Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476100 times)

« Reply #1230 on: May 16, 2007, 09:55:08 PM »
I got the meaning but I just wanted to ask English speakers about this phrase if I got it wrong. :)
I got to learn more and more English because it's not my first language. :)

And what about game phrases... hmmm... would you like to be my teacher? :))  (just a joke)

To answer your question: yes, it would be wrong to say I HAVE FURY! if you are mad at someone. Just simply saying I am mad! would suffice.

More Mariology: I think this has already been asked, but what other kinds of lands do you think surround the Mushroom Kingdom? I know we have BeanBean to the South and Sarasaland to the.. *whatever direction it's in* (Daisy's Kingdom, for Mario newcomers), but then where is the Mushroom Kingdom in relation to Dinosaur Land? or the locations in the sports games (Golf courses, Tennis courts, Kart tracks)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:29:36 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1231 on: May 16, 2007, 11:41:49 PM »
Well, some of the Kart tracks are located near Princess Peach's castle [Royal Raceway, Mario Raceway (I think); just two examples from MK64]
For MKDD, Peach Beach appears to be located somewhere near Gelato Beach in Isle Delfino, and Daisy Cruiser seems to be sailing the seas just off Isle Delfino.  (lol Firefox doesn't know much Italian) 

"I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorok!" "I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!" As far as I'm concerned, those games NEVER existed outside the hundreds of YouTube poops.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1232 on: May 17, 2007, 05:13:22 AM »
I know we have BeanBean to the East
It's south.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1233 on: May 17, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »
I always assumed Dinosaur Land was to the south, seeing how Yoshi's Island is tropical and all.

"I AM ERROR!" -Error

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1234 on: June 09, 2007, 10:25:27 AM »
I think that peach and daisy are cousins
and i think that toads are mario and peach's children
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1235 on: June 09, 2007, 12:24:28 PM »
You can't be serious. Mariology isn't about making baseless assumptions. What evidence is there?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1236 on: June 09, 2007, 12:25:31 PM »
His theory makes no sense, so Peach gave birth to all the residents of TMK?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1237 on: June 09, 2007, 01:30:33 PM »
Besides, the human and toads theroy has already been discussed earlier.  Most humans live in a unseen part of the Mushroom Kingdom, and we see more of toads. Plus, Mario and Peach are not married yet, and I do not think that they would.... (Not yet anyway...) Toads and humans are very diffrent species. That preety much ends that part of the disscussion. Oh, and about the map thing, all the areas in Paper Mario 2 are probably north of the Mushroom Kingdom beacause at the beginning of the game, Marios boat that he rides on comes from the south on the ocean. Toadsworth also mentions that Peach and himself had stopped to get fuel for the boat. So we can also safely assume that thier is a large body of water to the north of the mushroom kingdom... OR unless the areas in Paper Mario 2 are in the Mushroom Kingdom.

« Reply #1238 on: June 10, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
Ah, but there was the Starshade Bros in MLSS. They wore Toad hats but had ears and noses and were about Mario and Luigi's height.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #1239 on: June 10, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »

Uh.............................no.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1240 on: June 10, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »

There were Toads in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time in the past, when Peach was just a baby, so that theory couldn't make any sense.

I believe that the Toads actually grew from the ground, and are actually living fungus. I mean, they got mushrooms on their head. Could it be anymore obvious?

Just kidding about my theory. I acknowledge the possibility that those mushroom heads could actually be hats.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1241 on: June 10, 2007, 05:10:04 PM »
I"ve been trying to come up with a thoery on how mushroom people mate. I think this article will come in handy.

I'd say it's easiest to assume that the mushroomers are chytrids.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:08:50 PM by The Chef »

« Reply #1242 on: June 10, 2007, 05:13:15 PM »
The URL's messed up TC.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1243 on: June 10, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »
Are you sure it doesn't happen when a female Toad's spores mix with a male Toad's spores?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1244 on: June 10, 2007, 07:57:30 PM »
About the gravity and jumping discussion; the gravity is the same in The Mushroom Kingdom and in the real world. Humans don't have special jumping abilities(Peach floating, Mario and Luigi jumping high, Yoshi's flutterjump), my guess is that they're born like that. Toad jumping as high as Mario or Luigi is just a cartoon expression showing that he's shocked. Also the Paper World and the real Mario World aren't two different worlds. Think: The Mushroom Kingdom, Shine Sprites, Peach's Castle, Bowser's Castle, etc. These all fit perfectly into the real Mario World. This was already mentioned, but some things in the Paper World were put into future Mario games(Tutankoopa, Star Spirits, etc.).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print