2/1 Curious George (GCN)
0 (0%)
2/6 Chibi-Robo (GCN)
3 (7%)
2/21 Sonic Riders (GCN)
7 (16.3%)
2/28 FIFA Street 2 (GCN)
1 (2.3%)
2/6 Finding Nemo: Escape to the Big Blue (NDS)
0 (0%)
2/7 Resident Evil Deadly Silence (NDS)
2 (4.7%)
2/8 The Rub Rabbits  (NDS)
4 (9.3%)
2/14 Age of Empires: Age of Kings (NDS)
2 (4.7%)
2/21 Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll (NDS)
1 (2.3%)
2/27 Super Princess Peach (NDS)
12 (27.9%)
2/28 FIFA Street 2 (NDS)
0 (0%)
Other Feb releases?
1 (2.3%)
None
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: March 01, 2006, 08:29:51 PM

Print

Author Topic: Most Wanted Nintendo Games - Feb. 2006 Edition  (Read 9549 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 06:59:37 PM »
Rub Rabbits looks more interesting then I first thought:  http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=6507410&publicUserId=5729773
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 07:03:03 PM »
There's not really a game out in Febuary, but there's two that will come out in March or April.

Metroid Prime: Hunters and Zelda: Twilight Princess.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 07:12:21 PM »
Metroid Prime Hunters is coming out on March 20, but I'm sorry to inform you that Twilight Princess has been pushed back to at least November.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »
You're... You're kidding me... Again??? But... ARGH!

I was almost certain that it would come out March... I mean, it was even first planned to come out November 2005. But November 2006? It's like they're trying to make us more anxious. I can't believe it, I was so excited. When did this news come about?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 07:23:49 PM »
Speaking of Zelda, Fils-Aime said that it's important to satisfy GameCube owners by releasing the game on that system, rather than on Revolution. However, he adds that "...it will almost be a launch title for Revolution...one of the things I would love to see is something that makes Zelda, when it's played on Revolution, do something magical."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 07:29:31 PM »
I might get SPP if it ends up being good (and if I ever buy a DS....) but I suspect that it will be way too easy.  I say that because Nintendo games have been getting progressively easier over time, and SPP, being marketed toward girls, will probably be easier than most.  I don't mean to offend any of the female members by saying that girls need easier games than guys.  I'm not sexist.  But, I suspect that Nintendo IS sexist, and will probably make a game marketed toward girls easier.  My guess that Nintendo is sexist is based on the fact that Nintendo is racist...they think Americans gamers need easier games than Japanese, which is why most Nintendo games get easier in the process of North American localization.

Anyway, I voted for Age of Empires DS.  But it's moot since I don't own a DS...

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 07:30:05 PM »
I agree with it.

I haven't heard much news on the Revolution, so I was just curious- Will it also have just a normal controller, or mabey at least be able to connect to GCN, N64, etc. controllers?

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »
Actually, Hirocon, the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. DX has and easier Challenge mode. And besides that, they haven't made a game easier in a long time.

Khold, GCN controllers plug straight into REV. It has the four controller ports and the memory card ports, too. A REV pretty much is a GCN.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 07:40:02 PM »

Now back on topic.  Has anyone purchased any of this month's Nintendo games?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:10:10 AM by Luigison »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »
Have you seen the official Super Princess Peach website?  http://www.superprincesspeach.com/  There you can listen to the main theme music and print a custom magazine, but not much else yet.  You can still read about the game and see screenshots and video at http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=0b970a5a-f74c-4501-9b14-d2f08ff7de52

Rub Rabbits doesn't have an official site that I know of, but it's nintendo.com page has screens, video, and more info:  http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=m_A1HXbr2tECVYaFO-vNZ6utCCBNPlTm&

I traded in a lot of old games and DVDs last night and got Drill Dozer GBA and Guitar Hear PS2. 

Drill Dozer is better than I expected.  Although the cart looks like a bootleg from China, it's rumble works much better than the NDS rumble pak that came with Metroid Pinball.  It also supports the GameBoy Player.  Too bad the HORI SNES styled GCN and Wavebird controllers don't have rumble.  I'll might use the rest of my credit to get the new NubyTech MegaMan GCN controller that I tried at GameStop last weekend.  It's slightly smaller then the standard GCN controllers and the triggers feel better to me.  Besides, I get a strange MegaMan feeling while playing Drill Dozer.  I highly recommend it. 

I haven't played Guitar Hero yet, but I've only heard good things about it and several people at my GameStop want to play together.  I'm waiting to play it when my wife can see it. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:47:20 AM by Luigison »

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 02:41:45 PM »
Where did Guitar Hero come from? (I mean why did you start talking about it, not what company made it) Anyway, I've played it before, a couple times at Best Buy. It's fun. A little hard to explain, but it's basically DDR in Guitar form.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 06:40:35 AM »
Where did Guitar Hero come from? (I mean why did you start talking about it, not what company made it) Anyway, I've played it before, a couple times at Best Buy. It's fun. A little hard to explain, but it's basically DDR in Guitar form.
I only mentioned Guitar Hero because I bought it at the same time I got Drill Dozer.  Guitar Hero is made by Red Octane for the Play Station 2. 

I've found that Chibi-Robo has gotten mixed reviews.  Game Informer gave it 5 out of 10, while Nintendo Power gave it 8 out of 10.  It's currently got a 73% average on GameRankings.com:  http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/583171.asp  From people I've heard discuss it at GameStop it is a type of game that people either love or hate, though I've also heard it fairly easy and short for a fifty dollar game.   Regardless, I want to play it, but don't have the money right now. 

Retail Guide:  http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2198&Itemid=2  <-- Pretty good Drill Dozer and Chibi-Robo presale impressions, but I disagree with him on Rub Rabbits, though never he nor I have played it.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 09:17:53 AM »
Super Princess Peach!

But I'll wait a little bit cause I want TP reeeeallly badly.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »
XD

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 09:01:44 PM »
Hey, don't laugh. :P I've been looking forward to this game since probably the end of 2003.  Don't get me wrong, I have bought other games during the wait.  I try to keep frugle(sp?) when buying games.  The only exceptions would be for a long awated Pokemon or Zelda game, Rev, and SSBR.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print