Poll

Which of these game franchises do you think should be made into a movie?

Duke Nukem
2 (6.1%)
MechWarrior
2 (6.1%)
Sonic the Hedgehog
5 (15.2%)
Fire Emblem
5 (15.2%)
Other
19 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: Videogame Movies  (Read 13899 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2006, 07:16:31 PM »
I think that's common knowledge by now.
every

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 06:38:57 PM »
 A movie based on tetris would be awesome. It would star a lonely tetris piece, searching for a place in life, but just can't fit in. No one uses him. But one day, he is selected by the tetris god(the player) to go to the tetris championship in "the land beyond the sun". Excited, the tetris peice begins training for the championship. On the way, his father helps him train, and a mysterious figure offers him money if he forfeits the contest. You can just imagine it, can't you?

Seriously, a Viewtiful Joe movie would be cool. The game's plot even takes place in a movie! Casting wouldn't be to hard, considering most of the characters are either human or humanoid. VJ's powers are mostly movie based, like slow and zoom. If you've ever played Viewtiful Joe, you'll know it just begs to be a movie.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »
A movie based on tetris would be awesome.

The Tetris Chainsaw Massacre! Plus...
Island of Dr. Mario
Super Mario Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
every

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
Acctually, Glorb, the tetris movie was supposed to be joke. But your idea is funny, as well.

Oh, and as for the VJ movie, I think Arnold Swartzenager(sp?) would play Joe. But he wouldn't speak, just lip sync. Bob D. Barker (Joe's voice actor) would do the voiceovers for him.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2006, 06:19:52 PM »
I think Seth Green or Elijah Wood ... would make a much better VJ.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »
A Viewtiful Joe movie would probably be one of the best video game movies, so long as Capcom is directly involved in it.

By the way, I think George Clooney should play the main guy in the Spy Hunter movie; The Rock just isn't very spy-like. In fact, I had a great idea... the SH movies could be, essentially, one big long car chase, and the main character wouldn't even have a name. Think of it -- Speed was essentially one big car chase, and that movie rocked.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2006, 09:34:35 AM »
You just reminded me how much I want to see a cartoon short based on mario Kart, Glorb.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2006, 02:11:12 PM »
Well, they sorta, kinda, almost did that on Robot Chicken.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2006, 02:53:19 PM »
That wasn't good enough. I want something like the old commercial for Super Mario Kart or the Japanese commercial for Mario Kart Advance.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »
The US version commercial of MKA is auewsome! Has anybody watched it here?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2006, 02:59:55 PM »
You mean the one with the minivan vs. the guys in the Mario character suits? That was cool, but I was refering to this one from Japan that was all animated.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2006, 03:10:04 PM »
I should download it.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2006, 07:22:39 AM »
I liked th MK:DD commercials with the old people in shopping carts throwing stuff at each other.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 01:33:39 PM »
I'd like to see a Zelda movie with Sean Connery as Ganondorf or Darunia.  Oh, and Link should have very little personality, and should have little-to-no lines.  Link should have allies traveling with him; they can do the talking for Link. (kind of like how the partners in PM2 do most of the speaking for Mario)

I'll watch a Metroid movie as long as a good actress, who can do her own stunts, is picked for the role of Samus.

I'd like to see another Mario movie as long as 1) It's animated.  Or if Nintendo dubs that old "Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach" Anime movie.
Actually, I'd like to see a movie involving Fawful.
Most importantly, if a movie of a Nintendo series is made, it needs some reliable people from Nintendo to supervise.

I don't think the SSB series should be made into a movie.  A movie needs story, and when you make something like SSB (which is known to have very little plot, if any) into a movie, some fans will feel alienated from the series they love so much.  If you want a SSB with plot and story, go to FF.net.

I don't want a Zelda or new Mario movie to happen till the video-game-movies-usually-suck era ends.

I'm voting 'other' as in 'none for the time being'.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »
I recently heard that Nintendo is going to make anime with their one studio soon. There's supposedly going to be an anime movie based on Animal Crossing. Hopefully they'll make a Mario-related one. Preferable a remake of 'Great Mission'. Or maybe they'll do something similar to my 'Plumbing Academy' idea.

Print