Print

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog  (Read 11838 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 06:26:18 PM »
You mean the Sonic 2 prototype? That was actually fun, if only for laughs. And as for the whole Mario/Sonic crossover idea, I actually think the "Generation X" attitude/stereotypical Italian accent contrast is neat. It could be where Bowser and Eggman team up (or something) and the level designs would be a cross between the two games' styles; Sonic's art deco-style flourishes, and Mario's semi-surreal style. Even better yet, Nintendo and/or Sega should release a 2D DS version, and have Mario controlled on the top screen (because that gameplay is more button-press-oriented and slow-paced) and Sonic on the touch screen (because that gameplay is more intuitive, semi-mindless rushing, in a good way). That would be awesome. But then again, neither Nintendo or Sega (or any other console game company) is exactly known for responding to fan-request letters. But we could all band together and nag them!
every

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 04:06:28 PM »
OK, anyone here gonna get Sonic Riders?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 03:45:43 PM »
I hope to. But it might be too "hip" even for my tastes (Sonic on a flying snowboard seems a bit too "Generation X").
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 05:01:58 PM »
I'm going to try and rent it first.

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 12:33:01 PM »
I like Sonic. But I think Shadow is HOT.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 11:44:11 AM »
I'm thinking about getting Shadow the Hedgehog. Does anyone have an opinion about the game? I want to hear anyone's (Except Ultima Shadow's lol).

I saw on Gamespot that Shadow got.....

4.8 out of 10.  ???

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 11:49:32 AM »
Well, they'd be right. I thought it was just......bad. Sonic Riders is okay, but Shadow the Hedgehog is just the opposite of what Sonc stands for. Light-harted, colorful gameplay. Cool side-quests like the Chao. Funny cut-scenes. Shadow the Hedgehog is a bad game. Don't waste good money buying it. 2/10

This review brought to you buy PaperLuigi and co.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006, 12:02:06 PM »
So what about Sonic Riders? x/10?

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2006, 12:19:38 PM »
Sonic Riders is a fast game.....way different than Mario Kart. It's somewhat like Kirby's Air Ride, as you need not to press the A button to accelerate. But for the most part, the air will take you. Not much skill is required, just the abiliaty to spin the control stick real fast. Compared to MK, it is a mindless dash to the finish, imphasized too much on " extreme air and super fast speeds."

Graphics: 6/10. Nothing that coudn't have been done 3 years ago.
Control: 0/10. I give it zero because no control is really required.
Cut-scenes: 10/10. The best part. Beautifully done.
Sound: 7/10 Not bad, it comes out clear. But some of it get's real old. The constant air noise drives me crazy.
Gameplay: 7/10 Multiplayer is fun, with madness at every turn. But story mode is something to be skipped.
Replay Value: Moderate.
Overall: 6/10. It's a game too focused on speed and air. If more control was given to the game, it would have been wonderful. But sadly, it fell short. Go with MK, as I'm sure most of you have.

This review brought to you by "Paper n' Rock. 'Cause one piece of PaperLuigi just isn't enough."

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2006, 12:23:28 PM »

36 divided by 5, and it's a 7.2 out of 10. Not bad.

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2006, 02:39:36 PM »
No, you forgot the zero. The control is terrible. I'm saying "no control required" to be sarcastic. That's why it's 6 overall.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 02:41:19 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2006, 05:05:18 PM »
Sonic games are going downhill according to most people here.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »
I once owned Sonic Adventure Battle 2 for GCN.  Best part of the game: the song from the first level, "Escape from the City" or something like that.  That song got stuck in my head (in a good way) for so long... it's coming back...

I'll make it through, prove it to you!
Follow me!
OH YEAH!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2006, 05:05:57 PM »
Speaking of Sonic, how many people here watched the old Saturday morning Sonic cartoon when it was on?  How many of you watch Sonic X?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2006, 05:56:41 PM »
Sonic X is the definition of dub. It's terrible, I tell ya!

Print