Print

Author Topic: Runescape  (Read 10267 times)

« on: April 07, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »
Is anyone here a player of Jagex Ltd.'s game Runescape? It's an MMORPG where you can fight, do quests, and many other stuff. It's like a slimmed-down version of World of Warcraft. The cool thing is, the game is free and if you want, you can suscribe to a members' account and get more features. (But you have to pay $5 a year.)

However, this game is so addicting that it's the reason why I didn't spend that much time here in FF.

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 06:04:52 PM »
Oh sweet Koopa Troopas, not Runescape again.

I hate it with a passion, mostly due to its blatant disregard for capitalization and professionalism.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:15:12 PM »
Really? The one reason I don't play it is cause a close friend of mine told me it flat out sucked and I'd be better off playing Starcraft.

Not that I do play Starcraft or anything.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »
Frankly, I consider RuneScape to be a waste of time. It's like a rip-off of WoW.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 01:01:43 PM by PaperMario »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 09:09:55 PM »
I will never be a player of Runescape, nor will I like it to any extent. You see, my brother got into this hunk o' junk months ago and it cost me valuable time on the computer.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »
Mr. Wiggles has a wise friend.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 08:45:16 AM »
I began playing RuneScape about 5 years ago. Back then, there were only 3 worlds (not 70 or however many they have now). My username was "Krazymonkey5" -- I have a couple stats obscenely high leveled, and was once an admin on a 10,000+ member RS community.

I quit as soon as the following three changes occured (this happened over a span of a couple years, actually):

1) The chat program was parsed in a completely messed up way. I.E., sans exception, all text was changed so that the first letter of sentencs was the only letter is capitalized. This led to stupidity like "Yes, i am insane steve." The censor was also messed up. For a period of time, I remember when every so often almost every character in a chat line was starred out because the program found it obscene. I still think the filter is horrible.

2) The graphics changed. I liked the quaint, almost Paper Mario-ish psuedo 2D character graphics - then they changed to 3D everything. Which I didn't like, although that isn't the worst part... after this, they decided that added a bunch of horribly stupid content, like being randomly attacked by bees, was a great idea. Those random events annoyed me enough to quit.

3) Playerbase went down the toilet. When there were only a few servers, the people in game were helpful and didn't act stupid. I log on about 5 months ago after my year hiatus and discover that like 90% of the playerbase wants to buy my Santa Hat for 10% of its market value, and that they all claim that that's what it's worth although the rare market and market guide on that community I was once an admin on say otherwise. Then they flame me out as a "stupid nob" -- even though, as I said, I've been on that game since it only had 3 worlds. Then again, I realise that the less esoteric a game is, the more likely the playerbase will be full of idiots. Just how anything is, I s'pose.

So, ya. Game became unenjoyable and I gave up.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 12:50:53 PM »
Well, I started playing the second version so I guess I missed out on the other ones.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »
I started to play, my friend gave me a bunch of awesome items, I got killed by a scorpion, and that was that. That was a long time ago, too, before I found other, better stuff.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 03:45:58 PM »
Some of my friends kept pestering me to get an account and play, so I finally did about two summers ago. I probably played it off and on for about a month or two, got tired of it and said "meh," and haven't played it since.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »
Insane Steve has inspired me to never play Runescape.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 07:34:34 PM »
TEM has inspired me to read Inasne Steve's post which has inspired me to never play Runescape.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »
My brother plays it non-stop. I don't like it myself.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 03:22:47 AM »
Insane Steve has inspired me to never play Runescape.

I love you Insane Steve.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 05:19:05 PM »
I will never be a player of Runescape, nor will I like it to any extent. You see, my brother got into this hunk o' junk months ago and it cost me valuable time on the computer.
My brother plays it non-stop. I don't like it myself.

My bro got into it yesterday. He got the stupid idea from a friend that likes Yugeo, or wtvr, and I'm trying to tell him it's a waste of time. If any of his friends like anything that's stupid, he gets interested.  Like, Neopets. Is anybody here into that, he wanted to play that too, but I told him only gay people play that. (sorry to anybody who does play it.)

Print