Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142861 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2006, 02:42:05 AM »
First thing I did when I came back from Hood Canal was buy myself a new pair of earbuds and Pokemon Emerald.

« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2006, 04:19:32 AM »
So, Ultima Shadow, are you still working on that Pokemon fangame?

Nope... the rest of the people were doing next to nothing, and they had little experience in RMXP. I don't have much, admittedly, but I have enough to make a game. I've made one before :D

Wait...Pearl and Diamond are only going to be for DS? :'(

Yep, I doubt there will be anymore GBA Pokemon games.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have Wi-Fi! Yay. I'm I the only one who's going to get it (on this forum)?

I'm getting it, and I'm trading my old Pokemon to it.

I have an important question. My friend is trying to catch Articuno on Red Version and the Ultra Balls do not work on it. How do I fix this?

Buy normal Pokeballs, Great Balls and Ultra Balls. Try Pokeballs first, or any order. You can use a Pokemon with a sleep move, and, if you caught Snorlax and kept Yawn, then you can use that. I'm not sure if R/B/Y has False Swipe, but it's a good idea, Marowak learns it in FR/LG. Articuno is 4x weak to Rock attacks, so that's an idea.

Anyway, my team right now:

Blastoise Lvl. 57
Raichu Lvl. 57
Pidgeot Lvl. 56
Haunter Lvl. 54
Articuno Lvl. 52
Snorlax Lvl. 55

Yeah, I have a legend... but at least it's not something like Mewtwo. Articuno, compared to other legends, is actually pretty weak.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. It turns out that two minutes later my friend was gloating in my face when the Ultra Balls worked, along with when he caught a Zapdos with a UB and a Moltres with a regular Pokeball.

Did anyone ever figure out the real truth behind Missingno.'s and M_Block's? And what about the over-Lvl. 100 Pokemon?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #273 on: July 18, 2006, 12:25:48 AM »
Missingno., M. and the other glitches are just space-fillers. They had capacity for a lot of Pokemon in Red/Blue/Yellow, but these blank spaces were filled with... nothing. If you force it to appear in a glitch, then there would be an error, and it would load up a jumble of Pokemon data.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #274 on: July 18, 2006, 06:27:50 AM »
That sounds right. But that doesn't explain why there are Pokemon over Lvl. 100. And what about Cloud World (No, not the Mario one, there is one in Pokemon)? That's just a fill in the program, too, right?

EDIT: Check out this site for info. on Pokemon glitches, Missingno and MBlock, and Cloud World/ Glitch City.  http://www.trsrockin.com/index.html
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 10:03:00 AM by Mr.Melee »

« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2006, 10:54:48 AM »
Yeah, I have a legend... but at least it's not something like Mewtwo. Articuno, compared to other legends, is actually pretty weak.

Not to brag but on my B, R, and Gold I had all the legendarys and Mewtwo. Is it really that hard, I don't remember.

« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2006, 01:13:17 AM »
That sounds right. But that doesn't explain why there are Pokemon over Lvl. 100. And what about Cloud World (No, not the Mario one, there is one in Pokemon)? That's just a fill in the program, too, right?

EDIT: Check out this site for info. on Pokemon glitches, Missingno and MBlock, and Cloud World/ Glitch City.  http://www.trsrockin.com/index.html

Like I said, an error in the game data leads to loading up Level 100+ Pokemon. Cloud World, I've never heard of, but trsrockin probably explains it somewhere.

Not to brag but on my B, R, and Gold I had all the legendarys and Mewtwo. Is it really that hard, I don't remember.

As do I, but legends are usually frowned upon, especially in Netbattle. They have ridiculously high stats, and some Pokemon, like Kyogre, are almost impossible to beat without something with Thunder (due to it's ability). Articuno is pretty weak, and can't do much else apart from Mind Reader+Sheer Cold.

btw, I restarted Emerald. My team:

Kimori (Treecko Lvl 11, F)
Pound
Absorb
Leer
Quick Attack

Who can guess what Kimori means? It's quite easy.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2006, 06:20:03 AM »
It's Treecko in it's Japanese equivalent, right? (thank you Google).

