Print

Author Topic: My Mario Game  (Read 7610 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 01, 2000, 02:49:08 PM »
SUPER MARIO ADVENTURES: GAME 1

STORY
After defeating Bowser and his Koopa Clan in Super Mario 64, Mario decided to retire from his Princess-saving, Brick-smashing adventures and live peacefully with his brother, Luigi, and the Princess in the Mushroom Kingdom.

One day, the Mario Bros. were resting in Peach's castle, when suddenly there was a knock at the door. Standing outside holding a pamphlet, was Toad, the Princess's royal servant and messenger of the Mushroom Kingdom. He handed Mario the pamphlet, which said:

Dear Mario Bros.:

It's me, Bowser! I've finally done it! I've captured your King and taken him to Dark World! He's here in my castle, if you even dare try to rescue him… Ha ha ha! Oh, and not only that, but I've also stolen the 10 Magic Keys from Peach's castle! Ha ha ha ha!

Bowser, the Koopa King

Mario and Luigi looked at each other in shock. "Well, here we go again!" Luigi said in a distressed tone. The two of them walked off toward Bowser's Castle, without realizing the dangers that lay ahead of them…

STARTING THE GAME
Insert Super Mario Adventures: Game 1 into your Nintendo 64 and turn the power on. Before the title screen appears, you will be asked: "Do you wish to view the game demo?" Select "No" to skip the demo and go to the Title screen.

MAIN MENU
At the Main Menu screen, you will have a choice of 3 options to go to: "Start Game", "Save Files", and "Extras". Select "Start Game" to begin.

SAVE FILES (SAVING AND LOADING GAMES)
To save a game, just pause the game, and then select "Save Game" from the Pause Menu. You will then be asked: "Do you wish to save your game?" Select "Yes" to save.

To load a game, choose "Save Files" at the Main Menu screen. A list of files will then appear on the screen. Choose the file you wish to open and press Start. An example of one of the files is displayed below.

File Name: Player's Name / World / % Complete

EXTRAS (CHEATS AND CODES)
Here, you can enter certain cheats and codes that will affect the game play. When you see the box that displays "ENTER CODE", enter the code you want and press "OK".

CODE: RESULT
1-level-win: Makes the game end after beating just 1 level.
All-lives: Gives you unlimited lives.
Bowser-battle: Lets you fight Bowser on any level you choose.
Fast-forward: Makes the game very fast.
Fly-to-sky: Gives you unlimited Wings.
No-bosses: Makes the game free of world bosses.
No-swim: Makes you walk in water levels.
Shrooms-bad: Makes the Super Mushrooms kill you.
Slow-mo.: Makes the game very slow.
Time-expired: Gives you unlimited time.
Ultra-cheat: Makes all cheats accessible at the same time.
Warped-levels: Makes the levels look really weird.

BUTTON CONTROLS
The button controls in Super Mario Adventures are almost the same as in Super Mario 64.

A: Jump
B: Attack/Cancel selection
C: Change view (see also: CAMERA ANGLES)
D-Pad: Move characters (all directions)
L: Not needed
R: Not needed
Start: Pause game/Confirm selection
Z: Crouch/Pick up

BASIC MOVES
Back Flip: Duck and jump. Back flips let you reach high platforms that you couldn't reach normally.
Butt Bash: Jump and press the Z button. This powerful move can be used to knock posts into the ground.
Crouch: Press the Z button.
Double-Punch & Kick: Press the B button 3 times. Use these powerful moves to knock down posts and defeat enemies.
Enter Standing-Up Pipes: Jump onto the Pipe and press Z.
Enter Upside-Down Pipes: Jump under the Pipe and press Z.
Fly: Triple Jump (see below) while wearing a Wing Suit. While flying, press Left or Right on the D-Pad to steer. To dive, press Down. To stop flying, press the Z button.
Jump: Press the A button. The longer you hold the button down, the higher you'll jump.
Pick up objects: Press the B button when standing next to an object. To throw the object, press the B button again.
Run: Press the B button while walking.
Shoot Fireballs: Press the B button while wearing a Fire Suit.
Super Jump: Press the A button while running.
Triple Jump: Jump 3 times in a row while running. Triple Jumps let you cover long distances, so be careful of how far you want to jump.

CAMERA ANGLES
Just like in Super Mario 64, you have the ability to switch the camera angles of the game.

There are 5 camera angles that you can adjust in the game: Normal, Far, Close-up, Left, and Right. To adjust the angles, press any of the 4 C buttons.

