Print

Author Topic: Top 10 Reasons GCN beats the pants off PS2 & Xbox!  (Read 26354 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »
It's about to get BLOW'D UP in here.

Let's get physical let s lets letest letsl ets.. what ama i talking about aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah WATOAD IS AAAAAAAH-ly COOL

"Yesterday... when I`m smaller... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2005, 09:14:40 PM »
I feel that the GC is better suited to my liking than PS2 and XBox. The GC controller is very adapted to my hands; I tried playing Splinter Cell on my friend's XBox once, and I found it quite difficult: the controller was simply to big for my hands, and my fingers couldn't reach all of the buttons very easily.

Also, the GC loads the features in the games on call (mostly GC-exclusive ones), so waiting time is reduced. In the PS2, all features within an area of the game are loaded at once, extending waiting time. I watched one of my other friends play Grand Theft Auto on his PS2, and I recall that it seemed that I was waiting for 5 minutes for the game to load. Information from the GC discs is constantly being read on call so that waiting time is reduced. The GC functions in a way to keep the players interested, instead of the constant "LOADING..." screens present in PS games.

''I am feeling fat, and sassy!''

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2005, 09:39:17 PM »
Loading post.......... Please be patient........... almost done........... I think........... Just a few more seconds........... Anytime now............. Not much longer............. ERROR: System has been blow'd up *guitar music*.  Please call for technical support asap before all information on your file is erased.  Oops, too late.  Our apologies.

All fanboys of slow-loading systems and computers please ignore the previous paragraph.  Anyway, how come no one has mentioned that the XBoX controllers come in different sizes and different arranements of buttons?  I think that's a little neat. (but then again maybe that could be a bad thing).  All systems have their own good and bad so there's no reason to just love one.  Unless it has Mario of course and then I can't blame you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  For all we know every single person in the world could be wrong.  But that’s just my opinion.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 2/20/2005 7:40:49 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2005, 04:43:02 PM »
I agree with the loading time subject because many games for Game Cube load really fast and on some games such as Super Mario Sunshine it may feel like there is no loading time. Also the Game Cube got a cameo in one of the Weakest Link specials. It was a question that went like this.

What company in Japan makes games for the system called Game Cube?

The person said the correct awnser which is Nintendo of course, but I didn't hear the person say the first three letters of it.

Nintendo rules all the way and that is the truth.  
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2005, 11:25:57 AM »
Have you noticed that any PS2 or Xbox fanboy will argue like this:

Me:Nintendo rocks
Xboxfan:but Xbox has Halo.
Me: Nintendo has Mario
Xbox:but Xbox has Halo.
Me: Nintendo is the reason gaming lived this long
Xboxfan:but Xbox has Halo...

You see where I am going with this?  If Xbox and PS2 had lists they may look like this:

PS2:
1)DVD
2)DVD
3)DVD
4)DVD
5)DVD
6)DvD
7)OMG Profanity, violence, drugs!
8)GTA
9)GC is crap
10)OMG lik wei s best.

Xbox

1)Halo
2)Halo
3)Halo
4)Halo
5)Halo
6)Halo 2
7)Halo 2
8)Halo 2
9)Halo 2
10)OMG hAlo 3 may!

I also think that the one problem Nintendo has is Marketing.  I first Saw a Super Mario
64 DS commercial in Febuary and I have yet to see a Prime 2 one.  As for the User friendly argument Nintendo is more, at least more than the PS2(never used an Xbox).
GC turn on: Plug in, press power button
GC turn off: press power
PS2on: Plug in, flip switch, press button.
PS2off(new one btw): hold power for 2 sec,
unplug.

'nuff said.  

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2005, 10:18:31 PM »
Unplug? wtd

Also: They were running Metroid Prime 2 commercials out the wazoo for a long time.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2005, 04:41:27 PM »
Yes, on the "new, slimmer, more compact PS2", there is no switch in the back to turn it all the way off.  It remains in standby untill the powersource is cut off (aka you unplug it).  I did make a mistake though since I used the new one for turning it off, I should have refered to the new one when turning it on (the is no switch in back to flip on ethier!).

Edited by - SuperSonic_Yoshi on 3/8/2005 2:57:36 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2005, 05:57:46 PM »
Black Mage, if you're still checking this thread, I feel I owe you an apology. The post of mine containing the Xbox images is only my second post in this thread, and that's because this thread was active during a time when I was not. I didn't make a point of going back and reading the preceding posts because of the time that it would have taken, and so I didn't realize how much bringing my thread back up matters to you. Actually, I didn't realize how much the thread itself has mattered to you.

For no particular reason I decided today to go back and read some of the earlier posts, and I was surprised. There was quite a bit of debating going on, and you were involved in it more than anyone else. So I understand now that this thread and the posts within it are important to you. I should have educated myself about this prior to launching my second post so that I could have better respected you in doing so (by not doing so in the first place).

Whether or not you'll accept it, I apologize for digging up this thread. It has been the most "successful" of all the console debate threads on this message board, but perhaps it should not have been. Its future popularity (or infamy) certainly wasn't on my mind when I originally posted it.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2005, 06:09:04 AM »
Well anything can happen.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2005, 08:06:17 AM »
A girl in one of my classes on Friday said, "I only use my Playstation to play DVDs."

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2005, 11:15:05 AM »
You're looking at post #100 in my first GMc topic to reach the triple digits. *grins*

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2005, 07:50:56 PM »
Gawd, I hate it when Nintendo fans think us PS2 and XBox fans are stupid. Do I write like this?:

y0 DaWWGS, Ps2 iz in Da HIZzz-OUSE! S0o is Xboxx, cuzz of HaLLLo and Hall0 2! cUzZ you gget 2 sh0ot peeps, hommiieee. mE & me possE R like in2 the SoNNy & MiCROSovT cownsles.

No. I didn't think so. Plus the control on PS2 and XBox is not bad. I get along on those controllers much better than the GCN controllers. Maybe the reason some of you guys think that the GCN control is better is because you are much more used to it! Think about it! Plus the XBox has great controller set up for shooters. Shooters are awesome. So is the PS2, yo. It's not like GCN fanboys post replies like this:

Top 10 Reasons the GCN is a Much More Suitible Counsle:

1.) I Inquire that the control is macnificently unique for us in the fields of literature.
2.) The gaming style fits those whose IQ's are above the range of the simpleton XBox and PS2 nincompoops.
3.) I also inquire that Mario and his chums are a delightfull bunch that always are on the ball!
4.) Would you like some tea?
etc., etc., etc.

You guys think you're that smart and that us PS2 and XBox fans are just scum on the bottom of your shoes. Maybe you should get to know us. Plus video games are just a simulation of life. I'd much rather enjoy a really nice day outside rather than sitting inside in front of the idiot box. Thank you very much, dawgs.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker

Edited by - ledzeppelinrocks on 4/20/2005 6:59:26 PM
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2005, 07:58:36 PM »
Don't worry about what other people say they think about fans of competing consoles. They're upholding pointless stereotypes when they do that, and that makes them stupid if anything. It's one thing to dislike a piece of electronics, but it's something else entirely to say rude things about groups of people. So just ignore them.

Edited by - WaToaD on 4/20/2005 6:59:18 PM

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2005, 08:00:15 PM »
Thanks. Sorry about that, heh.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2005, 08:46:57 PM »
I don't think your scum on anybodies shoes.  I like the PS2 (though not as much as the GCN), but regardless I wouldn't think less of you for  liking it (or the xBox that I dislike).  Differences in opinion and competition are what drive the video game and other markets.

I thought the 10 reasons Watoad posted from NP were funny, but not very well put.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print