Print

Author Topic: Why does every1 hate pokemon  (Read 12786 times)

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2003, 09:38:09 AM »
I like everything of Pokemon.

Is this the North Pole? I''m looking for Santa.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2003, 11:14:59 AM »
Pokemon is one of the many instruments of the SATAN.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2003, 11:58:48 AM »
All right, time for me to come clean.  This is what really happened.

I was a huge fan of the T.V. show for the first couple seasons.  Then, they went and screwed it up by adding so many new Pokemon it would make your head spin.

I could tell you all of the original 150 when I was a fan, but now I couldn't even tell you 100 of them.  Why do they need 351 creatures?  Oh wait, I know why!  To keep sucking the kids back in!

It may still be popular, but I can tell you right now, Pokemon is past its prime.  The games will live on forever with many Nintendo fans, but eventually, it (the fad) will die.

Unless it's like Scooby Doo, and has that kind of staying power!  (Scooby's been around since 1969.)

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but that's just my opinion.  You can flame me all you want, but I won't care, because...

And now you know, the rest of the story.

I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2003, 01:26:30 PM »
Now that you got that off your chest, Jman, let me get this off mine:

Even though I really like the new Ruby and Sapphire, I didn't like Gold and Silver that much. I mean, it was cool, the whole "breed Pokemon and catch 'em in the dark" thing, but the game was just well, kinda boring (I did like Tododile though). When I found out about Ruby and Sapphire, I was not to excited. I was already a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh!, so I really didn't know if I would like it. Later, I just decided to buy it (after all, I owe Pokemon one for getting me into to RPGs). Boy, was I ever wrong. I bought Ruby version, and it totally rocked. It was way better than Gold and Silver. Call me fickle, after that, I started hating Yu-Gi-Oh! And I was think "how could I betray Pokemon and Nintendo". And from now on, Pokemon is the only monster-raising RPG for me.

---------------------------------------------

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2003, 05:27:25 PM »
Gold and Silver is still my favorite Pokemon game and always will be. I like it more than SMB, SMW, SM64, Ruby and Sapphire, and MK:DD combined. The same thing happened to me with Yu-Gi-Oh! also but by the 2nd season, the plots were soo cheesy and I decided to stop and go back to Pokemon. They should've stayed with 251 Pokemon.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 12/26/2003 3:40:33 PM
Deezer was here.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2003, 06:53:27 PM »
That's what I said.  I think 350+ is a little overboard.  I mean, who has the time to constantly remember things about 350+ creatures?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2003, 09:42:37 PM »
Well, I said I didn't like Gold and Silver that much. I still like it, a little bit. I also liked the Pokemon Stadium games, The Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBA), the card game itself (Remember, Alucard was using my username at the time), the Cartoon (yes, the cartoon), Red and Blue versions, Ruby and Sapphire versions, Pokemon Snap and the Pokemon Pinball games. The only ones I think truely suck are Hey You Pikachu! and Pokemon Channel (I'm sorry, but I really don't like virtual pet games). I just really like most Pokemon games, because well, I'm a big Nintendo fan. Not a hardcore one, but a big one.

Also, Jman, it's not 351 monsters. They got rid of some, because Ruby and Sapphire were so powerful, you couldn't trade Pokemon with the old Pokemon games.

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 12/26/2003 7:46:13 PM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2003, 09:04:58 AM »
What the heck is Pokemon channel?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2003, 08:25:58 PM »
It's this new crappy virtual-pet game for the Gamecube. I do not know why Nintendo has to continue the legacy of crappy Pokemon-based virtual-pet games, like Capcom has to continue the legacy of crappy Resident Evil-Based shooters.

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2003, 04:51:18 AM »
Well I must say Pokèmon is fun, even now, I guess many peope will never get to like it, but others will treasure it as the best game or anime there has been.

Try your best to be the best
Try your best to be the best

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2004, 07:21:52 PM »
pokemon start to suck like in its 2nd seson so there the 1st seson was the only good seson.
nintendo rules mircosoft sucks

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2004, 07:21:54 PM »
pokemon start to suck like in its 2nd seson so there the 1st seson was the only good seson.

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »
I like to call "anime" Japanimation. I was one of the few who hated pokamon from the start and still do. I've only played the first pokamon game witch was kinda fun. The best part of the fad was being able to exploit those obsessed with it. I seriously traded four pokamon blocks from my burger king kids meal for a working gameboy pocket.

Or is it?... *shifts eyes supiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2004, 03:23:52 PM »
I used to like the show (for the first 4 to 5 seasons), but then it got so boring that I completley stopped watching it.
What if another company dubbed it, such as DIC, FUNamation?
A while back, I also read on TV Tome that Pokémon has been renewed by Kids WB for three more dubbed seasons!

"That will really put the pressure on those phony Koopa plumbers" -Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3., Toddler Terros of Time Travel (DiC, 1990)

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2004, 06:20:07 PM »
....There a reason why you brought a topic back from the dead?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print