Print

Author Topic: GBA Wireless Adapter w/ Classic NES SMB  (Read 2132 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: October 02, 2004, 08:17:21 AM »
I bought the Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. when it first came out.  It had been said somewhere on the internet that the multiplayer Classic NES Series would work with the new GBA wireless adapter.

I bought Pokemon LeafGreen for myself and since it was only $25 at BestBuy I also got FireRed.  I plan to give FireRed as a gift, but keep the Wireless adapter that sells by itself for $20.

I tried using the wireless adapters with my Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros, but could not get it to work.  I checked the Super Mario Bros. box and found that there was a sticker on the back that said, "Multiplayer games require one Game Pak and a Game Boy Advance Game Link cable (sold separately)."  I found the same sticker on several other NES Classic Series GBA games.

This contradicts what is on the internet.  Nintendo.com even has a webpage that lists the Classic NES Series multiplayer games under "Accessories: New! Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter".

Edited by - Luigison on 10/2/2004 7:18:54 AM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 09:04:36 AM »
I used one copy of the SMB game, and two wireless adapters in GBAsp systems.  I know the wireless adapters work because I have used them with FireRed and LeafGreen.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 09:27:07 AM »
IGN HOWTO

It explains the reason for the stickers as well.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 12:28:58 PM »
That article happened to be very useful to me, too.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 03:58:26 PM »
THANKS!!!

Print