Print

Author Topic: HOLIDAY 2004 DISC ERASES ALL SAVE FILES!  (Read 1991 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: November 19, 2004, 07:34:48 PM »
Subject: CONSUMER ALERT: HOLIDAY 2004 DEMO DISC GLITCH

Dear PlayStation(R) Underground Member,

You are scheduled to receive the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc
including the playable Viewtiful Joe 2 - please take note.
It has just been brought to our attention that there is a
glitch in this demo which will erase all of your saved files
from your Memory Card(s). If you have not yet played the
Viewtiful Joe 2 demo, please remove your Memory Card(s)
from your PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system
before you load the Holiday 2004 Demo Disc.

Sony Computer Entertainment America would like to express
our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have
caused you.

http://playstation.mx0.net/r?clHqJqEcPTJEHWHlnvPvPv

---

I just got the above in an email from PlayStation-Underground@PlayStation.sony.com

Below is what was on their website.

---

Being a leader in the industry is not all it's cracked up to be. Second-class competitors snipe at our every move, kids tease us about our husky silhouette, and monsters are always chapping our behind, all of which forces us to hide our sensitive side under a plucky, who-loves-ya-baby facade. And yet, in our quiet, reflective moments, we never stop wondering: Do they like us? No, really, do they like us?

Send us your comments about anything even vaguely related to the PlayStation world.

---

To my knowledge no "Second-class competitor" has ever issued software that deletes its user's save files.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 10:18:16 PM »
I have nothing against the other consoles.

They're inanimate objects, what should I have against them? That the Xbox is taking up too much space in my room? That the PS2's ridiculous amount of RPGs are making me suffocate? I don't have either of these consoles, but I've played them, I like them, I'll continue to play them whenever get an opportunity, and the people who hate the other consoles just because of their physical appearance and/or quality of the games are just as twisted as my orange cat who thinks she's a dog.

Sorry, just had to rant a bit there.

Oh, and about that glitch, that stinks. Too bad the people who got the demo had all their stuff erased.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 11/19/2004 8:18:55 PM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 11:41:43 PM »
If something like that happened to my GC I would cry for a week.  No make that a year.  I really feel for them (the Play Stationians), even though I don't own one.  Do you think... perhaps Nintendo bribed Capcom to do that intentionally so people would trust GC more?! (bad joke)

On November 21st, Nintendo will unleash the greatest handheld system on America that this world has ever seen.  Two screens, two extra buttons, one touch-sensitive screen, wireless multiplayer, voice recognition, a rechargeable battery, and more.  Prepare to severely wet yourself.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 11/19/2004 9:55:19 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 09:26:20 PM »
I'm going to need to change this profile because I have a new computer.  I'll probably come back as "Retro gamer" or something like that.

Killing isn''t funny, unless you''re killing idiotic cartoon characters like Tiff and Tuff or Yugioh.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 10:08:48 PM »
What the heck? You can't change your nick, an admin has to do that for you. Also, why would you need to change it?
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 10:39:30 PM »
Chup's right.  If I can just remember my password for this account, I won't have to make one for this new computer.

Killing isn''t funny, unless you''re killing idiotic cartoon characters like Tiff and Tuff or Yugioh.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print