Print

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 33430 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2004, 09:05:58 PM »
I have the mosquito, and it helps a lot. I'll take healing over random effect any day.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2004, 09:12:20 PM »
I find KoL too slow loading at 28.8k/sec, so you'll probably all leave me in the dust. I wish there wasn't an adventure storage limit so when I came back I could catch back up.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2004, 07:01:02 PM »
When the council gives you the strange leaflet while in the text based adventure, type xyzzy and click "Do it" and watch the wonders unfold before you. If you've already passed this, with no xyzzy, I laugh at you.

Let me away from this boulder!

n/a

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2004, 07:50:42 PM »
Wrong. Linoleum Ore does not smith with a helmet turtle. You must make a linoleum meat stack (dense meat stack + linoleum ore) and smith it with the helmet turtle. Only Seal Clubbers and Turtle Tamers who have the appopriate skill (costs 3800 meat) may do this though.

I have an Xtreme crossbow I'm willing to sell cheap, as well as several Stones of Xtreme Power, which I will sell cheaply as well. I keep getting over-drunk from visiting the Typical Tavern; I'm going to have to stop that, but it's really useful for gaining stats. You can usually get about +50 whatever, which can make you even gain multiple Muscle/Moxie/Mysticality points at once, but at the cost of about 5 Drunkeness.
By the way, if anyone has a Gnollish Flyswatter, would they be able to part with it for some meat or a good weapon? As soon as I get enough meat (probably a week or so of battling people) I'm going to learn the "Advanced Meat-smithing techniques" or whatever so I can make us all Xtreme or linoleum or chrome helmets and swords, staffs, crossbows, etc. Any donations would be greatly accepted, and of course, as soon as we can start our clan, I'm willing to be the Clan Smither or weapon maker or whatever.

That's about all for now.

We can learn a lot from crayons. They are different colors and some have funny names but they all live together in the same box.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2004, 09:05:23 PM »
Wow, the xyzzy thing is IMPRESSIVE. How'd you figure that out? Are there any other such combinations?

I am just a bit more than 5 Moxie points from being level 7 and able to start our clan, if that hasn't been done already (I should have it on Sunday). Have we decided on a name?

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2004, 09:31:42 PM »
I hope you guys know what xyzzy means.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2004, 08:51:43 AM »
How could smithing a Dense Meat Stack, Linoleum Ore, and Helmet Turtle cost 3800 meat?  And why can only Turtle Tamers and Seal Clubbers do it?  That sounds rediculous.

"Oh, and Dexter, don''t let those nasty Grab-Ons getcha!"
"They are called Hang-Ons mother!  The ruthless Hang-On Empire!"
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

n/a

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2004, 02:25:38 PM »
Because only Seal Clubbers and Turtle Tamers may enter the Brotherhood of the Smackdown, just like only Pastamancers and Saucerors can only enter the League of the Chef-Magi, and the Accordian Thieves and Disco Bandits in the Shadowy Department of Arts and Crafts.

These places are where they can their respective and exclusive skills, and must pay meat to learn them.

In case you didn't figure it out yet, here's the breakdown of the characters...

Turtle Tamers and Seal Clubbers

Rely on their Muscularity and use Muscularity to gain levels.

Are the experts of Meatsmithing, can learn the skill (which costs 3800 Meat) of Advanced Meatsmithing, and other skills that let them heal and do more damage (I am a Seal Clubber).

Saucerors and Pastamancers

Rely mostly on Mysticality (magic), and use it to gain levels.

Are the experts of Cooking, and can learn magic skills to do I don't know what with, as well as probably a skill that lets them Cook stuff the others can't.

Accordian Thieves and Disco Bandits

Rely on Moxie, and use it to gain levels.

Are the experts of ****tailcrafting, and most likely can learn a skill that lets them craft stuff others can't.

That's that.

What is the item that lets you get above 15 Drunkenness? That would really be useful for me. I have also now obtained better equipment and I have lots of good equipment I'm willing to part with cheap or maybe free, such as Xtreme meat Swords, Crossbows, and Staffs, as well as some other high power equipment, like Elite Knob Goblin Polearms, and some other odd stuff. Just ask.

(That's supposed to be cöcktailcrafting. Stupid censors.)

We can learn a lot from crayons. They are different colors and some have funny names but they all live together in the same box.

Edited by - n/a on 5/21/2004 1:29:04 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2004, 02:42:11 PM »
LD needs to spend $5.70.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 5/21/2004 1:42:26 PM

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2004, 10:30:41 PM »
The above drunkenness item is not actually an item, it's a type of skill that automatically activates and remains eternally. It is called "Liver of Steel" and can be earned when you help out the Deep Fat Friars.

The skill Saucerors can buy to make things wich others can't is called "Advanced Saucecrafting" and is very expensive.

That xyzzy thing was taught to me in exchange for 500 meat by someone in the chatroom.

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2004, 09:26:25 AM »
Does anyone know what a Barrrnacle does?  I've been in a bunch of battles with mine, but it doesn't seem to do anything, not like my Misquito who gives me health.

"Oh, and Dexter, don''t let those nasty Grab-Ons getcha!"
"They are called Hang-Ons mother!  The ruthless Hang-On Empire!"
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2004, 02:15:04 PM »
Ok, I've hit level 7 and can start the caln now. Have we chosen a name yet?

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2004, 02:28:43 PM »
wheres dezzer seems to be the most popular name, so call it that.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2004, 03:18:30 PM »
wheres dezzer would be fine with me. ;)

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2004, 05:38:47 PM »
As for familiars, I like my good old Cocoabo. At 19 pounds, sometimes it will revive 25 Hp and MP, other times it will do 20 damage to the enemy, and other times still, it will dig up around 80 or 90 meat.

Print