Print

Author Topic: Priceless Moments  (Read 2386 times)

« on: May 13, 2005, 11:08:15 PM »
Post here to talk about any funny things that happened to take place in a video game.

I'll start. I once was playing Donkey Kong Country 2 with my brother in Co-op Mode. I was controlling Dixie and he was controlling Diddy. By then I had pretty well mastered the game, but my brother was still getting the hang of it. Anyway, we got to the fifth boss, the ghost (you know who I mean), and after a number of deaths, we, or more specifically I, had brought him down to the last hit. Then, when Dixie, controlled by me, was about to hit him with a barrel, she got hit and ran away. But the barrel still hit the boss, and killed him. Diddy was left, so he stole all the glory, and began to play his boom box as he collected the coin. Then Diddy's face appeared on the whole level, even though he didn't really beat the boss! My brother and I thought this was hilarious.

"You know what we''re having for supper tonight? Boneless, skinless chicken chests." ~My Mom

Edited by - smfan1085 on 5/13/2005 10:14:55 PM

GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 12:35:28 AM »
I have already told this story in a similar thread, but I have since remembered more.

The Moment: Halo (Xbox), 4v4 CTF in Blood Gulch. One of my teammates has the red flag, driving home in a warthog. He asks something like, "What's the safest way?", and we tell him to head for the front door because the other team has a sniper on us and one or two others out towards the back of our base. At this point, I'm waiting a bit to respawn, because we enabled respawn growth, and our team was basically getting steamrolled. So, our guy driving home with the flag gets maybe 100 meters away from our base when a rocket hits the back of his warthog, lifting him (and the flag) up into the air. The warthog does a front flip or two, and DROPS THROUGH THE TOP HOLE OF OUR BASE, landing right on our flag. I respawn facing South inside the base as the warthog lands in front of me. As our team is laughing and shouting in disbelief of what just happened, I notice the flag nav. pointer growing larger on my screen. Before I realize what's going on, the flag drops right into my hands! I walk around the warthog to the left for an easy score.

One of the coolest things I've seen in a video game, for sure. Too bad we ended up losing like 5 to 2 though.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 09:00:51 PM »
I remember playing WCW vs. NWO for the N64 with my brother. It was a match where if you fell out of the rink, you were immediately out.

I don't remember much but the last couple of seconds. We were against two computers, both of them we easily threw out of the ring. My brother accidently slipped out of the ring, which was going to make me victorious...until a computer grabbed my leg and pulled me out of the ring too, making it a draw. My brother and I thought it was funny at the time...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 09:34:34 PM »
 The game: Starfox: Assault. The person: My brother's maniac hippieish friend. This guy is crazy. He prefers not to pick fights, but use weapons and items in a number of strage ways.

We were at Aparoid City, a pleasantly gloomy and frightening, large area. This particular friend loves the highest area in the center, which is sort of a roof to a central core thingy. Anyway, he gathered up all the items he could, flew a Wolfen to the top, and began working on some sort of devious plan. My brother and I were drifting about, wondering what he was up too. I eventually gave into the temptation, and flew a freshly transported Wolfen up to the very top. His character, Wolf, was standing in the center of a peculiar looking ring... A ring of motion-sensor bombs! I was trying to land on top of him when I noticed the danger! I boosted out, like a cat out of rain, just out of reach of the enormous explosion that occured. The friend was laughing his head off... Until he noticed that he had planted the circle with too small a diameter (he was in the center, remember?), and was missing 3/4 of his stamina.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 09:42:02 PM »
LOL!!

Whoa, Deezer posted in my topic!

"You know what we''re having for supper tonight? Boneless, skinless chicken chests." ~My Mom

Edited by - smfan1085 on 5/14/2005 8:42:40 PM

GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Print