 PM »
I used to like the show (for the first 4 to 5 seasons), but then it got so boring that I completley stopped watching it.
What if another company dubbed it, such as DIC, FUNamation?
A while back, I also read on TV Tome that Pokémon has been renewed by Kids WB for three more dubbed seasons!

"That will really put the pressure on those phony Koopa plumbers" -Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3., Toddler Terros of Time Travel (DiC, 1990)

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2004, 06:20:07 PM »
....There a reason why you brought a topic back from the dead?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2004, 10:51:49 PM »
Pokemon was a fad. Like Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh. When Digimon came out, everyone moved over to that. Then DBZ started showing new stuff so people started to move to that. Then Yu-Gi-Oh came out and kind of died out in awhile. I clearly don't see why Nintendo still makes all these Pokemon games for GBA.
They're really all the same.

Mario Party 6?!!!!! Who saw that one comin''?

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2004, 10:17:56 AM »
Pokemon ISN'T a fad. It's a regular video game series, just like Mario, Mega Man and Sonic. If you don't like Pokemon, thats fine, but you all are going to have to just accept the fact that it is a game series, not a fad. Saying Pokemon is just a fad vould be like saying "todays video games are just a fad".

BZW, zis thread has kind of gone on far enough and it really doesn't make much sense- not every1 hates Pokemon.

------------------------------------------

Ze spirt of Alucard lives in ze sole of all mankind.

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2004, 02:53:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure the people at the Serebii forums never stopped liking it. Believe it or not, I can recite all 386 pokemon that currently exist.

Dang Jackie, I don''t want to kiss a short, pale and poor girl.
-Michael Kelso, That 70''s show_

Print