On my unbeatable Gold Version, my Lvl. 100 Typhlosion is named Bakufun, for his Japanese equivalent name.

On the Team Rocket's Rockin' site's home page (which explains everything about the Pokemon Red/Blue and Yellow glitches), drag your mouse over the Missingno. tab and click on the link that says "Glitch City." I said Cloud World because my friends back in the day dubbed it that. I was lucky enough to experience it first-hand, along with the Missingno.s and M_Blocks.

« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2006, 09:53:51 AM »
Fire Red

Luke/Charmenleon Lvl 28
Joth/Pidgey Lvl 12
Joseph/Caterpie Lvl 9
Jacob/Weedle Lvl 10
Ni NI/Snorlax Lvl 52

Leaf Green

Talia/Venasuare Lvl 40
Tara/Pidgeot Lvl 38
Tay/Spearow Lvl 24
Tiz/Pikachu Lvl 16
Tam/Pidgeyotto Lvl 20
Tegan/Charmander Lvl 7
Super Mario.....The King Of Nintendo

« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2006, 04:19:33 PM »
It's Treecko in it's Japanese equivalent, right? (thank you Google).

Yep. Sometimes, I mix up nicknames... for example, my Ralts' nickname is Sanuro- a mix between the Japanese names of Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir. I have 2 Pokemon in my Pokedex, and I will soon catch a Nincada, and I will start building my eventual team.

Sceptile
Gardevoir
Milotic
Ninjask
Absol
Raichu/Salamence

On the Team Rocket's Rockin' site's home page (which explains everything about the Pokemon Red/Blue and Yellow glitches), drag your mouse over the Missingno. tab and click on the link that says "Glitch City." I said Cloud World because my friends back in the day dubbed it that. I was lucky enough to experience it first-hand, along with the Missingno.s and M_Blocks.

Ah, Glitch City. I've heard of that, at least. x_X

« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2006, 09:02:02 AM »
Sceptile
Gardevoir
Milotic
Ninjask
Absol
Raichu/Salamence

Two Pokemon that are on my Sapphire team.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2006, 10:53:48 PM »
Treecko evolved, and I captured a Nincada. Ralts is one level away from evolving, and is currently my most powerful Pokemon by 1 level. Nincada is always KOed first, it's hard to raise >.<

« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2006, 12:11:29 PM »
I got an idea: As soon as the battle starts, if Nincada is out first, switch it out for your strongest Pokemon. It might not be very quick, but hey, it works.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #283 on: July 22, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »
I recently got Emerald, and I can't put it down...
Say, does Emerald combine all the available Pokemon in Sapphire and Ruby?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:29:05 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2006, 12:49:53 AM »
I got an idea: As soon as the battle starts, if Nincada is out first, switch it out for your strongest Pokemon. It might not be very quick, but hey, it works.

That's what I did, but it became powerful enough to battle on its own. My current team is Grovyle Lvl 22, Kirlia Lvl 22, Ninjask Lvl 20 and Shedinja Lvl 20. Shedinja will be ditched for Feebas, Absol and Salamence.

I recently got Emerald, and I can't put it down...
Say, does Emerald combine all the available Pokemon in Sapphire and Ruby?

Nope, there are some unavailable ones. According to Serebii.net, you can't get Surskit, Masquerain, Meditite, Medicham, Zangoose and Lunatone. However, Gamefreak/Nintendo left an error in the game- at certain times, you can find Surskit in certain areas, but they are extremely rare. Also, you can catch Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, and a wide variety of Johto Pokemon. You can also choose between Latios and Latias (imo, Latios is better) once you've beaten the Elite 4, and the Battle Frontier features some of the most difficult trainers in the game, despite its seemingly simple systems. I went through a large tournament in one of the buildings once, only to lose in the final match.

Print