Angle: C button used
Normal: None
Far: C-Down
Close-up: C-Up
Left: C-Left
Right: C-Right

GOAL PIPES
At the end of each level, there is an Exit Pipe. When you enter it (completing the level) your Level Score and your Coin Total will be added up to your High Score.

ENEMIES
There are tons of enemies that will try to kill you as you progress through your journey. Many of the enemies have been seen in previous Mario games, but there are also a couple new ones that you'll want to watch out for…

Aqua Plant (new): A Piranha Plant that swims through the water. It cannot be killed.
Big Bertha: A large fish that spits Cheep Cheeps at you.
Big Boo: A large version of Boo. It follows you if you turn away from it.
Bloober: A squid that chases you through the water.
Bob-Omb: A bomb that explodes if you touch it.
Boo: A ghost that follows you if you turn away from it.
Boomerang Bros.: A Koopa that throws boomerangs.
Boss Bass: A huge man-eating fish.
Bullet Bill: A bullet that shoots out of cannons.
Buster Beetle: A Buzzy Beetle that throws Ice Blocks.
Buzzy Beetle: A fireproof beetle.
Chain Chomp: A saw-toothed metal ball that's connected to a chain.
Cheep Cheep: A fish that leaps out of the water.
Dry Bones: A Koopa skeleton. It cannot be killed.
Fire Bros.: A Koopa that spits fireballs.
Fire Plant: A Piranha Plant that spits fireballs.
Fly Guy: A Shy Guy that flies after you.
Goomba: A walking mushroom with large fangs.
Goombot (new): A robotic Goomba that hovers over the ground. It cannot be killed.
Hammer Bros.: A Koopa that throws hammers.
Jigglypuff (new?): A Pokemon that sings you to sleep. Jump repeatedly to wake up.
Koopa Paratroopa: A Koopa with wings. Red ones fly; green ones hop.
Koopa Troopa: A turtle. Red ones walk off platforms; green ones stay on platforms.
Lakitu: A Koopa that hides in the clouds. It tosses Spiny Eggs at you.
Monty Mole: A mole that digs holes in the ground.
Mr. Blizzard: A snowman that tosses snowballs at you.
Para-Goomba: A Goomba with wings. Red ones hop; yellow ones fly.
Piranha Plant: A man-eating plant usually found in Pipes.
Pokey: A walking cactus.
Shy Guy: A hooded creature that wears a mask.
Spiny: A beetle with spines on its shell.
Thwimp: A small Thwomp that hops back and forth. It cannot be killed.
Thwomp: A large stone block that falls from the ceiling. It cannot be killed.
Voltorb (new?): An electric Pokemon that looks like a Pokeball. It shoots electric sparks at you.
Wiggler: A large caterpillar with a flower on its head.

HEALTH METER (GAME OVER)
At the top of the game screen, you will see a long bar. This is you Health Meter. With each blow you take, it goes down by 2 points. You can replenish points by collecting Coins or finding Hearts.

When your Health Meter gets empty, you lose a life. If you lose all of your lives, the Game Over screen will appear. You will then have 3 choices: "Continue", "Quit", or "Save". Select "Continue" to continue on the last level you saved on.

If you select "Save" you will go to the Save Files screen, where you can save your current game.

If you select "Quit", you will return to the Main Menu.

ITEMS
Just like in all Mario games, you can collect certain items that will make you more powerful.

10 Magic Keys: These were stolen by Bowser. You must find all of them in order to gain access to certain levels of the game.
10-Up Moon: This gives you 10 extra lives.
1-Up Mushroom: This gives you 1 extra life.
Bounce Board: This lets you bounce really high.
Fire Flower: This gives you the Fire Suit. You can then shoot fireballs.
Golden Coin: These replenish your Health Meter by 5 points. Collect 100 of them to gain an extra life.
Heart: This completely replenishes your Health Meter.
P-Switch: This changes Coins to Bricks and vice/versa.
Star: This makes you invincible. While invincible, no enemies can harm you.
Super Mushroom: This changes you into a giant. You can then break Bricks.
Wings: This gives you the Wing Suit. You can then fly.

STRATEGY
*Note: This strategy guide is based on the complete, normal game. No codes were used during the making of this guide.

World 1: Mushroom Fields
How to get there:
In Bowser's Castle, go over to the long stairway and turn left. Now enter the door with the Super Mushroom picture on the front of it.

