Print

Author Topic: The new redesigned PS2...  (Read 2598 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: September 27, 2004, 12:51:33 PM »
Have you seen the new redesigned PS2 yet? Sony announced it a few days ago at their PlayStation website, and it looks very sweet.

The new PS2 model is about the size of a PSone, which is obviously very small. It is much thinner than the current PS2 model, and it has a flip-top disk tray like the PSone.

The new PS2 also has a built-in Ethernet port for online games, which means we no longer need to buy that clunky Network Adaptor anymore! Yay!

The new PS2 will be released in November for the current price of $149... I wish Sony would drop the price to about $100, since the PS2 is over 4 years old aready...

I must... get... the new... PS2...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 04:53:12 PM »
I don't know about you...

But I'm saving my money for the Nintendo DS, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Mario Tennis (GCN), and Mario Party 6.

Plus a new guitar. ^_^;

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God." -Robert Frost, "Bereft"
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 05:57:50 PM »
Don't forget Donkey Konga!  Oh wait, maybe you didn't want that.

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 06:09:56 PM »
What?  Super Mario you're going to get a Nintendo DS, but no games for it.

The mini PS2 looks cool, but I already have a PS2 and don't care for MMRPGs or MMFPSs.

I will get Donkey Konga, Paper Mario II, Nintendo DS, Super Mario 64x4, Wario Ware DS, and NEW Super Mario Bros.

The only Sony game I might get right now is Sly Cooper II.  I might also get Ty II for the GCN.

There are others I want, but my funds are limited now due to a recent purchase or two new computers.

Edit: your -> you're

Edited by - Luigison on 9/27/2004 5:15:52 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 07:49:22 AM »
Of course I'm getting a Nintendo DS! I'll also get the Nintendo Revolution when it is released...

I will probably get a PS2, if Sony drops the price to about $100. I am NOT getting a Sony PSP because it will be too expensive (possibly over $300 according to recent rumors), and it looks too fragile.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 06:34:45 PM »
The new PS2 looks good, but it is not worth the money (I believe it is $200), especially since I have a PS2 (I don't play it).  Also since the PSP was mentioned, I'll state a few potential problems for that

1)The fact that it has a light disk drive means that it will take up more battery power, and give off more heat, which may lead to malfunctions

2)Price- No way it will NEAR $200.  It will be higher

3)The buttons are recessed right into the system.  For those of us who don't look at the buttons on a controller, but instead feel for buttons, this can lead to a problem.  Besides, that D-Pad looks like it will be tough to use.

Back to the subject:  Save your money.  Don't buy the new PS2, but instead get either a DS, PSP (if you want to), or a few good games for systems you already have.  Such as Paper Mario:).

Too many numbers...
Too many numbers...

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 07:13:39 PM »
Funny how this has NOTHING TO DO WITH MARIO at all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 07:32:15 PM »
The PS2 will cost $104.99, but most stores will have it for $99.99.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 09:24:20 PM »
I might get one.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 10:46:09 PM »
"Funny how this has NOTHING TO DO WITH MARIO at all."

Funny how your post has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PS2 at all.

As for the redesigned PS2, it sounds very nice. With the flip top returning, I would hope to see some 3rd party disc swapers, which allow for import games (And Image burned PS2 games) to work on the PS2. Of course, they already have those, though.

But, it does look nice. And if the price is, indeed, only $100, I'd probably have bought one if I could go back in time a few years. But, since I already have one, and with the advent of the DS, Suikoden IV, Xenosaga II, a few DS games, FFXII, and other select games, I don't think I'd like to spend another large sum of money.

But it -looks- nice.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2004, 01:34:23 PM »
Well, this thread is in the General Mario Chat, shouldn't the topics be more related to uh....Mario?

As for the PS2, I really don't care.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2004, 01:52:15 PM »
I'm here reporting they changed the names of some games...

Mario Tennis (GCN) has been changed to Mario Power Tennis

Super Mario 64x4 is now shortened to Super Mario 64 DS

I heard something about The NEW Super Mario Bros. being changed back to Super Mario Bros. DS, however, I like TNSMB better.

Also, Gamestop released official boxart for Super Mario 64 DS, which already is going to be rated E, so it looks like it'll be the traditional Mario Bros. release game for the DS. Plus, they have what appears to be some promising unofficial boxart for Mario Power Tennis too.
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see Luigison already posted the article I saw this info on in another topic.

Edited by - Meowrik on 10/6/2004 12:55:34 PM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print