Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142849 times)

« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »
I'd be sad for Pichu if it wasn't for the fact that he's worthless. I doubt Jigglypuff will get cut as she is one of the original 12 characters from the first Smash Bros.

In other news, I'm glad to hear that Diamond and Pearl will have a time system similar to Gold/Silver.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2006, 06:09:24 PM »
He's not worhtless. Some people play better with him than they do with Pika. But seeing is how their redesigning each character's physics from the ground up, Pichu will probably get thrown out. :(

« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2006, 09:55:02 PM »
Or improved. It could be like Pika, except weaker (that rhymed >.<) and able to use different moves.

btw, we've decided to put Hoenn in the fangame, except remade. Then, when you conquer the Elite 4, you move on to the next region.

In other news, I have beaten the Elite 4 in LeafGreen. My team:

Blastoise Lvl. 53
Moltres Lvl. 50
Raichu Lvl. 52
Pidgeot Lvl. 52
Hypno Lvl. 51
Snorlax Lvl. 50

The rival was hard... I beat Venusaur easily with Moltres and Pidgeot, but his Arcanine swept almsot my whole team, except for Snorlax, who I gave Surf because Blastoise had run out of PP for it. It was a 3HKO as Snorlax swept using Surf while Arcanine unsucessfully used Extremespeed.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2006, 09:35:45 AM »
I've never beaten the Elite Four before. I suck.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2006, 10:13:29 AM »
I've beaten the E4 about 13 times. They're really easy to beat!

I've caught almost every pokemon in the game using the duplication method. I even have some pokegods! But... they're all glitchy and have these moves:

Cooltrainer
TM28
Waterfall
..[glitch]339.g*[glitch]

Really weird. To get those, use the Gambler Trick. For some, you must use a Gameshark.
Some pictures:

"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »
That looks bad for your pokemon game.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »
Something similar to that happened to my Red cartridge when I still had it ( =( ) after catching a Missingo. I soon found a Gym Leader in the water...Blane, I think was his name? Anyway, I had to erase my current game for it to function properly.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »
Missingno is my favorite pokemon, but I've never cought one. I don't want to lose a save.
Anyway I found out the mechanics behind missingno

« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2006, 07:14:29 PM »
You don't get your file erased if you catch Missingno. If you don't feel like clicking on the link, there's four steps in the beginning (file names found through hacking):

1. OLD MAN overwrites name file.
2. OLD MAN ITEM overwrites items file.
3. OLD MAN SPRITE overwrites sprite file.
4. OLD MAN POKEMON overwrites pokemon file.

Now the interesting part...

All of the stored data is stored in areas where wild pokemon appear. When you run into a pokemon, your saved data is restored...? Not really. On the right strip of land/water on Cinnibar Island, the programmers made a fatal error. No data for wild pokemon to appear was programmed, but the area was programmed to have pokemon. That results in catching pokemon from the last area with wild pokemon programmed to appear, so Missingno. is actually all of your data. Your data looks like a big block. Missingno. has a hex code of 00, but the game dosn't recognise that hex, so it uses a temporary name: Missingno., which is a combination of the words missing and number. That's why it's number 000. Part two:

1. PLAYER DATA overwrites all the files.
2. PLAYER DATA overwrites E4 data.

But since Missingno. is programmed with wild pokemon too (that are glitched, look at the level of the pokemon), the game also gets glitch data along with saved player data.

Now, if you made it all the way down here without falling asleep, you will know why Missingno. appears. All of this was made without clicking on the above link.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2006, 10:36:29 PM »
Well... The above link includes more, like how you can manipulate your name to get a missingno that totally pwns. Also they have weird missingno fanfics for the missingno fans like me.

« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2006, 10:51:39 PM »
Pokemon glitches are arguably the best... the weird Pokemon you can get out of them! I once saw someone that obtained a Lvl. 173 Golduck or something like that.

btw, has anyone ever seen Bad EGG? That is a really damaging glitch, and it's for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald... I'm not sure about FR/LG. It's an egg that duplicates, filling up all your boxes and not allowing you to catch more Pokemon. It will either not hatch and just stay there forever, or hatch and destroy your game. The only way to obtain it if you put in a code to get a rare legend (eg: Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew) and mess up. Sort of an extreme punishment for cheating. :\

« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2006, 09:30:40 AM »
I have a bad egg. It was supposed to be Jirachi. Stupid me.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2006, 05:34:35 PM »
I have captured Mewtwo in LeafGreen! I sent our my Lvl. 53 Snorlax, and accidentally used Strength instead of Yawn, which took away about 10%-15% of HP, then I used Yawn after taking two Psychic attacks, which left me with 6 HP. Using Swift, Mewtwo fainted Snorlax, so I sent in Blasta, my Lvl. 57 Blastoise. I used Rain Dance, while Mewtwo used Swift, which took away only about 40HP. It started to rain, and Mewtwo fell asleep. I used Surf twice, which left Mewtwo with less than 3% of health. I threw an Ultra Ball, and captured him. ^^ I now also have a Level 55 Kadabra, thanks to the Cerulean Cave.

btw, not all glitches are bad. I encountered a Pokemon that was not normally in its location- Cerulean City- and it was not just any Pokemon, but Mew! ^^ I also helped my friend catch Articuno and Zapdos.

« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2006, 06:10:25 PM »
Good for you! I'll give you a peanut! ... Unless you're allergic to peanuts, in which case I'll find a suitable subtitute. ^_^

« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2006, 07:11:13 PM »
Yay, peanut.

*Eats peanut*

Now, with the help of my friend, I may trade some Pokemon to Emerald to help me beat the Elite 4. I'll probably send Marowak, Kadabra, and Haunter.

Print