Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 143528 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #525 on: May 07, 2007, 10:43:59 PM »
How... in the dukar... did you beat her with all of that junk? It took me six of the very best to wipe out the Champion, and three had fainted! I guess I'm just as unlucky as I suspected. I threw around 40 Dusk and then Timer Balls at one of those dang Emotion Pokemon, until I finally ran out of PP for Hypnotize.

« Reply #526 on: May 07, 2007, 11:19:10 PM »
I started playing Yellow again a couple of weeks back, when I was finishing up Twilight Princess.

I'm in Celadon City now.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #527 on: May 08, 2007, 06:21:48 PM »
Suffix: LOTS of luck, lots of type weaknesses, and lots of pyen (enough that I had 30 Revives and 30 Full Restores at the beginning; I used my last Revive on my last guy, who won it for me, and I still have like 7 Full Restores). Did I mention that my last save was right after I beat my rival (before I stepped through the door)?

I have Uxie and Azelf, and have met Mesprit. I only need 6 5 4 more to fill up the Sinnoh Dex (Chatot, Combee, Wormadam, Barboach, Finneon, Lumineon).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:27:40 PM by WarpRattler »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #528 on: May 08, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
Oh yeah, I have a Chatot (which I will never use in a million years)! Do you have a WFC thing?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #529 on: May 08, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »
If all goes as planned, I'll have WFC access tonight or tomorrow...also, I have a feeling I'll have better luck getting a Burmy in a trade than if I tried to get it normally...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #530 on: May 08, 2007, 10:34:47 PM »
Ha, ha ha ha... I found a Burmy in a tree after spreading honey on it and traded it to Suffix for a Bronzor from Japan that doesn't understand English (actually, I don't have my second badge yet... I haven't been playing much).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #531 on: May 09, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »
Oh, right, do you want that Burmy back? It's uh... not a Burmy anymore, but it's below Level 30.

EDIT: It's a Wormadam.

« Reply #532 on: May 09, 2007, 08:31:06 PM »
Can't you get a CHATOT from a trade with an NPC? I know I did.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #533 on: May 09, 2007, 08:46:38 PM »
I'll have to czech check. At any rate, now that I have the Good Rod, I can catch a Finneon (though I've seen it in a battle against a trainer) and evolve it, reducing the number to four. Also, considering my current situation (that is, my friend hasn't really looked for the stuff so I can play online), I probably won't be playing online for a while.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #534 on: May 09, 2007, 08:59:53 PM »
I used to play Pokemon like it was baseball.  In trying to raise all of them, I would switch them out in battle, sort of like going to the bullpen.  It was kind of cool, except I lost to the Elite Four in this, my most recent attempt at Pokemon.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #535 on: May 09, 2007, 09:05:05 PM »
Apparently a lot of people are having difficulty with E4, yet I have more trouble with finding non-legendaries for the Sinnoh Dex than with battling some powerful NPCs...

« Reply #536 on: May 09, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »
You didn't find the CHATOT trade or the Good Rod until after you beat it? Man, you really must not talk to people. I had both before the third badge. On the other hand, that probably explains why you have finished and I haven't.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #537 on: May 11, 2007, 09:51:12 AM »
I only need to evolve my Finneon and catch a female Burmy to unlock the rest of the game. Apparently Chatot can be caught during the morning or day on Routes 222 and 224, so I have one of those now.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #538 on: May 11, 2007, 10:48:50 AM »
Possible spoilers if you haven't gotten to the end of the game, I guess.

Hm, when I beat the Elite Four I had seen 144 in the Sinoh Dex. That left two "normal" and four "legendary" Pokemon. I had forgotten to visit Iron Island, and a trainer there had one Pokemon I needed (The one who's leaves cover it at night or in a cave; I forget its name) and the team-up partner gave an egg for the other I had missed.

Then, three of the "legendary" Pokemon were the lake ones, and finally Palkia, which you can obtain the "seen" status elsewhere.

Fighting every trainer I see is something I frequently do in Pokemon games, and I'm also a big fan of "One really high level Pokemon, and several lower level fellows" style of playing. Despite NPCs always saying that's not the way to go, that's how I roll.

I think Empoleon was 72 when I got to the Elite Four, and my next highest was a Medicham at 47 I caught in Victory Road, followed closely by a Graveler, 46, also from Victory Road and a Staraptor who was the third Pokemon I obtained, at 45. I had little trouble with the Elite Four, though the Champion did almost kill me by whoring Earthquake.

Haven't played too much since. Opened up Pal Park and traded my unfinished team from Leaf Green. Did some battle towering, but I'm to understand there's a lot more to do after you get the National Dex, so I'll have to look into it.

Anyways, if anyone needs any sort of Pokemon, and I have access to it, feel free to ask. I'm more than happy to send out eggs or whatnot.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #539 on: May 11, 2007, 07:05:06 PM »
Black Mage, do you have any powerful Pokemon that know a move such as Block or Mean Eye? I'm having trouble catching a certain, irritating Pokemon.

I probably wouldn't be able to make the trade very fair, so you could just loan me something of the sort... And WarpWrattler, are you telling me you have to collect a Pokemon of each gender?!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 07:53:16 PM by Suffix »

Print