Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142146 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #645 on: June 30, 2007, 08:45:14 PM »
Looks like I've passed the 400 mark in Pearl today. But now I seem to be running out of Pokémon to evolve...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #646 on: June 30, 2007, 10:54:44 PM »
From what I've heard, despite the awsomeness of it being the first Wi-Fi Wii game, Pokemon Battle Revolution is pretty shallow (though it looks awesome--which is weird, considering that every other console Pokemon game has had heinous graphics).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #647 on: July 04, 2007, 12:08:50 AM »
It doesn't look like it would be much fun outside of Wi-Fi games.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #648 on: July 04, 2007, 04:10:10 AM »
Well, I was wrong. Getting the National Dex does not let you move Pokémon between Diamond and a GBA games--only from GBA games to Diamond. I found this out after my search for a way to just get the National Dex, with no intentions of using any cheating involved to assist me in Diamond, in which I don't really have much interest.
HOWEVER...
You're wondering what I found... It is a Diamond/Pearl game save editor. I can change pretty much anything, it seems. Requests from anyone who wants an impossible-to-get legendary thing, it seems I can fulfill.
BUT...
I am a totally nice guy (BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!), but my Internet is sort of down right now: The WildBlue people cut our speed by a lot because the total number of megabytes worth of stuff downloaded over the last thirty rolling days is 14020, somehow. I swear it's h4xxing, or a mistake. Even I don't pirate that much... The number is steadily falling, but it won't return to normal until the number is lower than 13600. In a couple of weeks, though, I'd be happy to grant people those darned impossibles, if there are any... I don't really believe in cheating, however, so I'll probably put them at really low levels. Nothing your Lucky Eggs can't fix, though, eh?
ALSO...
I haven't edited anything I have but my disappointing Pokédex so far and still don't really intend to use this tool to my advantage (though if I replaced my Pokémon with oldbies I could raise, it might be more fun).
But man do I wish I could have transferred some stuff to Ruby. I JUST WANT TO START A NEW FILE WITH AN EGG, IS THAT ASKING A LOT?!?!?!!?!?!?
EDIT...
Man, I'm scrolling through my artificially-complete Pokedex looking at them all in order. The oldest ones' sprites made me smile. The second-gen ones did too. The third-gen ones, not so bad...
And to me it looks like those people were SCRAPING for inspiration for these things. All the new evolutions for the oldest ones that had no evolutions at all... it looks like they fed them gallons and gallons of radioactive creamed corn and watched to see what happened, to be honest.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 04:21:57 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #649 on: July 04, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
What is the point of cheating at games, really? I will never understand.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #650 on: July 04, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »
I don't know. What's the point of creating something in a game that you must get to completely beat the game, but you can't get?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #651 on: July 05, 2007, 03:23:50 PM »
If you have Emerald, you could do the duplication glitch before transfering the Pokémon to the new game. How to do it? Like this:
1st, you need to have completed the Elite Four, so you can go to the Battle Frontier. Go to the Battle Tower, deposit any Pokémon you might want to duplicate and save in front of the PC(in the Battle Tower). Withdraw the Pokémon you want to duplicate and go to the nearest counter lady(link Multi Battle). When SHE asks if you want to save, answer yes; when THE GAME asks if you want to save, answer no and immideatly soft reset(A+B+Start+Select). Return to the game and you should be in front of the lady, look in your party: all the Pokémon should be there. Now go to the PC and the Pokémon should be there too! everything will be alike: item, stats, moves, etc.

« Reply #652 on: July 05, 2007, 06:43:46 PM »
I don't know. What's the point of creating something in a game that you must get to completely beat the game, but you can't get?

That's to get you to go to the special events they have, silly. ;)
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #653 on: July 05, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
What is the point of cheating at games, really? I will never understand.

It's to prove you are hardcore, or that you're very dedicated to finishing your Pokedex, or you're really desperate for an event legendary that you want as a team member but aren't willing to wait for an event that has a 1 in 1000 chance of arriving in your hometown.

I'm pretty sure it's always the first option though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #654 on: July 05, 2007, 07:40:14 PM »
1 in 1000 chance of arriving in your hometown.
Ololololooolooollolooooooooolllolollooooooooooollolooooooollllolololloooooooo etc. to the thought of the clerks at EB Games loading Red and Blue carts with Mews. That is to say, you are.. a-Mews-ing me.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #655 on: July 05, 2007, 09:55:30 PM »
You're saying the point of cheating at games is to "prove" you are hardcore?

If you cheat, you are the OPPOSITE of hardcore. You are a PURE NOOB.

« Reply #656 on: July 11, 2007, 01:58:22 PM »
*shifty eyes* *hides Deoxys, Marshtomp and some-odd master Balls*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #657 on: July 11, 2007, 02:46:36 PM »
Deoxys, eh? It really is a shame you don't have a wifi connection. My Pokédex is crying!

« Reply #658 on: July 11, 2007, 04:41:23 PM »
It's apparently a "hacked" Deoxys, so why do you even want it? And if you don't care about that, why not just hack your own?

Seriously people, everything in videogames is just meaningless bits and 0s and 1s and such. The only thing that gives them meaning and worth is the time (and skill and luck) required to manipulate them in such a way that earns you a rare Pokemon or a lvl 100 Pokemon. If you just hack your way to get whatever you want, you rob the game of all that meaning, and it becomes no longer a game, but just some sterile program. The Pokedex becomes no longer an achievement, but only a reference. I know Bird Person has no problem haxx0ring because he doesn't respect the 4th gen. But those of you respect and love Pokemon, hacking only ruins it for yourself. It changes a game and a self-coherent world into just an encyclopedia and computer program.

« Reply #659 on: July 11, 2007, 04:45:10 PM »
Well, it's a good thing I don't actually own that Action Replay I used. Also... I think I broke it, because all the codes got DELETED off of it after I used it. But I learned my lesson. No cheats for me. Unless they're furry and yellow. Then you can kick 'em. :D

Print