Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477842 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1290 on: June 24, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
One other thing to consider with pipes is how Mario can go up the pipes that are upside down. How does he do that?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1291 on: June 24, 2007, 06:48:30 PM »
Maybe there is a ladder inside the pipe that Mario climbs/grabs on to after jumping in? Or, we could always use the elevator theory here, too.

.. I feel like we've discussed this before, earlier in the thread. Have we gone full circle with Mariology? Probably not..

Starmen coming from the Star Road, that's an intriguing thought.. It would make sense, since most of the stars (all the stars?) we've ever seen in the Mario games have had eyes. The star that picked the Geno doll in Mario RPG didn't have eyes though..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1292 on: June 25, 2007, 10:00:09 PM »
Being the inherently strange things they are, I wouldn't scoff at the idea of the manipulation of gravity. I always felt like I was entering a different type of space when being pulled into a pipe.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1293 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »
Starmen coming from the Star Road, that's an intriguing thought.. It would make sense, since most of the stars (all the stars?) we've ever seen in the Mario games have had eyes. The star that picked the Geno doll in Mario RPG didn't have eyes though..
It might have. It was rather small and the resolution whould not have been able to show eyes at that size.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1294 on: June 28, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
Speaking of gravity... anyone notice that in videos of Super Mario Galaxy, Mario falls towards every object at the same acceleration regardless of its size? The only way that could happen is if every object was extremely dense in mass, wouldn't it?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1295 on: June 28, 2007, 04:40:10 PM »
"Mario Teaches Physics!"

« Reply #1296 on: June 29, 2007, 12:23:45 PM »
This reminds me. Should we here in Mariology 101 decide whether or not the physics in Super Paper Mario (such as the the differences between 2D and 3D exist in the world) or whether it just counts in that demension ( Merlon did say it was a different dimension)?
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1297 on: June 29, 2007, 02:36:20 PM »
NE89: Theoretically it would also depend on what speed he was going before the gravitational pull of whatever object attracted him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1298 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:47 AM »
Theoretically, it doesn't matter if every object is extremely dense or not. If Mario falls toward each with the same acceleration, it just means they all have the same mass. So small ones are denser and large ones are less.

Theoretically, every object in the universe is attracting Mario at all times, making Chup's sentence pretty meaningless.

Theoretically, Mario's speed in any direction doesn't affect his acceleration at all.

« Reply #1299 on: June 30, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »
NE89: Theoretically it would also depend on what speed he was going before the gravitational pull of whatever object attracted him.

That doesn't make sense. Even if he was standing still on the object and jumped, he would fall back onto it at the same acceleration nonetheless.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1300 on: July 01, 2007, 12:51:46 AM »
These are small objects we're talking about. Realistically, they probably wouldn't have enough mass for him to be noticeably pulled towards them. If he is almost stationary when something begins to pull him towards it, you can't tell me he would get there as fast as if he were moving towards it when he entered its gravitational pull. Maybe close to impact the speed would be about the same though.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1301 on: July 01, 2007, 06:48:35 AM »
But that's not what I was implying. I'm not talking about him when he's being catapulted through space. I've just noticed that when Mario is on the surface of any object and then jumps, he will fall back to it at the same acceleration as any other object, regardless of size. It's like jumping on the moon or Jupiter and falling back to it at the same acceleration as if you did that on earth.

« Reply #1302 on: July 01, 2007, 10:30:09 AM »
The thing that's throwing Chup is the difference between "acceleration" and "velocity".

Of course if Mario was initially coming down to the planet faster, he would arrive.... faster!
But his acceleration (change in velocity, whatever Mario started with) would be the same.

« Reply #1303 on: July 15, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
Here's something to think about.

In the Nimbus Land castle, what did Valentina do before she usurped the king and queen? Was she even in the castle in the first place? Is she even a resident of Nimbus Land, considering she is human and the Nimbus Land residents are clouds?
We have a secret page!

« Reply #1304 on: July 16, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »
She's obviously a pirate, because she wears a parrot on her head. XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print