Locations of 1-Up Mushrooms and 10-Up Moons:
1. There is a 1-Up mushroom above the 1st Pipe you see. Punch the invisible ?-Block to get it.
2. At the area with the Monty Moles, kill all of the Monty Moles to reveal a 10-Up Moon.
3. At the area with the giant mushrooms, go over to the 2nd smallest mushroom and butt bash on it. A 1-Up Mushroom should appear.

How to get the 1st Key:
Go to the area with the group of Goombas. Kill them and walk over to the bush on your left. Run around it in 3 complete circles to reveal the 1st Key.

World 2: Cloud Kingdom
How to get there:
In Bowser's Castle, back flip into the window above the entrance door.

1. At the 1st small cloud in front of you, kill the Lakitu and fireball the Spinys he sends out at you. A pair of 1-Up Mushrooms should appear.
2. At the area with the floating platforms, jump onto the 2nd platform and jump up. A 10-Up Moon should appear inside an invisible ?-Block.

How to get the 2nd Key:
At the Airship, climb up the crow's nest and kill the Crow Boss that's there. The 2nd Key should then appear on the deck of the ship.

World 3: Sand Dunes
How to get there:
In Bowser's Castle, jump into the wall next to the Warp Pipe in the lobby.

1. While on the tallest hill, jump up to reveal an invisible ?-Block containing 2 1-Up Mushrooms.
2. At the area with the 5 pools of quicksand, jump over the 2nd pit to reveal a 1-Up Mushroom.
3. At the oasis, jump over the palm tree to reveal a 10-Up Moon.

How to get the 3rd Key:
Defeat the Rock Boss inside the secret cave. The 3rd Key should then appear outside the cave.

World 4: Nightmare Mansion
How to get there:
Go outside Bowser's Castle and jump down the grate just outside the front entrance to the castle.

None

How to get the 4th Key:
Defeat the Big Boo in the attic. The 4th Key should appear near the window to the left of the door.

World 5: Deep Blue Sea
How to get there:
Go outside Bowser's Castle and jump into the moat. Swim down to the door at the bottom of the moat and enter it.

1. Near Yoshi's Island, you should see a large sign saying "Welcome to Yoshi's Isle". Go behind the sign and jump up. A 1-Up Mushroom should appear inside an invisible ?-Block.
2. At the area with Boss Bass, swim up to the surface of the water and jump onto the 1st small island you see. Butt bash on the island and a 10-Up Moon should appear.

How to get the 5th Key:
At Yoshi's Island, find and rescue Yoshi from the Goomba Boss. The 5th Key should appear in the middle of the ocean, off the West Coast of the island.

World 6: Ice Palace
How to get there:
In Bowser's Castle, enter the icy window in the attic.

1. Jump onto the tree near the giant ice pit. A 1-Up Mushroom should appear.
2. Near the entrance of the igloo, jump up to reveal an invisible ?-Block containing a 10-Up Moon.
3. Kill all of the Mr. Blizzards in the level. 3 10-Up Moons should appear at the Exit Pipe.

How to get the 6th Key:
Climb to the top of the giant snowman and butt bash on its head. The 6th Key should appear near the snowman's mouth.

World 7: Lava Mountain
How to get there:
In Bowser's Castle, jump into the lava in the dungeon.

1. Near the middle of the volcano, jump onto the 2nd lift and ride it up to the 3rd platform. Now jump onto the platform and butt bash on it. 5 1-Up Mushrooms should appear.
2. Near the entrance to Wario, kick the door to reveal 3 10-Up Moons.

How to get the 7th Key:
Defeat Wario at the top of the volcano. The 7th Key should appear just outside the top of the volcano.

World 8: Bowser's Dungeon
How to get there:
At Bowser's Castle, go into the dungeon.

None

How to get the 9th Key:
Rescue the Princess, just outside Bowser's Lair.

How to get the 10th Key:
Rescue the King, inside Bowser's Lair.

If you find all of the 10 Keys, and rescue the Princess and the King, you will be transported to the Secret World…

World 9: Secret World
How to get there:
See above.

1. All of the ?-Blocks (except 10) contain 1-Up Mushrooms. The rest contain 10-Up Moons.
2. There are 50 ?-Blocks in all. In the top-right corner of the screen, you will see a 2-minute timer. If you can punch all of the ?-Blocks within 2 minutes, you win…

GOOD LUCK!

ENDING
If you complete the game successfully, you will see the ending:

Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Yoshi are all standing outside Peach's Castle. Mario and Luigi are doing their "victory" signs. Toad is hopping up and down. Yoshi is smiling and waving.

