Print

Author Topic: Why does every1 hate pokemon  (Read 12779 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 09:34:07 PM »
What the heck is 4Kids?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2003, 04:36:21 PM »
thay make the show.  Did u see the first 5 episodes?  They were so action-packed!  Then 4kids decided 2 tone it down.

"I go to many oversea places, like Canada."- Britany Spears

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 04:57:41 PM »
Your hair smells like kitty litter.

"Most parents tell thier children to drink milk to be big and strong... for some reason my parents told me to drink pudding"
"Most parents tell thier children to drink milk to be big and strong... for some reason my parents told me to drink pudding"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 05:24:49 PM »
"thay make the show."

They dub the show. There's a difference.

"Did u see the first 5 episodes? They were so action-packed! Then 4kids decided 2 tone it down."

Actually, from what I've read, 4Kids Productions has kept much of the content intact. While in the earlier episodes, I'm to understand there was the slowing down of flash effects and such, due to the whole situation in Japan.

However, plot and dialouge both remained as unchanged as allowed. Of the limited episodes I've seen, I recall a joke that was in need of a change. In the Japanese version, Misty, or Kasumi I believe her Japanese name is, ran into a "Caterpie"(?) and was yelling "Mushi! Mushi!" Which translates to "Bug! Bug!" The scene changes to Ash, or Satoshi, in a cow costume, and he says "Ushi!" Which translates to "Cow!" This is obviously a play on the Japanese language, being that Mushi and Ushi are so similar.

However, that proves difficult in English, as the words are not similar at all. I believe it was changed to Misty/Kasumi yelling "Bug!", and then Ash/Satoshi saying something along the lines of "Maybe it was a COWterpie."

While that joke isn't all that funny in itself, I must say, I was quite impressed, though. Maybe it seems simple to some of you, but to come up with something that fits so well, impresses me greatly.

I was also impressed with the English Voice Acting -- something I'm not so much a fan of. 4Kids did a nice job matching voices to the characters. Something much more Anime could use now-a-days. Of course, I've no idea how it's doing now, as I have only seen maybe half of the first season. I'm under the impression there are 4 or 5 series out now, and so, things may have changed in these respects, however, it got off to a good start.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/10/2003 4:28:11 PM

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 05:34:06 PM »
bobert-

If i were you I'd wash my hair. That way cat's wont dump on your hair.
[wtd] is up w/me and my poop obssecion(I CNAT SPEEL!)

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2003, 04:20:16 PM »
Black Mage, your aon your school's debate team, right?

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2003, 04:20:21 PM »
opps...

Edited by - very_shy_guy29 on 7/12/2003 3:22:21 PM

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2003, 07:53:23 PM »
ah,i remember the Pokemon days,3 years ago...
Its was so action packed in Australia with Pokemon League,playing battles in Toyworld,Toyworld trying to rip kids off,i remember.
Did you know some Pokemon Episodes were taken out?
Ever wondered how Ash got all the Tauros?
He got them all in a taken out pokemon show.
One pokemon show was taken out because it made kids who watched the show have seizures.
The tauros one was taken out because Team Rocket got chased away by the Warden of the Safari Zone,the warden was trying to shoot them.

AH ha ha ha ha ha!
You did it!
My masterpiece!-Wario,Wario Ware, Inc.
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »
I used to obsess over the cards, games, and show as much as everyone else(even more in some cases). I owned blue version. eventually antipokemon spread to me, and the fact that I was getting into other things pretty much made me dislike pokemon. Now I can't help seeing a commercial and laugh at the way they try to milk the money COWterpie dry.
I even wrote a parody of it(it should be somewhere on the story boards).

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2003, 05:02:36 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with it, the show got boring after a while, but it's still fun.  I will always like the card game, it was one of my favorite TCGs.  
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2003, 07:02:24 PM »
Pink Boo King, don't froget the episode  (but was shown once with tons of editing)where James wore fake boobs.  And the Ice Cave episode where Brock was delusional.  They thought Team rocket gave him a desiese to make him that way.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2003, 12:20:10 AM »
Oh yeah forgot about them.

AH ha ha ha ha ha!
You did it!
My masterpiece!-Wario,Wario Ware, Inc.
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2003, 02:25:46 PM »
I like Pokemon. hey 4kids did the same thing to kirby and sonic will probobly go down the same road
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2003, 03:10:07 PM »
Ive hated it from the beginning...Why you ask? I remember seeing the first commercial for it...it was of a room full of pokemon...then this huge vacuum cleaner suddenly sucks everything up..and the Pokemon logo appears and the anouncer says "Pokemon! gotta catch them all!"
It never even explained it was a game for nintendo or anything! even my mom couldnt figure out what they were talking about..then I finally found out...plus..really every game is just the same thing...only with different Pokemon...its boring...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2003, 06:39:29 PM »
Pokemon should be more like Yu-Gi-Oh.
There's not only monsters,but there's Ninjas,Warriors,Knights,and the types of different!
One of them is Pyro lol.
I like Yu-Gi-Oh now,Pokemon is still ok because its Nintendo....
Find your inner monkey.

Print