Print

Author Topic: NOA Localization Team questions  (Read 5070 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: August 12, 2004, 11:56:51 AM »
If you could ask the "NOA Localization Team" anything, what would you ask?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 10:33:55 PM »
If they knew anything about the Eternal Star sign.

Odds of getting any useful information are low, though, but I would like to see what Leslie Swan and Jeff Miller look like. (I've seen their names in so many credits I know them off the top of my head.)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 01:37:09 PM »
If anyone else has questions please post them and I will try to ask them at Camp Hyrule this week.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 03:43:16 PM »
Why did they have to Localize all 201 treasures in Pikmin 2? I would have liked to see what those original Japanese trinkets looked like...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 04:24:06 PM »
I'd ask them what Camp Hyrule is.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 05:53:41 PM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 02:10:03 PM »
I chat with NOA today at 3 PT.  Anymore question I should ask?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 12:57:04 PM »
Bah, I didn't pay attention to the Camp Hyrule e-mails... I would've asked the story behind Fawful.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 01:55:29 PM »
I went through the chat and weeded out most of the unrelated stuff.  See if your question was asked/answered:

LUIGISAN
Bill is a Microsoft spy.

LUIGISAN
Bill or Mac, do you know Leslie Swan and Jeff Miller?

NOA_MAC
nope

NOA_BILL
I know Leslie and Jeff.

LUIGISAN
Bill, What do Leslie Swan and Jeff Miller look like?

NOA_BILL
Leslie has red hair. Jeff has blonde hair.

NOA_MAC
but it's not a 'sharp' red

LUIGISAN
Bill, what's the story behing Fawful?

NOA_BILL
Fawful is awesome!

NOA_BILL
I have fury!

NOA_BILL
I haven't so much as talked with Reggie as I've had my name taken by him.

LUIGISAN
Bill, I meant why Fawful.   Where'd the name come from?  Was he modeled after anyone?

NOA_BILL
Why Fawful? I don't know. we liked the sound of it. Kind of like funny and awful at the same time.

NOA_BILL
Everything in Mario and Luigi is based off of words for laughing.

LUIGISAN
Bill, do you know anything about the Eternal Star sign in SM64 and OoT.  Luigi? 2041?  Just Japanese jibberish?

NOA_BILL
I know enough Japanese.

NOA_BILL
I gotta get back to working on Paper Mario!

NOA_BILL
See you!

Mac's "nope", Bill's "I know enough Japanese." and Reggie comment may have been to someone else's question, or maybe Bill meant to type "I don't know enough Japanese."  I closed the chat window or I would check again.

Edited by - Luigison on 8/19/2004 1:24:24 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 02:28:44 PM »
Vidgmchtr Posted - 17 August 2004 14:43 PST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did they have to Localize all 201 treasures in Pikmin 2? I would have liked to see what those original Japanese trinkets looked like...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Vidgmchtr, I'll ask your question if I see a NOA Localizatoin Team member in the chat again.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 02:46:32 PM »
LUIGISAN
BUB, Why did they have to Localize all 201 treasures in Pikmin 2? I would have liked to see what those original Japanese trinkets looked like...

NOA_BUB
dunno? I haven't got a crack at that game yet...

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 09:57:33 PM »
Awesome, Luigison! Their answers are kind of lame, but I learned a few great things. Thanks!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 11:29:26 PM »
I made an effort to talk to the NP krew from Nintendo Power today, but they didn't get to my first question.  I sent the question only three minutes into the chat, but they still had well over 200 questions above mine when they closed the chat.

The next chat is August 20, 1:00pm PDT - Chat with Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo's Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing.

It will probably be even harder to get a question answered, but now I know to be there on time.  If you have any question(s) for Reggie "I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about making games." Fils-Aime let me know.

Random Signature

Edited by - Luigison on 8/19/2004 10:46:45 PM

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 11:46:47 PM »
Heh, cool.

I should've been more specific, I meant "What's the story behind Fawful's dialogue?" Maybe I'll log into the chat tomorrow (today) if I don't forget.

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 12:03:50 AM »
Did you try asking mine again?

EDIT: Oh, I just saw that you asked them, my mistake.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 8/19/2004 11:06:37 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print