Peach comes up to Mario and kisses him on the nose. She then goes to Luigi and kisses him on the forehead. She then goes over to Yoshi and pets him. After that, she and Toad go into the castle and later come out with a huge lasagna! She hands Mario and Luigi the lasagna, who thank her. Peach then smiles and the camera pans out into the sky…

COPYRIGHT LAWS
Super Mario Adventures © 2000 Nintendo of America, Inc. All rights reserved.

Nintendo of America owns all characters, names, and titles listed in this manual. No one may copy or change things in this manual without permission from the publisher and/or author.

Well, how was it?

This game was created by Mario Maniac on Microsoft Word. IT IS NOT A REAL GAME; JUST MADE UP!

Mario Maniac!!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/2/2000 8:52:24 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2000, 06:25:00 PM »
I have to say it...

Holy cow!!! Did everybody read that?  It's a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Mario Game!  Top secret information!  The 64 may just have some life in it yet!  Did you see the copyright symbols?  It _must_ be real!

Just remember, you saw it at TMK first!

; )
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2000, 07:08:01 PM »
Wow. Just...wow. Is this a real game? If it isn't, you can write! Again...wow.

"Plumbers don't sleep on the job unless we're being paid by the hour!"
~Mario
"Plumbers don't sleep on the job unless we're being paid by the hour!"
~Mario

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2000, 06:32:44 AM »
Well, I'm sorry it isn't a real game, yet.

I just made it up...

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2000, 03:14:30 PM »
Why are Pokémon in your game?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2000, 06:27:16 AM »
Because I wanted to create a game that all gamers (of the Nintendo era) would love...
I coudn't put Link or Donkey Kong in it because they already have their own N64 games.
I thought about putting in Sonic the Hedgehog but then it wouldn't be a game made only by Nintendo; Sega would have had to license Sonic to Nintendo in order for them to use him... But they'll never do that I hope...

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2000, 06:28:22 AM »
Because I wanted to create a game that all gamers (of the Nintendo era) would love...
I coudn't put Link or Donkey Kong in it because they already have their own N64 games.
I thought about putting in Sonic the Hedgehog but then it wouldn't be a game made only by Nintendo; Sega would have had to license Sonic to Nintendo in order for them to use him... But they'll never do that I hope...

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2000, 07:51:11 PM »
is this working?

Lets here it for the old school mario games!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2000, 07:54:11 PM »
Geez, looks like you put lots of thought into your game! Very nice, I'm designing my own mario game right now, sort of in a different way. Eventually i plan to have it be an actuall game. I'll be posting screen shots on my website soon too. But i can't plug my website here so you'll just have to email me or look up my ID thingy and click the link

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2000, 09:05:13 PM »
What a coincidence!  I'm making a Mario game too!

...but it is going rather slowly; levels take a while to make.
...plus I'm don't like making animations.
...and then there are bugs (infernal goombas!)

Still, it'll be done eventually... I hope...

Hey, shyguy22, how are you going to make your game?  Do you have some special game industry connections that could get it produced, or a you planning on programming it á la computer?  Just curious...
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2000, 06:18:04 AM »
I haven't really thought about making this into a full-fledged Mario game that you can play... I just wrote it for fun.

Although, do any of you know how I can make this into a real game? Could I send a copy of the game to Nintendo and hope that they'll turn it into a game?

Mario Maniac!!

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2000, 07:36:43 AM »
I don't have any offical connections. I plan on using something that people can go to on the net and play. Perhaps one of those languga,...whatever. Anyway, for now i'm just making the map or horizontal scroll thingy, i made my first section last night. My games called "Mario in Hell" (A walk through shyguys world). Whats our game called? How are you making yours?

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2000, 10:48:14 AM »
i have a fangame site, if you wanted i could turn your idea into a real fangame, but i would need some help, would you like to see it as a actual game?
my site in my sig is all about fangames and stuff.

http://www.fangamesforever.com/
my fangame site.

Edited by - Ultra on 12/3/2000 8:53:40 AM
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2000, 01:22:45 PM »
I'm using a great little progam called Multimedia Fusion Express.  Behind that ostentatious name it's actually a very formidable program.  The game I'm making is called "Super Mario Universe," named in reference to a Fox Trot comic.  It's not of great quality, relative to comercial games, but for a fan game with a development staff of one, it's pretty good.

The program I'm using (and others related to it) are quite good if you'd like to try your hand a game programming.  I'd certainly recommend them.

Anyway, good luck to everybody on making those visions into playable realities.
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2000, 06:28:29 AM »
HEY! I made a game called "Super Mario Universe" also! YOU COPIED OFF MY IDEA!

Mario Maniac!!

Print